How bout Dale Jr driving the #5 car?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How bout Dale Jr driving the #5 car?

I guess after Kyle wrecked Dale Jr Kyle just up and left the speedway. After Hendrick Motorsports repaired the car they could not find him to get back in the car and then knew they could pick up one spot. The asked, OF ALL PEOPLE, the guy they just wrecked Dale Jr if he would drive it for 10 laps so they could pass Jimmie Johnson.

Dale Jr does it!

Wow....Dale Jr in a Hendrick car.....strange stuff.
    If it ain't fun, don't do it!

Whats even stranger, he helps someone 7th in the points whilst he's 18th. I wonder how much those three point were worth to Hendrick.
    If its fun, do it

Comment

Originally posted by yomonte View Post
      Whats even stranger, he helps someone 7th in the points whilst he's 18th. I wonder how much those three point were worth to Hendrick.
      Yo I was thinking the same thing. why help someone you are racing for points.:nuts:
      NFL 0-0 +0.00units

NCAAF 8-10 -9.20units

Comment

Kyle gained those 3 points at the expense of Jimmie Johnson...
        Maybe JR just did it to cost JJ 3 points...not really gain Kyle 3....

Still not really sure.....

It did not chagne JR's points.....both Kyle and JJ finished behind him.
        that would be crazy though if Kyle finished like 2 points ahead of JR for 12th place in the points standings.....
        If it ain't fun, don't do it!

Comment

I was listening to it on MRN radio and those guys where joking and making it a scandle. They said watch this lets start some stuff. JR is in the 5 car to show Teresa he means business and for her sigh his new contract or Hentrick will sign him. LMAO. I just know Snowman would die if JR when to his favorite team. LOL
          NFL 2-0. Week 1
          Nfl 2-2week 2

Comment

LMAO SOMEBODY ELSE AINT TO HAPPY. Ahhhhhhhhhhhh poor thing. LOL

Earnhardt Jr drives for Hendrick - Jeff Gordon's not happy
            Dale Earnhardt Jr drove the #5 Hendick Motorsports Chevrolet to the finish of the Samsung 500 at Texas Motor Speedway Sunday. No, I don't believe that this was a negotiating ploy by the Earnhardt siblings designed to pressure Theresa E into a new contract. I'm not really sure what it was.

First, Junior gets caught up in the second Tony Stewart spin of the day. There was an earlier spin that Tony very vocally blamed on rookie Juan Pablo Montoya. I watched a lot of video on this. I agree with Boris Said.

Boris said "this was just a racing deal. Tony has to realize that Montoya was one of the most aggressive formula one drivers I've ever seen. He is going to race to win. He won't back down."

He didn't. Jimmy Johnson got caught up in this spin.

Back to Junior, who now was in second place and contending for a needed win. Blinded by the smoke from Smoke's second spin - this time it was those damn, aggressive, rookie tires, or something - Dale checked up and was tail-ended hard by Kyle Busch, in the #5. It looked like both cars were toast.

Surprisingly, a tantrum ensued. Kyle Busch has left the racetrack. The thing is, the number 5 was still breathing.

Enter THE MOST POPULAR DRIVER IN NASCAR. Did you see the way people went absolutely crazy when he passed Jeff Gordon for the lead midway through the race? The number five hasn't been as loved by fans since Texas Terry Labonte climbed out, as it was today when Dale Jr climbed in and drove a few laps.

Earnhardt didn't need to volunteer to drive that car. He and his team had seen a promising day go south and many of his fellow drivers would have pulled a Busch. Or a Tony. Junior, instead, helped another team, whose driver had split. He earned the team 3 extra points, too.

After the race, Hendrick crown prince, Jeff Gordon was less than happy saying that maybe letting a competitor drive one of the Hendrick mounts was akin to aiding and abetting the enemy.

I think Gordon, somehow, heard those cheers for Junior while he was being passed. And he probably realizes that, nice as he is, Dale Earnhardt Jr, given the ride, will give him all he can handle.
            NFL 2-0. Week 1
            Nfl 2-2week 2

Comment

Working...
            X