Did anyone watch Mil/Atl on Monday?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did anyone watch Mil/Atl on Monday?

I didn't have a chance to watch any of this game and I was curious how Gallardo and Jurrjens (especially Gallardo) threw the ball. I have an idea of why Gallardo came unglued but I am curious how he was spotting pitches early, was he getting ahead with called strikes or were the Braves swinging at balls? Anything that someone noticed would be great.

Thanks.
    MLB
    May
    Overall 43-43 +5.5 Units
    Sides 19-22 -0.0 Units
    Total 24-21 +5.5 Units

April
    Overall 61-44 +47.1 Units
    Sides 28-28 +4.0 Units
    Totals 33-16 +43.1 Units

I missed the first few innings putting my kids to bed, but I watched from the 3rd inning-ish on.

Gallardo was hitting his spots with the fastball early, setting up the curveball and was cruising pretty good. He got thru five no problem and was looking strong with only one batter taking him to a 3-2 count.

Just before the wheels fell off in the 6th, Prince "Fatass" Fielder missed a popup behind first base that I'm guessing every other 1B in the NL makes the catch. The very next pitch Uggla hit a seeing-eye grounder thru short and his control (and confidence?) went. Walked Freeman with a few borderline fastballs that went as balls. Hung a first-pitch curve to Gonzales and suddenly the Brewers are losing 4-2.

I know it sounds like sour grapes, but if Fielder makes that play it's a whole different ballgame. I hope the GM that's going to sign Prince for 20-million a season next year was watching last night, cause he sucks as a first baseman. But did you see that 480 foot bomb he hit vs. Houston two night's ago, that's what everyone will remember. :laughing:

Comment

I went back thru and realized I didn't really answer your questions.

Most of the early strikes for Gallardo were called, they were swinging and missing at the curve.

Jurrjens looked great from what I saw. Spotted the fastball, with good velocity (mostly 93s). He was getting a few of the Brewers hitters to watch the backdoor slider and he was hitting the corner with it pretty consistently. I lot of popups when the Milw. hitters were out in front of it late in the count.

UGLY game ... thanks for making me re-live it again. :bang:

Comment

Sorry about that. I saw that gallardo stopped throwing first pitch strikes when the wheels came off and I was wondering if there was a cause or if was skating by early. Appreciate the help. @
        MLB
        May
        Overall 43-43 +5.5 Units
        Sides 19-22 -0.0 Units
        Total 24-21 +5.5 Units

April
        Overall 61-44 +47.1 Units
        Sides 28-28 +4.0 Units
        Totals 33-16 +43.1 Units

Comment

Working...
        X