Monday

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monday

Ready for a rebound week after a nice 5-0 Sunday.

NYY/TB Under 8 2 Units

Both teams are scuffling for runs and with these two managers that can lead to giving up outs. Both pitchers have solid track records against the opposing lineups and have dominated several of the guys. I don't think this is the series that Cano and Arod wake up (see, Wednesday through Sunday, Guthrie, Bergesen, Capuano, Pelphrey and Niese). In 3 weeks when Boston comes back to NY it will be to face the first place Yankees. I think this team needs a road trip to get away from the pressures of home and their 10 day west coast trip won't hurt either since their pitchers should look good the whole trip against those woeful offenses. NYY's offensive problems really come down to Cano and Arod being so brutal after fantastic April's. It isn't age, it's just a couple of slumps. The sky isn't falling. It's kind of dumb now that everytime an aging player struggles a little the media wants to jump on it that they are done since they don't have PED's and it's a young man's game. With this 24 hour news cycle and constant access everything gets blown out of proportion. I will be playing the Yankees on the RL on each game Wed-Sunday.

Toronto/Detroit Under 8 3 Units

Big ballpark and not the meat grinder again for Drabek. He has been making adjustments just not the easiest lineups to do that against (NYY, TB, Bos last 3). Tigers are playing good ball but this is a quality bullpen behind Drabek and I like a low scoring 3-2 type game with two power pitchers and power offenses. Molina should be starting for Toronto and that helps ERA and puts another out in the lineup.

Baltimore First 5 +150 3 Units

Tillman has good stuff he just needs to locate and I'll always take the chance to fade Dice-K. Baltimore also plays Boston very tough (unlike how they play NYY) and won 9 of 17 last year as dogs and won 2 of 3 this year as dogs. I find it amusing that Boston has lost 11 of 20 and been favored in every game over 2 years vs Baltimore. The shortest line was Bucholz -125 at Balt earlier this year. I don't want any business with the O's pen and I have some concern that it could come into play early for both teams with rain in the forecast. If Tillman gets me 3 or 4 innings I like the value.

Cle/KC Over 8' 4 Units

Kyle Davies. Kyle Davies off 2 good starts. I will continue to go to the well till I get back some winners on Davies. Tomlin also smoke and mirrors IMO. He's due for to get lit soon.

glta
    MLB
    May
    Overall 43-43 +5.5 Units
    Sides 19-22 -0.0 Units
    Total 24-21 +5.5 Units

April
    Overall 61-44 +47.1 Units
    Sides 28-28 +4.0 Units
    Totals 33-16 +43.1 Units
Working...
X