Friday

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friday

A couple for today although I don't love the card as much as the last few days.

Toronto/NYY - No play yet

I am strongly considering the under here. Romero dominated the Yankees last year with the exception of a joke game where his OF's lost 2 balls in the sun for extra bases and he got some really bad luck. The other two matchups he absolutely dominated Cano and Texiera with his changeup and Jeter could hit his inside fastball. I think Toronto could be a little sluggish after their big series in Texas and having to travel so I am leaning to the under. Garcia has seemed to be doing it with smoke and mirrors but with a rested bullpen he should only need 5-6 innings and Girardi will be able to go to Robertson, Joba, the Eigth Inning Guy and Mo. Plus with Snider going down that's one more LHB out of the lineup. I expect the total to rise throughout the day so I will probably play this closer to gametime. Yesterday wasn't really an indication of the Yankees breaking out on offense. The Sox issued 8 walks (several in succession) and that keyed the offense. Smoke and mirrors kind of like Barry Enright.

The only concern I have is I am always apprehensive about playing NYY unders. But if there is any play it's Romero or the under.

Detroit -110 3 Units

Yes, Cleveland is playing well but let's not get carried away. They have played a very soft schedule, they have also faced very few RHP like Scherzer. They are off a 10 game stretch vs KC, Min and KC (not exactly world beaters of late). Both teams have performed similarly against RHP except for the fact that Detroit has been facing higher quality RHP's. I see Detroit with a significant advantage on the mound and a slight advantage with their lineup. That's more than enough for me with a home dog that appears to be garnering public support.

Florida/Cincy over 9 +100 2 Units

Two mediocre flyball pitchers, gentle wind tunnel and two teams with plenty of guys to do damage. I like Votto and Stanton to both go deep as each team should be able to get to 4. Javy is walking way too many guys and Cincy will take pitches and work him and Wood is giving up too many hits, which plays into a Florida team that likes to swing and put the ball in play.

Baltimore +140 2 Units

I like how Arrieta has pitched and although Danks has been Chicago's best pitcher they are just in a funk right now. I don't love Baltimore in general but I think there is value in this number.

Oakland -105 2 Units

glta
    MLB
    May
    Overall 43-43 +5.5 Units
    Sides 19-22 -0.0 Units
    Total 24-21 +5.5 Units

April
    Overall 61-44 +47.1 Units
    Sides 28-28 +4.0 Units
    Totals 33-16 +43.1 Units

Don't know if you saw or not, or if it will affect him tonight, but Bautista took a shot on the wrist yesterday from a pitched ball. He seemed to be in "broken bone, leave the game, out for 4 to 6 weeks minimum" type pain while rolling around on the ground at home plate, before actually getting up and taking first base after being attended to by the trainer.

I assume this sort of thing has every chance of stiffening up at the least, and possibly causing some apprehension at the plate till he shrugs it off completely.

He has been on a tear, and I think it's safe to say that without him at his best the jays offense is much less threatening

Comment

Thanks for the reminder. I heard it on the radio but forgot. Im leaning to nothing since the line has dropped on Romero but I want to see the starting lineups. There is always more games tomorrow.
      MLB
      May
      Overall 43-43 +5.5 Units
      Sides 19-22 -0.0 Units
      Total 24-21 +5.5 Units

April
      Overall 61-44 +47.1 Units
      Sides 28-28 +4.0 Units
      Totals 33-16 +43.1 Units

Comment

adding

Tor/NYY Under 9 -105 2 Units