Feel free to chime in

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feel free to chime in

Ned Youst puts Villanueva in the 7th inning. He gets the first two outs easily. He then proceeds to walk the next 3 batters, then throws a wild pitch to give up the lead 4-4. Ned Youst stays w/ him, for what reason I have no idea. Villanueva then proceeds to give up a single to basically blow the game. Now I am no expert but shouldn't have Youst taken him out after the 3rd walk or at least after the wild pitch? Please feel free to chime in, would love to hear some of your thoughts, especially people who were on the Brew's side.

Excuse me he proceeded to walk another batter after the wild pitch, so 4 back to back walks, yet he still leaves him in.

Comment

well i'm on the brew crew, but at the very least the cubs gain a game on them.

:beer2: :beer2: :beer2: <- times infinity
      2009 NCAA Football
      Record: 41-38-1
      +/- Units: +1.69

2009 NFL Football
      Record: 11-14-0
      +/- Units: -2.71

2009-10 NBA Basketball
      Record: 15-15-2
      +/- Units: -0.68

All favorites to win 1 unit, all dogs to win 1 unit, unless otherwise noted!

<-- look at him go!

Comment

Yeah I'm not to happy about that either...Nice managing...

Comment

It's really frustrating as well watching this game on tv due to the fact the camera's keep panning on Youst and Maddox smiling and laughing it up in the dugout. It's just a shame they had to give a game away to the worst team in the league.

Comment

No, I think you guys are wrong. Villanueva has been incredible this year and hasn't had an outing like this in a long time. You have to let him try to work his way out of the jam he built. He's the best you have in the bullpen in that situation, so why would you want anyone else out there. One bad wild pitch and a broken bat single are the only reason they weren't up 5-4 after that inning. I don't think you can blame anyone for that, especially Yost.

Comment

Working...
            X