The Yankees and ESPN

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Yankees and ESPN

I only thought about this because I live in Central Jersey and tonight I got home from work popped the TV to ESPN and hopped in the shower. Well, when I come out the TV screen is still gray, and I'm like "Hmm, what is blacked out?". Of course, there's no need to ask myself that question because I should know by now that it's got to be the Yankees because the Yankees are ALWAYS on ESPN (Mondays and/or Wednesday nights).

So, here's my question... Does anyone know how many times the Yankees have been on ESPN Weekday Baseball broadcast (not including Opening Day) and how many total games there have been?

I'm guessing the Yankees alone have been on over 50% of those games.

I am sick of it also. I live in PA, get the YES network and cancelled my extra innings package this year. I would like to see some different teams on. Sick of getting the Yankees and then having them blacked out.
    NCAAF: 50-39-5 (+6.35 units)
    NFL: 36-35-6 (-2.00 units)
    NHL: 4-8-0 (-2.80 units)
    NCAAB: 7-4 (+1.75 units)

Comment

Yea Dookie GM, I can't remember the last time I saw two out of towns teams play on ESPN. It's ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by CuseFan10 View Post
        Yea Dookie GM, I can't remember the last time I saw two out of towns teams play on ESPN. It's ridiculous.
        Anyway, another point I want to make is I think the blackout rule is the stupidest thing in the world. First of all I dont have cable, I have directv. So the channel that most of the Phillies games are on, isnt even on the dish. So last year I get the extra innings package to watch them because that is when I switched to the dish. Well they blacked them all out and I only saw a few select Phils games on channels like SNY, YES, WGN, and a local station.

Basically they are saying to you, get rid of the dish and get cable back. Something has to be done about the blackout rule.
        NCAAF: 50-39-5 (+6.35 units)
        NFL: 36-35-6 (-2.00 units)
        NHL: 4-8-0 (-2.80 units)
        NCAAB: 7-4 (+1.75 units)

Comment

What really pissed me off was when the WSox were supposed to be on ESPN earlier this year but it was blacked out in my area (southern border of Wisconsin) and on FSN North I got the Brew-Cub game and on CSN I got Brew-Cubs.

This was also when the Bulls were playing so it messed everything up.. The Sox were on something like CSN++ (comcast sports net plus plus)..
          Overall Records

Each play is to win the # of units posted unless it's a dog then I'm betting that amount.

Comment

Working...
          X