Wednesday

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wednesday

A little better feel today I think...I haven't had as much time the last few days and I can see that my plays have suffered.

Det/Minny Under 8 -115 3 Units

Two pitchers who will play well in this park against depleted or underperforming lineups. Coke hasn't bad as bad as his numbers and no one is going deep on him today.

SD/Mil Under 7' -115 3 Units

Another low scoring game on get away day, two red hot pitchers who can shutdown the opposing lineups. Both teams scuffling and with 1 or 2 in the lineup that are rally killers it should help. My only concern is the Brewers pen but I don't think they have to do much work today.

adding a few more shortly.
    MLB
    May
    Overall 43-43 +5.5 Units
    Sides 19-22 -0.0 Units
    Total 24-21 +5.5 Units

April
    Overall 61-44 +47.1 Units
    Sides 28-28 +4.0 Units
    Totals 33-16 +43.1 Units

Franchise, doesn't this seem like Year of the Pitcher Part Deux again this year, at least in the early going? Seems like those we expect to moose out... I wonder what the O/U stats are for this year?
    NFL 17: 45-47-2 // 48.91% // -10.12
    MMA: 247-332-2 // 42.66% // -6.04
    MLB 17: 151-140-8 // 51.89% // +5.65 ROR // +42.13
    NCAAF 17: 63-49-2 // 56.25% // +6.80
    Updated on 01/13/18
    ---
    One of my 2018 resolutions: no more action gambling.

Comment

Oakland -105 3 Units

Better pitcher, better bullpen, good track record vs Harrison who has been inconsistent and successful vs LHP, especially of late. With the wind blowing in it will play much more like Oakland's home park which should help Gonzalez even more.

Cincy/Houston Under 7' 3 Units

Another game I really like with two quality pitchers. Volquez struggles with walks but Houston doesn't take pitches. He should be able to go atleast 6 IP and will likely have his longest outing of the season. Houston has also had minimal success vs him with the players on the roster. Wandy is very strong at home and has been good more often than not against the Reds. I'm not impressed by the Reds lineup although they do score runs. With Votto in a little funk and the fact that Wandy owns Bruce I think that will help him navigate the lineup a couple of times. The deeper he goes in the game the better chance at a W for me and the Stros. I would be surprised to see each team score 4 runs and I expect a 3-2 or 3-1 type of game with the winning score coming against the bullpen.

glta
      MLB
      May
      Overall 43-43 +5.5 Units
      Sides 19-22 -0.0 Units
      Total 24-21 +5.5 Units

April
      Sides 28-28 +4.0 Units
      Totals 33-16 +43.1 Units

Comment

Tonight

NYY -1' even 3 Units

There is no reason that Vin Mazzaro won't get torched. The Yankees have seen him before and will be familiar, he isn't overpowering and he doesn't command his pitches well. Throw in that Rapuano tends to have a tighter strike zone and that probably won't work out real well. NYY has been scuffling on offense but they continued with some chances last night but they mostly came with 2 outs. I see NY getting a lot of baserunners tonight and they are all ending on the bases. Burnett has been good so far this year and this is a lineup he can dominate. Free swingers like Francouer and Cabrera will help stop any rallies and although KC likes to run and AJ doesn't hold runners that well I don't think that will be a big issue. Good defense will take care of some of those runners as they run into outs like they did last night. I like NY big with 6-9 runs being scored while I expect KC to score less than 4.

CWS/Angels over 7' -120 3 Units

Going back to the well with two pitchers who I don't expect to do well. Chatwood is walking too many guys and throwing fastballs to the Sox won't work. Peavy is overrated and I wouldn't be surprised to see him throw 89 MPH meatballs for the minor leaguers from the Angels to clobber all over the park. If either pitcher gets an early shower their bullpen isn't likely to do them any favors. Plus Chatwood off 111 pitch gem, market correction coming.

Florida +105 3 Units

Nolasco is consistent and Philly's offense can be handled by his stuff. Lee hasn't faced most of this lineup but the players who have faced him have had big success. Lee has also struggled to bounce back from 110 pitch starts (he is off back to back ones and both on 4 days rest) since he got traded from the more forgiving park in Seattle. I think Lee has to battle and I think Florida is able to bang out enough hits to score 4 runs before he leaves and for Nolasco and the bullpen that should be plenty. I don't think Philly scores more than 2.

I think that's it but I am considering 1-2 other plays.

glta.
        MLB
        May
        Overall 43-43 +5.5 Units
        Sides 19-22 -0.0 Units
        Total 24-21 +5.5 Units

April
        Sides 28-28 +4.0 Units
        Totals 33-16 +43.1 Units

Comment

Well thankfully rain saved a pretty brutal afternoon. It's too bad I didn't have the Padres in the first team to crank out 23 hits pool.

AK...There have actually been 18 more (give or take based on closing line) overs than unders to this point in the season but scoring is down overall. I don't know that it really tells us much about what's going to happen, but clearly it didn't tell me much about what was happening today.
          MLB
          May
          Overall 43-43 +5.5 Units
          Sides 19-22 -0.0 Units
          Total 24-21 +5.5 Units

April
          Sides 28-28 +4.0 Units
          Totals 33-16 +43.1 Units

Comment

Originally posted by Franchise View Post
            Tonight

NYY -1' even 3 Units

There is no reason that Vin Mazzaro won't get torched. The Yankees have seen him before and will be familiar, he isn't overpowering and he doesn't command his pitches well. Throw in that Rapuano tends to have a tighter strike zone and that probably won't work out real well. NYY has been scuffling on offense but they continued with some chances last night but they mostly came with 2 outs. I see NY getting a lot of baserunners tonight and they are all ending on the bases. Burnett has been good so far this year and this is a lineup he can dominate. Free swingers like Francouer and Cabrera will help stop any rallies and although KC likes to run and AJ doesn't hold runners that well I don't think that will be a big issue. Good defense will take care of some of those runners as they run into outs like they did last night. I like NY big with 6-9 runs being scored while I expect KC to score less than 4.

CWS/Angels over 7' -120 3 Units

Going back to the well with two pitchers who I don't expect to do well. Chatwood is walking too many guys and throwing fastballs to the Sox won't work. Peavy is overrated and I wouldn't be surprised to see him throw 89 MPH meatballs for the minor leaguers from the Angels to clobber all over the park. If either pitcher gets an early shower their bullpen isn't likely to do them any favors. Plus Chatwood off 111 pitch gem, market correction coming.

Florida +105 3 Units

Nolasco is consistent and Philly's offense can be handled by his stuff. Lee hasn't faced most of this lineup but the players who have faced him have had big success. Lee has also struggled to bounce back from 110 pitch starts (he is off back to back ones and both on 4 days rest) since he got traded from the more forgiving park in Seattle. I think Lee has to battle and I think Florida is able to bang out enough hits to score 4 runs before he leaves and for Nolasco and the bullpen that should be plenty. I don't think Philly scores more than 2.
            Like all 3 of these myself. Hopefully your night goes better than the afternoon did :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
            X