Season Over/Unders

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Season Over/Unders

I enjoy the futures plays on season win totals in bases and hoops and have done relatively well with them over the last couple years. Thoughts on this year's group???

First number is Vegas Line, while second number is reputable sources predicted win total. I put every other one in bold just so it's easier on the eyes, not for any other reason.

Hawks 38.5/(25)
    Celtics 50.5/(49)
    Bobcats 35.5/(41)
    Bulls 50.5/(51)
    Cavs 49.5/(52.5)
    Mavs 56.5/(56)
    Nuggets 48.5/(42)
    Pistons 50.5/(49)
    Warriors 42.5/(40)
    Pacers 30.5/(30)
    Clipps 30.5/(32)
    Lakers 44.5/(43)
    Grizz 32.5/(34)
    Rockets 53.5/(59)
    Heat 46.5/(42)
    Bucks 35.5/(26)
    TWolves 19.5/(21)
    Nets 43.5/(43)
    Hornets 37.5/(36)
    Knicks 37.5/(31)
    Magic 47.5/(38)
    Sixers 32.5/(28)
    Suns 55.5/(56)
    Blazers OFF
    Kings 34.5/(29)
    Spurs 54.5/(61)
    Sonics 29.5/(29)
    Raptors 41.5/(44)
    Jazz 47.5/(53)
    Wizards 39.5/(48)

I was all set to play the Bobcats total wins over, that is, before May was declared out for the year. Now it looks as if Morrison will join him on the sidelines. That was going to be my team to ride :bang:

My top 3 over the total wins would be Houston, Washington & the Spurs

I like the Celtics team under. Everyone is assuming they'll walk into the playoffs, but they have no bench. Also all it would take is a Ray Allen/Pierce injury & this team will struggle....
    Champagne for my real friends, real pain for my sham friends...

Comment

Originally posted by Underdog88 View Post
      I like the Celtics team under. Everyone is assuming they'll walk into the playoffs, but they have no bench. Also all it would take is a Ray Allen/Pierce injury & this team will struggle....

I agree completely. I don't see any way that team wins 50 games this year. I think they make the playoffs, but in the east that just means 40 wins:laughing:

Comment

Originally posted by Larry View Post
        I agree completely. I don't see any way that team wins 50 games this year. I think they make the playoffs, but in the east that just means 40 wins:laughing:
        Actually, the East is very much improved and, if you go by the Vegas totals, the Celtics (or anyone) will need at least 45-46 wins to make it safely into the playoffs

The Celtics, Pistons, Cavs, Magic, Heat, and Bulls are all predicted to win well over 40 games if healthy and then you also have the Nets and Raptors (At 43.4 and then 41.5 respectively).
        Last edited by CuseFan10; 10-22-2007, 01:34 PM.

Comment

Yeah, I understand the vegas totals but I don't have to agree with them. The east is still garbage:laughing:

Comment

Originally posted by Underdog88 View Post
            My top 3 over the total wins would be Houston, Washington & the Spurs

I like those 3 overs too, Rockets is cake if Ming is healthy. I also like the Raptors over. I agree on the Celtics too. I think they win like 46-47 games, not 51. Ray Allen or Paul Pierce is bound to go down and that team is paper thin. I like the Hawks under too. i think they will be a lot better, but not near .500 better. I'd put the mat 33-34 wins.

I don't know why this source has the Bucks so low at 28 wins? Are they that bad?

Comment

Originally posted by CuseFan10 View Post
              I don't know why this source has the Bucks so low at 28 wins? Are they that bad?

Name someone on their team worth a damn, besides Redd.

Comment

Originally posted by Larry View Post
                Name someone on their team worth a damn, besides Redd.
                DAN GADZURIC!!!!!

:dunno:

Comment

Have to agree with Cuse on the Raptors Over 41.5. The young team got 47 wins last year, and should be even better this year with more experience! Allstar Bosh at forward...one of the best PG tandems in the NBA, and a big year for Bargnani sure to come in a starting role this year. Parker a solid pro. more 3 point shooting with Kapono. They are still in a weak division (Celtics are a farce and overhyped IMO), and I see no reason why they shouldn't at least match last years total, so 41 seems real real low.

Comment

I agree JML. I think Calderon really breaks out this year for the Raptors and Bargnani improves greatly too. Adding Kapono was a great move too, although without Wade and Shaq, he might not be as wide open. Bosh needs to get healthy and STAY healthy.

A bunch of lines moved Up:
                    Hawks up to 39 from 38.5
                    Nuggets up to 49.5 from 48.5
                    Warriors up to 43 from 42.5
                    Grizz up to 33.5 from 32.5
                    Bucks up to 36.5 from 35.5
                    Wolves up to 20.5 from 19.5
                    Hornets up to 38 from 37.5
                    Suns up to 56.5 from 55.5
                    Sonics up to 28 from 27.5
                    Raptors up to 42.5 from 41.5

A bunch of lines moved Down
                    Cavs down to 48.5 from 49.5
                    Lakers down to 42.5 from 44.5 (biggest move- 2)
                    Heat down to 45 from 46.5 (2nd biggest move - 1.5)
                    Knicks down to 36.5 from 37.5
                    Magic down to 46.5 from 47.5
                    Sixers down to 31.5 from 32.5

Comment

At first glance i am liking

Knicks
                      Warriors
                      Wizards
                      Sonics
                      Clippers

all of them to go over the line...

Magic