JML "I love Charlie Hustle's new Avatar" Monday >>>

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JML "I love Charlie Hustle's new Avatar" Monday >>>

Took the weekend off, as I was painting/moving into a new pad. Lots for today...

Orioles +140 (Cabrera) vs Tigers - 1 Unit
    Nice line here with Cabrera IMO...Bonderman coming off a rocking...small value play...

Cubs -130 (Hill) vs Pirates - 2 Units
    Scratching my head with this line....Cubs playing well winning 3 straight....Pirates playing poorly losing 2 straight...Hill has been dominant all year, and is coming off his only loss of the year...Duke has been hit hard all year, and is coming off his only good start last time out...BUT it was against the weak Houston lineup...

Phillies +140 (Lieber) vs Braves - 1 Unit
    Another small value play at +140....Lieber has looked great since being promoted to the rotation...Myers closes things out, Phillies getting on a bit of a roll lately after a slow start...Hudson has been great, but I think I read that Hancock was his good friend and roomate, and Hudson's Grandma also died...tough weekend for Tim....tragic really, who know's how it will affect him.

Jays/Rangers UNDER 9 -120 (Halladay/Padilla) - 1 Unit
    Halladay back to his usual juiced lines after a couple of gifts his last two starts, so I will go with the under here...Doc should give up under 3 runs as usual and go 8+, and Padilla has been surprisingly tough against righthanders this year keeping them to a .203 average...and as we know, the Jays are stocked with righthanders.

Angels -156 (Lackey) vs Royals (Perez) - 2 Units
    Fading Odalis.

Padres RL -115 (Peavy) vs Nationals - 1 Unit
    Peavy against the Nats....only one play for me....if he struck out 16 Dbacks...how many Nats will he whiff?

Dbacks -107 (Webb) vs Dodgers - 2 Units
    Webb was great last start but ran into that unbelievable Peavy start for a no-decision, and is rounding into that Cy Young form giving up only 3 runs in his last 16 IP. Wolf coming back to earth after a hot start.

GL today....try not to piss on anyone's foreheads
    Last edited by JohnnyMapleLeaf; 04-30-2007, 11:33 AM.

Appreciate the appeciation
    "I'd walk through hell in a gasoline suit to play baseball." Pete Rose

MLB (3-4) - 3.5 Units

Comment

Hmmm I really like alot of your picks, might be on 80% of them haha.

Comment

GL JML! Hope my Cubbies come through for you. I think part of the reason the line is so low in some peoples' opinions is that Duke (regardless of how he has done this year) has always befuddled the Cubs in the last 3 years or so, to the point where he has just been downright dominant. I sure hope that changes today! :thumbs:
        Moose

"Don't give up! Don't ever give up!" - Jimmy V

Comment

Not hard to see why the line is so low for the Flubs and Hill. Duke has absolutely owned them, and it's not hard to see why, judging by the way the Flubs hit lefties....which is not good....hitting a feeble. 218 vs LHP so far this season and right off the top of my head being owned by Ted Lilly and even being shut down by oil can Mark Redman, who everyone else has beaten the hell out of this year.

With that being said, Rich Hill is a quality lefty himself, and the Flubs do have the more potentially potent line up, so my decision to back the home dog here is a tough one....although I'm pretty sure I'll be playing the under.

Like the Phils and D'backs though. I'm concerned about why the line is so low for the D'backs with Webb going against the very average Randy Wolf (yea, he's been decent this year, but got hit around early vs SF in his last start, and has always been very hittable in the past), but the public tells me that my thoughts that it is just a generic line to get even action are probably true, as they are pretty much split on the game. Also love the situation with the Dodgers coming off a marathon yesterday.

GL tonight, and watch out for incoming turds :beerbang:

Comment

Thanks guys.

Yeah, Ditka, Stif...I see that Duke has been great against Chicago...I usually don't take "Career vs Team A" into account very much when capping. New Cub team, new players, new year...but that is probably a reason for the line. Although a couple Cubs have awesome career numbers against Duke, and newcomer Soriano is 2 for 5 lifetime, and Duke is 0-1 in his last 2 starts against the cubbies, ...who knows...that career number could mean something, but I rarely use it. But...the one thing I don't like is that the avg. vs lefties I believe in that capping tool very much. Just think Hill is too good for Pitt. Might grab some of that under though, Stif.

