Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Futures Scoring Title Prop Question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    I also think Paul Pierce may win the scoring title. I haven't seen him mentioned yet. With Ray and KG already bickering at each other, Pierce may be the leader that ends up holding the team down and getting the ball in the crunch-time.
    So back during college basketball season my buddy Shecky tells me hes got this system. He says its an absolute lock when you have this combination: Big East team, on the road, given less than 6 points with a white point guard. ---Artie Lange in Beer League

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by BlazerAndy View Post
      I also think Paul Pierce may win the scoring title. I haven't seen him mentioned yet. With Ray and KG already bickering at each other, Pierce may be the leader that ends up holding the team down and getting the ball in the crunch-time.
      ?

      Wouldn't his points average go way DOWN with the team adding two more prime scoring options? He was a one man show for so long, you'd expect his average to go down 4-5 PPG, IMO.

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by JohnnyMapleLeaf View Post
        ?

        Wouldn't his points average go way DOWN with the team adding two more prime scoring options? He was a one man show for so long, you'd expect his average to go down 4-5 PPG, IMO.
        Exactly, to consider Paul Pierce when he has Ray Alleen chucking 20 shots a game and KG there as well, is pretty much a waste of money IMHO.

        As for the Rockets, Adelman's whole system revolves around moving the ball and sharing it. Me-Mac is not a sharer and I think will be in Adelman's doghouse rather quickly. People forget Ming averaged 25ppg last season too and I think he's in line for an MVP type season if he's healthy. McGrady is not the centerpiece of that team anymore. Culturally in America he may be, but in terms of basketball he simply is not - Yao is.

        I sort of agree Michael Redd could go off but he is so one dimensional and has a history of injuries as well. One two week shooting slump and he has no chance to score 30ppg, IMHO.

        The only legit threats to the scoring title IMHO other than Kobe and Gilbert are LeBron and Melo. Wade is injured, McGrady's back ain't holding up anyway, Redd is one dimensional (plus he has no spider-man tattoos), etc etc etc...

        Comment


        • #19
          The assists title is now Nash vs the world. They must've gotten HAMMERED with Nash bets.

          Nash 5-6
          Field 5-6

          Glad I got mine in.... :boom:

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by CuseFan10 View Post
            The assists title is now Nash vs the world. They must've gotten HAMMERED with Nash bets.

            Nash 5-6
            Field 5-6

            Glad I got mine in.... :boom:
            wow...nice..

            Comment


            • #21
              what about jason kidd or darren williams this year...

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by DevilsAdvokt View Post
                what about jason kidd or darren williams this year...
                jason is "just" a walking triple double, I don't think he sets out to achieve every assist possible, but off the top of my head I don't remember if he's ever won the assist title.

                as for his teammates, VC and RJ are not in the same stratosphere as Amare, Marion, and Barbosa, not to mention Bell in terms of teammates who make shots for you off your assist attempt.

                IMO Chris Paul and Deron Williams would threaten, if not overtake Nash if Nash has an off-year or gets injured
                :hide:

                "Schooly D is fat cake yo."
                -Big Pimpin-

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by Q-Unit View Post
                  IMO Chris Paul and Deron Williams would threaten, if not overtake Nash if Nash has an off-year or gets injured
                  Chris Paul is a damn solid pg, he's gonna win me some loot this season :boom:
                  Champagne for my real friends, real pain for my sham friends...

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    They can all be good PG's but none of them pass like Nash or control the game like he does (except maybe Kidd, but he's hurt).

                    Also, Kidd won 5 assists titles in 6 years before Nash won the last three. The year he didn't win, Andre Miller won (and I think Kidd was hurt that year).

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by CuseFan10 View Post

                      Also, Kidd won 5 assists titles in 6 years before Nash won the last three. The year he didn't win, Andre Miller won (and I think Kidd was hurt that year).
                      k. thats what i was wondering. in that case, i still wouldnt consider kidd cuz his supporting cast isnt the same as nash's and he's hurt. but nash isnt exactly a spring chicken either.

                      I would still take a shot (value mostly) at Paul or Williams. you never know!
                      :hide:

                      "Schooly D is fat cake yo."
                      -Big Pimpin-

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X