adding:

oak -120
      tb -165
      kc +1.5 -135
      nym -111
      cin -122

2 units each

Comment

lmfao @ Brad Penny throwing 8 shutout innings. Had I known ahead of time Detroit would have only 3 runs for the game I would have put 10 units on KC +1.5 knowing they would have only needed 2 runs in 9 innings to cash it. I would have never thought KC would get shut out by Brad freakin Penny, not to mention once they got to the brutal Detroit bullpen, who hasn't even had to rear it's ugly head today.

And good thing TB showed up this afternoon.

Oh and also nice thing the Nats managed to support Livan with such a fine offensive effort in their 1-0 loss.

Oh well. You'll have this.

adding:

nyy -135
        ariz +123
        chc/sf u8 -120

2 units each

Comment

I lost the Twins total when they allowed the first 8 guys in the inning to reach base in the 11th. 4 of them by walk, none intentional.
          MLB
          May
          Overall 43-43 +5.5 Units
          Sides 19-22 -0.0 Units
          Total 24-21 +5.5 Units

April
          Overall 61-44 +47.1 Units
          Sides 28-28 +4.0 Units
          Totals 33-16 +43.1 Units

Comment

yep there definitely have been some ****ty endings lately.

The cubs/sf game was a perfectly good under that got shortened and no actioned due to rain.

What's up with the Yankees offense lately? Amongst other issues, those #3 and #4 hitters who are making enough collectively to buy a small island both look like it's their first day on the planet at the plate and they desperately need someone to show them what to do. That's a lot of dough the Yankees are paying per K between those two clowns, lol

And Posada just decides he doesn't wanna play?

Sounds like the ship is beginning to sink. Maybe it's time to go out and throw a few million good dollars away on a Richie Sexson or Sidney Ponson signing....

Comment

The biggest problem has been Arod and Cano in May. Texiera's numbers are fine, down a little but nothing that a couple of balls falling in would correct. Arod and Cano has 26 combined extra base hits in April and were a little above their expected number but but have sub .600 OPS (subb .200 ba) for May and have a 3 combined extra base hits. They are on pace for the worst month of atleast the last few years for each of them. Throw in a lot of at bats for Posada and Swisher only hitting .220 and worse this month too it's too much for the rest of the lineup to overcome.

The difference last night really boiled down to 2 at bats for Varitek that turned the game. CC walked him on 4 pitches to set up Ellsbury to drive in the first 2 runs and a close call for ball 2 (that could have been strike 3) before he kept the rally going with a single. Those are the plays the Yankees aren't getting to drive in runs. To me it feels like the flood gates are going to open when a few more guys get hitting. Because even with all of their problems they are still getting a ton of guys on base.

That being said I don't like them vs Lester tonight. He has dominated them in the past and I don't know how Garcia is going to combat the Sox lineup. He can't dominate any of the hitters with his fastball like CC, it could be a long night if it doesn't get washed out.
              MLB
              May
              Overall 43-43 +5.5 Units
              Sides 19-22 -0.0 Units
              Total 24-21 +5.5 Units

April
              Overall 61-44 +47.1 Units
              Sides 28-28 +4.0 Units
              Totals 33-16 +43.1 Units

Comment

Working...
              X