GL...Zona looks real good :thumbs:

Comment

JML- GL!....can't believe you're not playing OTT to win one of these 2 games after you said they would win the series pretty easily. You done with pucks for the year? You don't seem too into gambling on them.......i may take a couple day break as soon as i have a bad day...kind of need a break but don't want to stop in the middle of winning......
              I am the M'bah a'Flyers Fan !

Comment

thanks for the insight stif, im gonna grab some under as well. thx!

Comment

GL 2day JML!
                  Overall Records

Each play is to win the # of units posted unless it's a dog then I'm betting that amount.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnyMapleLeaf View Post
                    Thanks guys.

Yeah, Ditka, Stif...I see that Duke has been great against Chicago...I usually don't take "Career vs Team A" into account very much when capping. New Cub team, new players, new year...but that is probably a reason for the line. Although a couple Cubs have awesome career numbers against Duke, and newcomer Soriano is 2 for 5 lifetime, and Duke is 0-1 in his last 2 starts against the cubbies, ...who knows...that career number could mean something, but I rarely use it. But...the one thing I don't like is that the avg. vs lefties I believe in that capping tool very much. Just think Hill is too good for Pitt. Might grab some of that under though, Stif.

GL...Zona looks real good :thumbs:
                    I see your points, but have you ever seen some of these Flubs hitters try to hit a lefty? And I'm talking about this year's team. With that being said, they'll probably put up 15 runs tonight, lol

And, don't get me wrong here, I'm not criticizing your capping style at all or questioning how you come up with plays....but I have seen you say in the past that you liked the Jays at least partially because they kill LHP, yet when a team doesn't seem to hit lefties well, it's not a concern....so that didn't really make sense to me. Just curious.

Comment

gl 2 night JML... I see great value in Phills and O's tonight...like the DBACKS and Pads RL as well
                      To A Phillies World Series :beerbang:

Flyers and Eagles --- its your turn:beerbang:

1 unit=25 dollars
                      2 units=50, etc.. and so on

Comment

Originally posted by Stifler's Mom View Post
                        I see your points, but have you ever seen some of these Flubs hitters try to hit a lefty? And I'm talking about this year's team. With that being said, they'll probably put up 15 runs tonight, lol

And, don't get me wrong here, I'm not criticizing your capping style at all or questioning how you come up with plays....but I have seen you say in the past that you liked the Jays at least partially because they kill LHP, yet when a team doesn't seem to hit lefties well, it's not a concern....so that didn't really make sense to me. Just curious.
                        No, Stif...didn't think you were critizing at all, and your points were well taken as always as you answered my question as to why the line was so low. I don't like the "pitcher alltime vs team" stuff (I find it to be a close cousin of the whole NFL "Bengals 4-25 @ Denver" kind of trend bull****) the past is the past....BUT like you, I think the Lefty/Righty thing is huge in bases capping (like you say...me and the Jays)...and like I said above....when you and Ditka brought that up, I didn't like that at all because I missed that angle totally here with the Cubs because I was so excited about getting Hill on a low number coming off a loss.

Still like the play though, cause the play is mainly on Hill shutting down the Bucs completely...and I don't have Duke as a top shut-down lefty anyway...

GL tonight Stiff... :thumbs:
                        Last edited by JohnnyMapleLeaf; 04-30-2007, 06:47 PM.

Comment

Gl JML
                          NFL 0-0 +0.00units

NCAAF 8-10 -9.20units

Comment

Originally posted by FlyersFan View Post
                            JML- GL!....can't believe you're not playing OTT to win one of these 2 games after you said they would win the series pretty easily. You done with pucks for the year? You don't seem too into gambling on them.......i may take a couple day break as soon as i have a bad day...kind of need a break but don't want to stop in the middle of winning......
                            I was boycotting you ever since I saw you in an NBA In-game thread going to town as happy as a clam. Disgraceful! Just Brutal. LOL

Nahh...just trying to pick my spots...and I had been making some plays up until Friday, but then I was moving into a new place, and didn't have internet yet...so no plays on anything until today @ work.

I stayed away from Ottawa juiced up that much as I think Marty seems to be hitting his stride, and could steal any game from here on in...ALTHOUGH, I do think Ottawa wins tonight...but in a close one...

I do have a play on the Sharks later tonight that I will be posting...

GL FF..

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnyMapleLeaf View Post
                              I was boycotting you ever since I saw you in an NBA In-game thread going to town as happy as a clam. Disgraceful! Just Brutal. LOL
                              lmao....they call me the NBA hater over there......:beerbang:
                              I am the M'bah a'Flyers Fan !

Comment

Working...
                              X