Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My portfolio

Here is what I'm holding right now:

Sears Holdings (SHLD) - CEO Eddie Lampert is turning Sears into a hedge fund of sorts, its not a play on retail but the ability of Lampert to turn profit. Maybe an infantile Berkshire Hathaway?

Bank of America (BAC)- Good time to buy the biggest bank in the US given the housing woes. Its been beat down, but you can always hang your hat on its' healthy dividend.

General Electric (GE) - An anchor to a portfolio, a huge conglomerate which can weather the storm. Not an attractive pick, but one to build around and hold a long time. Decent yield.

Altria (MO) - The tobacco giant recently spun off its stake in Kraft Foods. It continues to saturate the overseas markets and the bottom line is that people continue to smoke and smoke. Another high-yield stock.

News Corp. (NWS) - Rupert Murdoch's company has its hat in everything related to media, including myspace.

Freeport McMoran (FCX) - Gold and copper mining company with P/E under 10, decent dividend and good growth. As long as copper is at a premium, this should flourish.

Vanguard Emerging Markets ETF (VWO) - An easy way to diversify your portfolio with exposure in Brazil, Russia, India, China, etc.

Dendreon (DNDN) - Engineering a prostate cancer drug called Provenge which will receive an FDA decision by May 15. Bought in at $4.50 and it spiked to $20+ after getting FDA panel recommendation. Sold at $20 for a 300%+ gain, bought back in at $15 and am waiting on the ultimate FDA decision. If approved, this drug is HUGE and will generate $1 billion a year in sales. Many believe this could hit upwards of $100 a share in the near future if everything goes smoothly. If rejected by the FDA, it will drop to a buck or two. High risk, high reward.

On2 Technologies (ONT) - Micro cap stock at $2 and change which compresses online video (codec). Analysts have it rated very well.
    2010 CFB: 39-33-0 (ATS)
    2010-2011 CBB: 26-24-0 (ATS)

gotta love those ETFs...low costs to own them and they trade like stocks if you want to move in and out of your positions.

I own VWO as well as VV and VBR from Vanguard and IWC, IWS and EFA from Ishares to have exposure to established markets in Europe, Asia and the Far East in EFA and mid and micro-cap exposure in the IWC and IWS funds. And by owning VBR and VV I have exposure to small and large-cap companies, respectively.

Comment

Working...
    X