Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow

Cool story brewing in AAA.

Former Cards pitcher Rick Ankiel, the guy that couldnt get the ball over the plate has made a comeback as an everyday player.

He has 19 homers and 52 RBI in triple A.

Amazing!

I read that yesterday I cant believe while he's doing that they continue to stick with the jobbers they have in their day to day line up. At the very least he should be a bat off the bench. If Spezio is there Ankiel sure as hell deserves to be.

Comment

I wondered where he was?? I don't pay much attention to the minors but I did watch him last year in A ball here in my hometown and he was streaky and had a gun from the outfield.

I'd get rid of Edmunds myself and let these young guys patrol the outfield. Don;t knock Spezio--hes been a solid bench guy as well.

Comment

Cool.....that's gotta be good for his psyche! GL Ricky and I hope ya makes it back to the bigs....:beerbang:
        Batman: "If you can't spend it, money's just a lot of worthless paper, isn't it?" :phew:

Comment

We had Spezio here in Seattle so I've earned the right to knock him lol. I haven't followed him much in STL so maybe he's earning his keep a bit more

Comment

Woody, you're in Bettendorf, right?

Saw Ankiel hit one in the Mississippi River while re-habbing here in the Quad Cities two years ago. Blew out a knee or something like that last season and missed the whole year. Thought he was done, but I guess not.

A pic looking in from right field from the river, if yer interested.

http://www.swingbaseball.com/gallery/jod/

Comment

Spezio is ok in the field but his bat is horrid. He's a poor man's Jeff Cirillo at best!

I had to sit through his play at Safeco a few times myself Flmm. Brutal. It seems like the M's always have a guy like that around (Bloomquist is this year's version)

Losing Dobbs to Philly was a mistake as well. Dude can hit.

Comment

Ankiel is out of options and the Cards don't want to bring him up until they know that he's going to stick..
                "A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives" Jackie Robinson

Comment

Yep, bettendorf. Thats where I saw him. I bet he pulled some tail around here too.

No spezio is Ok, not an all-star by any means--Guess hes just more of a crowd fav in st.louie.

I thnk the Cards will see if they are still playing under .500 ball and need to attract some fans by the end of the year b/c they suck so bad. In my opinion they need to get rid of the vets like Edmonds amd Rolen who have taken it easy this year b/c they won the owrld series last year. Now I kind of know why teams reshuffle after championship years sometimes.

Plus the pitching staff is a bunch of no-names without Carpenter and our on free-agent pick-up, Kip Wells, leads the league in losses!

:bang:

Comment

Working...
                  X