2012 MLB Futures discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2012 MLB Futures discussion

Ahhh Spring Training is in the air. I'm super-stoked here. Let's take a look at some division futures:

Detroit -1800
    Cleveland +1800
    Chicago +1800
    Minnesota +1800
    Kansas City +2000

This is on BetUS right now and it seems a bit hokey. I'm assuming the addition of Fielder to the Tigers puts them that way. But in a divison that has traditionally been anyone's, you have to think value with the other four teams. But which one? Cleveland hasn't improved this season. They added Derek Lowe, Felix Pie, Ryan Spilborghs, Kevin Slowey, but most likely lose Fausto Carmona (Roberto Hernandez Heredia) for how long? Chicago loses Ozzie Guillen, Mark Buehrle, Sergio Santos, Carlos Quentin, Jason Frasor, but add Robin Ventura as manager and as soon as they shed the contracts of Alex Rios, Adam Dunn, and Jake Peavy, maybe they can start rebuilding. Kansas City showed flashes last year, and have most of their young core back and added Jonathan Sanchez, Jonathan Broxton, and Jose Mijares, but likely will have another season of ups and downs with that young team. Finally we have the Twins, where their really never out of it (save last year) when healthy. Back will be Joe Mauer and Denard Span, but who knows about Justin Morneau. The Twins lost Kevin Slowey, Michael Cuddyer, Jason Kubel, and Joe Nathan - the latter three guys who were club-house positives and great for the Twins community. They add Jamey Carroll, Josh Willingham, Ryan Doumit, and even take a flier on Jason Marquis and Joel Zumaya. I think Minnesota might be the value here in this division.

Anyone have any thoughts?
    NFL 17: 45-47-2 // 48.91% // -10.12
    MMA: 247-332-2 // 42.66% // -6.04
    MLB 17: 151-140-8 // 51.89% // +5.65 ROR // +42.13
    NCAAF 17: 63-49-2 // 56.25% // +6.80
    Updated on 01/13/18
    ---
    One of my 2018 resolutions: no more action gambling.

imho, prince fielder may is massively over rated, and will turn out to be a slightly above average player making hall of famer money. time will tell.

i think at +1800 (+2000 for kc), there's tremendous value on ANYONE other than Detroit to win that division. We all know how these free agent signings (and the subsequent public over reaction to them) often work....

Detroit may very will win the division, BUT, with a 162 game season where ANYTHING can happen, it's absolutely ludicrous to pay -1800 for ANYONE to win ANY division.

zumaya though? lol. that guy hasn't pitched since like 2009

143 mph fastball, but throws about 3 innings a year till his arm gives out. I think heard he's already out for the season this year (seriously, lol), but i'm not 100% sure...

in any case, i am also super stoked about baseball being just around the corner :beerbang:

Comment

At those odds its almost worth it to bet all 4 of them and than go to a voodoo witch and see if u can work a deal to get verlander sidelined for the year! :beerbang:
      NCAAF YTD
      Overall

67-46-2 +41.08 units

Comment

Working...
      X