Saturday

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saturday

Let's start the day with what feels like the captain obvious play of the day

Cincy -135 First 5 2 Units

Arroyo dominates all of the Cubs hitters except Byrd, Castro and Soriano likely are sitting and Casey Coleman is terrible. The Cubs will have no legitimate hitters that deserve to even be in the top 5 of a legitimate major league lineup on the field today and they will be putting their poor defense behind a guy who walks someone 4.5/9 for his career and 6 per 9 for the season. This feels too easy but I can't see anything that makes me willing to back Casey Coleman. I don't like the Reds but this is a small price for a superior pitching matchup, the better lineup and a team that can't play awful defense 2 days in a row. The Cubs blew their chance yesterday not taking advantage of all their baserunners.

Minnesota +145 3 Units

Duensing has a track record of dominating LHB and keeping them in the park. If he does the same today he should be able to handle a lineup that is perceived to be underachieving. Minnesota has gotten a lot of mojo going the last 3 games and I think there is a reasonable chance for that to continue against a team that is playing .333 ball against clubs that don't have Angels across their chest. Bucholz is dealing with a blister and Minnesota has a bunch of kids up now with all the injuries and they don't know that Boston is supposed to be kicking everyone's ass. They are just motivated to keep a job in the big leagues.

TB/Baltimore Under 8 -105 2 Units

Going back to the well after the kick in the sack push last night. I like these pitchers better than last night since I have more confidence that Guthrie gets into the 7th. Hellickson is on extra rest and he has pitched fine on that before and I think he has a lot of room to be better than he has been to this point. I think he stuff is certainly capable of shutting down the O's with his control and command. They have enough free swingers to stop rallies and with the Rays low batting average Guthrie should be able to limit the damage. I like a 3-2, 4-1 type of game and I lean to the Rays but my gut says O's.

That's it till the night games.

glta
    MLB
    May
    Overall 43-43 +5.5 Units
    Sides 19-22 -0.0 Units
    Total 24-21 +5.5 Units

April
    Overall 61-44 +47.1 Units
    Sides 28-28 +4.0 Units
    Totals 33-16 +43.1 Units

Probably will be on Minny as well. Good luck today!
    NFL 17: 45-47-2 // 48.91% // -10.12
    MMA: 247-332-2 // 42.66% // -6.04
    MLB 17: 151-140-8 // 51.89% // +5.65 ROR // +42.13
    NCAAF 17: 63-49-2 // 56.25% // +6.80
    Updated on 01/13/18
    ---
    One of my 2018 resolutions: no more action gambling.

Comment

Some late games

Atlanta +105 4 Units

Better offense, pitcher with better stuff, better bullpen. The only thing Philly has going for it is public perception. Kyle Kendrick strikes out less than 4 per 9 and that will set you up for failure more times than not.

Florida

I'm not playing this game but a note I saw the other night, the Marlins have won 15 straight home games that Volstad has started. The other guys on the list below him were Bruce Chen and I don't know who else. I don't think it tells you a whole lot, but the list was interesting.

Not loving tonight's card. That's probably it.

glta
      MLB
      May
      Overall 43-43 +5.5 Units
      Sides 19-22 -0.0 Units
      Total 24-21 +5.5 Units

April
      Sides 28-28 +4.0 Units
      Totals 33-16 +43.1 Units

Comment

Weve been on the same page the last few days, that Rays/Orioles under was definitely a kick in the groin. With you on all 3 of the early games and will probably be on the Braves later today as well. GL to us.

Comment

It was a little frustrating since I could feel the O's getting atleast 1 in the 9th. It's the 4th total I've lost or pushed in the last 5 days with 3 or more runs in the 8th and 9th. But atleast it says I'm seeing things well.

Good luck.
          MLB
          May
          Overall 43-43 +5.5 Units
          Sides 19-22 -0.0 Units
          Total 24-21 +5.5 Units

April
          Sides 28-28 +4.0 Units
          Totals 33-16 +43.1 Units

Comment

Working...