Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MLB Sat 6/2

ytd 213-220 (+1.83 units)

Just a brutal day yesterday. Can't believe I laid -215 for the pathetic Padres. You'd think when the best statistical pitcher pitches against one of the lowest scoring offenses in all of baseball in a pitchers park....ah nevermind. Stupid move.

Starting with an early game today:

Jays +115

2 units

Just because the White Sux finally won like once in 6 games, doesn't make them deserving of being a road fave @ Toronto....although the public seems to believe so. Wrong fave here from where I stand.

More later....

Atlanta Braves +120

2 units

Almost missed this one. Thought it was a later game. Cubs still suck vs LHP, although they've improved a little. Though Chuck James is nothing to really speak of, the Cubs will probably find a way to lose again, even if Hill does pitch well. Maybe more guys will start fighting. What a mess the Flubs are.

Comment

GL...today Stifler

Comment

NY Yankees +134

Generous line IMO because of how bad the Yankees have played as compared to their high expectations (and payroll). They're sure as hell not a sub .500 team when it comes right down to it though, and if they're gonna play well, it will be against Boston. Nothing to say the Yanks should be a solid winner, but then again, I really see nothing to say Boston should be almost -150 either. Yanks need to win these head to head matchups with Boston to save any face at all, and I'm hoping they play like it today.

Houston *******s -135

Kip Wells sucks. Seriously. So do the Astros, but even a bad MLB offense should be able to hit Wells more often than not. Sampson's far better, and it's not like the Cards are tearing it up this year either, so I'm playing strictly on the pitching match up here, which on the surface is a complete mismatch.

SF Giants +160

Like I said 2 days ago, SF seems to keep being able to score on LHP. The Phils seem to be a mess right now. Hamels or otherwise, I can't see how this isn't a super value on SF.

San Diego Padres -167

Tried SD last night and it blew up on me, but tonight the matchups is even more favorable on paper with Washington starting a far worse SP, and the line is lower because SD's SP is not named Peavy, even though Germano has been just as good so far, so giving them a shot again. Probably a foolish move with this offense though, lol.

Colorado Rockies -162

The Reds stink, and really stink vs LHP. Kyle Lohse stinks as well. Not digging all these -150 and -160 lines, but this is a whole lot of stink vs a hot LHP in Francis that should be able to hold the Reds in check, while I believe Lohse's chances of doing the same to Colorado are far less.

LA Angels -160

Another -160....except this opened in the -120's and got pounded by what I would have to assume was sharp money. The public doesn't move the line almost 40 cents. Following the suspected sharp money with one of the best teams in baseball vs one that was hot, but isn't really as good as advertised.

Oakland A's -138

Another situation where I'm playing the starting pitching matchup. Everything on paper says a big pitching advantage lies with the A's here, and I have no reason to disagree. I don't feel like typing it all out, but see filmmkrz thread if you haven't already. He summed it up pretty well.

2 units each

Comment

Working...
        X