MLB Friday + Series Bet

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MLB Friday + Series Bet

I get my pathetic YTD later. Congrats all that faded my Pirates play last night.

Series Bet

Detroit Tigers(-105)

1 unit

Yes I am going against my bread and butter. Those Atlanta Braves. Davies and James pitching Saturday and Sunday. They will get served. How in the world can they favor Atlanta over Detroit in this series? Unbelievable.

bettin against your boys.... bad idea :nono:
    “A goal is a dream with a deadline.”

--

Daddy's Posted Records (Updated on 9.10.07 @ 11:00 PM PST)
    1 Unit = $25

NCAAF >> (3-5-0) -$62.50

NFL >> (4-3-0) +$61.75

2007 FOOTBALL = -$0.75

Comment

Originally posted by Daddy Diego View Post
      bettin against your boys.... bad idea :nono:
      Why?

I'm thinking of fading the Jays in a series bet as well. Fulton got me thinking series plays....and with the Jays facing the hot Rockies with 3 starters named Towers, Taubenhiem & McGowan....I don't like there chances...

Comment

Heart vs. Brain Discussion

so i got tickets too the first game. i already bet tigers....does anyone not bet against there favorite team if they are attending? Its pretty hard too root against Atlanta for me, although I just don't understand Vegas sometimes and there point spreads. Detroit is full of all stars and if you hadn't notice there my only constant winner on here.
        Last edited by FultonStreetBlues; 06-22-2007, 04:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnyMapleLeaf View Post
          Why?

I'm thinking of fading the Jays in a series bet as well. Fulton got me thinking series plays....and with the Jays facing the hot Rockies with 3 starters named Towers, Taubenhiem & McGowan....I don't like there chances...
          I've seen a few good cappers on Jays tonight, but for the Series Colorado could easily comeback. GL if you take Rockies.

Comment

In a "new york minute"! cash in hand feels so much better than, woohoo my team won! GL FSB:beerbang:

Comment

but what about the rooting? my main reason for liking roit is the price. im not gonna sit at turner field and cheer for roit though. its brings my question up, when do you stop rooting for your team?

Comment

its a "win-win" situation, root for your team, if they win, then woo-hoo:beerbang: and if they lose: $$$$

Comment

Originally posted by homedawg View Post
                  its a "win-win" situation, root for your team, if they win, then woo-hoo:beerbang: and if they lose: $$$$
                  perhaps i know ive asked you this before

who do you root for hd?

and are you on tigers...im headed out the door gl cappers

tigers ml(+135) played in am

1 unit

Comment

if you watch the game

check out behind the braves dugout... have braves hat and braves jersey...blue....go braves but go $$$.

me running on the field(+1000)

14 beers

hopefully the under hits **** 14 beers at turner field is 98 dollars better smuggle in some whiskey
                    Last edited by FultonStreetBlues; 06-22-2007, 04:53 PM.

Comment

I admit, there's times where I feel strongly about the A's losing, but I never could pull the trigger against the green and gold. They go on and lose the wild card or division title by 1/2 a game. I'd probably go run into traffic. I know good cappers don't play favorites, but take a look at my records below and you'll see why I never bet against the A's. They are my #1 most profitable team every year.

-FYI - my swisher sweets are my daily A's bet. Usually, but not always a ML or RL, maybe a total, but I have never bet against them.
                      “A goal is a dream with a deadline.”

--

Daddy's Posted Records (Updated on 9.10.07 @ 11:00 PM PST)
                      1 Unit = $25

NCAAF >> (3-5-0) -$62.50

NFL >> (4-3-0) +$61.75

2007 FOOTBALL = -$0.75

Comment

Originally posted by FultonStreetBlues View Post
                        perhaps i know ive asked you this before

who do you root for hd?

These Guys:

Comment

There are times where the fave is clearly the correct choice, and good cappers certainly take advantage of those times when they see them, although IMO dogs are normally the way to go more times than not. The problem with betting faves is when people are willing to lay any price (or points) to get a fave, and they put themselves in a situation where the odds of that team winning (or covering) is no longer profitable....or when they bet on faves who shouldn't even be favored, but are only because of public perception, and put themselves into a losing scrnario right off the bat.

I gotta agree with HD too....all I really root for is the $$$, although there are times where I do admit i will root for a certain team because i want them to win...although in those cases I will normally not place a wager on the game then since I am afraid my judgement would be clouded, unless I think the line is REAL bad. Although, I will bet on or against one of my "favorite teams" without hesitation if i feel the line is right.

I would imagine Atlanta is favored to win the series because they are favored to win tonight with Smoltz vs the uncertainty of Rogers and the horrid Tigers bullpen, and then all the Braves gotta do is take 1 of 2 this weekend, where as Detroit would have to sweep both games, IF Atlanta wins tonight. Plus they are at home, and even though many ignore it, there is a home field advantage in MLB, just like in any other sport. Admittedly not as much as in say college hoops or something, but still there.

Personally, I'd rather take my chances on Detroit tonight at +130ish than on the series price of -105, just because I think if they lose tonight, that they have far less than a -105 chance of sweeping the last 2 games, and the odds are better for them to just win the one game tonight, currently in the +125 to +130 range.

Just how i'd see it.

Comment

Working...
                          X