JML "nice day for a ballgame" Friday >>>

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JML "nice day for a ballgame" Friday >>>

Nice warm sunny day here today, so I'm getting off work early and heading downtown to hit Gretzky's bar across the street from Skydome and then on to the Jays game. Hopefully I bring them some luck. What a brutal stretch of injuries. Lost leftfielder/leadoff hitter, 3rd baseman/#5 hitter, #3 starter, catcher, setup guy, and now BJ Ryan for the year. Sucks balls. I'm wearing my Halladay jersey to work today cause I'm heading straight there, so I'm getting some ribbing after his last two starts...what a shocker...anyway...

Marlins -110 (Olsen) vs Nats - 3 Units
    Any time I can get close to a pick'em against the Nats or Royals, I'll take it. The fish are one of the best hitting clubs in the NL, and of course the Nats are dead last by a country mile. Pitching match-up seems to be a draw with Olsen pitching well after a slow start. No reason to take the Nats at anything lower than +150, so this is an easy side for me.

Cubs/Phillies UNDER 8.5 -105 (Hill/Hamels) - 1 Unit
    Tough to pick a side in this one, with 2 tough young lefties facing off, so I'll go with the under as both teams do not hit lefties as well as righties....and we got two of the best lefties here.

Jays -127 (Burnett) vs Drays - 2 Units
    Two struggling teams on losing streaks...I'm heading to this game, so i have to back the Jays...and I think I'd be on it anyway with Burnett pitching at home...he's been on, and the Jays bats have to come alive. Don't they?

Dbacks -118 (Webb) vs Astros - 2 Units
    Better team, better pitcher (although inconsistant this year).

White Sox RL +115 (Garland) vs Royals (Perez) - 2 Units
    Weekly fade of Odalis....until he's cut in July or until I have enough cash to buy a boat, I will fade him every game...he's always good for 4/5 runs per start, and add that to the terrible Royals bullpen...it's a play every start. White Sox won't need 17, but 12 will do.

Indians -124 (Sabathia) vs A's - 2 Units
    Oakland unbelievably scored 17 runs yesterday (alhtough it was against KC), and this A's team does not usually score 3...so you have to think the well is dry, especially against CC.

Yankees -116 (Rasner) vs Mariners - 3 Units
    I believe this is my first play backing the Yanks all year...I've hit a couple fades against inflated Yankee lines, but never backed them...until this spot...coming off a 14-2 blowout, and on a very low number facing a decent but average team. Yanks also crush lefthanded pitching.

Padres (5 innings) -1/2, -135 (Peavy) vs Cards - 2 Units
    Jake has had no-hit stuff all year, and Wells has been ****, so I gotta believe that the Pads will at least have a 1-0 lead after 5 in this one. Seems like better value than eating all that chalk on the ML.

Lots of units on the board today....this day can't go fast enough...looking forward to tonight...GL everyone...

:beerbang:
    Last edited by JohnnyMapleLeaf; 05-11-2007, 10:46 AM.

GL jml

A lot of that looks good...:thumbs:
    Baseball stuff...

Data from USA today matchups...

Team name....[W/L]...Score...Whip...ERA....BP....AF....IP....P&BP....DIFF..

P&BP is pitchers & Bull pen score. DIFF is differential value O'all & L3..[New data]..Higher value is indicative of better performance...

Comment

I might be going to the game, havent decided yet, if I go I will back Devil Rays, if not I will just pass.....one of the worst feelings is backing your team when you see them only to lose....last time I was at a jays game a couple weeks ago, backed the Rangers to win 1100...won it in the presence of obnoxious jays fans...felt great!
      Record since my ban was lifted October 15 2008

NCAAFB 20 - 11
      NFL 21 - 6 - 2 :thumbs:
      NHL 7 - 9
      SOCCER 1 - 4 <---this will improve
      MLB 1 - 1
      NBA 7 - 5
      NCAABB1 - 0

Comment

go get em JML!
        :bang: 1 unit = 100 CAD

NCAAF
        14-19 -1115

NFL
        4-4 -260

MLB Playoffs
        1-1 0

NHL
        3-5 -175

Comment

like your card, gl, enjoy the game hope they pull one out for you, they have to win one of these days:blackeye:

MLB 24-13 :thumbs:

Comment

Originally posted by Personified View Post
            I might be going to the game, havent decided yet, if I go I will back Devil Rays, if not I will just pass.....one of the worst feelings is backing your team when you see them only to lose....last time I was at a jays game a couple weeks ago, backed the Rangers to win 1100...won it in the presence of obnoxious jays fans...felt great!
            :dunno:

LOL...don't undertsand that at all...

Gl Personified...

Comment

and the news keeps on getting worse for your jays...

Doc out for 4-6 weeks, explains the couple brutal outings. Gl today

Comment

Working...
              X