Retirement

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Retirement

Hi guys .I would like some advice.I am 35 years old and I like to start thinking about the future for retirement.What direction should I go for a novice about retirement.I have been doing research on Govt I bonds.What else is out there to start out with.Just a couple of tips or ideas would be great.Thanks Guys

Some stocks that are very stable would be a nice addition to any portfolio, but especially one that is directed at retirement. some corporate bonds are good as well. Gov't ones are great too. Companies like GE are so solid you almost have to have them in your Portfolio. Kind of a bad time to buy them right now, but they are a must in the portfolio. JNJ is one i would have in there. Microsoft maybe. Let me know or any one else know if you want more details.

Comment

Evil,

Your on the right track bro. Way to think man. Dont let yourself get old and not have a pot to piss in.

I like to diversify. This basically means cover some real GOOD solid companies in a bunch of different industries. Another way to do this is to buy mutual funds, but I personally find it more fun to buy stocks and make my own mutual fund.

My advice echoes JDaws, go after good solid stocks. Dont chase **** that seems risky or that isnt mega solid.

GE
      KO
      MO
      JNJ
      PG
      PEP
      WMT
      MCD
      HNZ

are some good starters. My stock guy who I dont really use for opinions but who I have my sep ira through since i dont wanna mess with the rules/laws etc says it best...

LOOK AROUND AND SEE WHAT PEOPLE ARE USING. GO IN YOUR HOUSE AND SEE WHAT YOU HAVE. Invest in companies that you yourself use. Its a nice though at least. So what did I do?

While sitting at a mariner game. Im sucking down a budweiser. I look up, theres a huge bud sign. The guy next to me orders a bud.

The next day I get online at etrade and buy some shares of BUD. ;)

Comment

Working...
      X