This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NBA Trade

The Miami Heat traded F Antoine Walker, C Michael Doleac and F Wayne Simien to the Minnesota Timberwolves on Wednesday for former Heat G Ricky Davis and C Mark Blount.

Its offical. The TWolves are the worst team in the NBA. Talk about a team with absolutely no offensive punch. I can already see a few scores in the sixties for them this year.

Just look at that trade from each side....did each GM think that would put them over the edge?

Ricky Davis?
    Antoooone Walker?

:laughing:

Comment

Ricky Davis is very talented player and phenomenal pull for the Heat, IMHO. They need another scorer badly and he can fill it up. Makes them a much bigger force in the East in my eyes if Wade ever gets healthy again. He finally has another guy who score 20ppg on any given night if need be.

As for the TWolves, they have some amazing young talent and are stockpiling draft picks now. I think Jefferson and Brewer will both be stars, and Foye, Telfair, Gomes, Green, and a ton of draft picks in the next 2-3 years.

Nice trade for both I think. Really like Davis on the Heat. Jason Williams/Smush Parker with Wade in back court , plus Davis, Haslem, and Shaq up front and Dorrell Wright and Zo off the bench is nothing to sneeze at (especially in the East).

Comment

Ricky Davis can make them a "force" in the East....please Cuse... he's overrated

But I agree, the Heat got the better of that deal.....Antoine is done IMO

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnyMapleLeaf View Post
          Ricky Davis can make them a "force" in the East....please Cuse... he's overrated
          1- Antonie will never play for TWolves, they wanted him so they can buy him out.

2- Ricky Davis is good. Last year he averages 17ppg, 5apg and shot 46.5% from the field and 84% from the line. Who is that much better than them in the East? I'll take my chances with Wade, Davis, Haslem, and Shaq (in the playoffs) against teams like Cleveland, Detroit, Washington, Chicago, Toronto, and Boston.

Comment

Originally posted by CuseFan10 View Post
            1- Antonie will never play for TWolves, they wanted him so they can buy him out.

2- Ricky Davis is good. Last year he averages 17ppg, 5apg and shot 46.5% from the field and 84% from the line. Who is that much better than them in the East? I'll take my chances with Wade, Davis, Haslem, and Shaq (in the playoffs) against teams like Cleveland, Detroit, Washington, Chicago, Toronto, and Boston.
            Isn't this the NHL forum?
            My mistake.

:laughing:

Comment

Yeah, I heard read this earlier today at work. Was kinda shock about the Wolves trade. Hell, I think Heat got the better end of this trade. I mean, I can care less about both players, but Ricky Davis has more game than Walker. Antoine Walker is a POS player that cries a lot. His fatass needs to go back on the treadmill. Maybe that's the reason why Heat got rid of him because he's too damn over weight. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
              Rowdy Rowdy Red!!!

Comment

Ricky Davis makes the Heat a force in the East:laughing:

Nice one....:thumbs:
                NCAAF: 50-39-5 (+6.35 units)
                NFL: 36-35-6 (-2.00 units)
                NHL: 4-8-0 (-2.80 units)
                NCAAB: 7-4 (+1.75 units)

Comment

Originally posted by GamblinMan03 View Post
                  Ricky Davis makes the Heat a force in the East:laughing:

Nice one....:thumbs:
                  What's so funny?

First of all, when you have Shaq and Dwyane Wade and are only two years removed from winning the NBA Championship, you still are a force in the Eastern Conference. They were the favorite to win the East again last year until their season got derailed by injuries (I guess you conveniently forget that). And on top of all that, name one team in the East that you can say would definitely beat the Heat in a 7 game series if Wade and Shaq and Davis are all healthy.

There isn't one.... Cleveland and Detroit aren't THAT good. I think the Bulls may be the best team in the East, but you can't say they would definitely beat a healthy Heat squad either. Who knows how the Celtics will play together and if those 3 can stay healthy? And the Raptors, Wizards, and Nets are nothing to fear?

Go Redskins!!!! :laughing:

Comment

I have to agree with Cuse here. IMO it all boils down to how healthy Shaq is down the stretch, but how can you say the Heat aren't a force in the East? Ricky Davis is spotty at times, but he's going to be in the East now. IMO he'll average 18 ppg & that's huge on a team where last season besides Wade/Shaq, not one player averaged over 10.9 ppg! You don't think he'll get way more looks? Please Shaq down low, Wade drawing double teams & Ricky getting open lanes....

Personally I think Cleveland could be in trouble this year. Detroit will be good, but they're getting older, & sadly Stuckey just broke his wrist... I was really looking forward to watching him too.
                    Champagne for my real friends, real pain for my sham friends...

Comment

Originally posted by Underdog88 View Post
                      I have to agree with Cuse here.
                      :thumbs:

The guy has averaged well over 18ppg as a starter and his MINIMUM of 17.0 ppg as a full time starter came last season on a terrible team. Now he has Wade and Shaq to draw defenders away from him. He will have a monster year and the Heat win the East if Shaq is healthy, IMHO.

Comment

I just see Davis crying cause Wade and Shaq get all the shots. I still think the Heat win the trade, Walker is nothing imo.

Comment

Cuse, if the Heat are a force in the East, it is because Wade and Shaq and healthy and having great years.

You keep talking and talking like Ricky Davis is adding 17 points a game to the Heat. No buddy, hes not. Who ever else was in the starting lineup for him would probably average right around that. And with Wade on the team, Davis wont get to 17 this year unless Wade is hurt.

A force??? Are you Davis' agent looking to get him more guaranteed money in his next contract?:laughing:

Ricky Davis and force in the same sentence....:jiggy:
                          NCAAF: 50-39-5 (+6.35 units)
                          NFL: 36-35-6 (-2.00 units)
                          NHL: 4-8-0 (-2.80 units)
                          NCAAB: 7-4 (+1.75 units)

Comment

Heats will not win another championship as long as I am still alive. They had one good year when everyone was healthy and Dallas Mavs choked like usual. Shaq only has a few more years left and it's all down hill from there.
                            Rowdy Rowdy Red!!!

Comment

Originally posted by GamblinMan03 View Post
                              Cuse, if the Heat are a force in the East, it is because Wade and Shaq and healthy and having great years.

You keep talking and talking like Ricky Davis is adding 17 points a game to the Heat. No buddy, hes not. Who ever else was in the starting lineup for him would probably average right around that. And with Wade on the team, Davis wont get to 17 this year unless Wade is hurt.

A force??? Are you Davis' agent looking to get him more guaranteed money in his next contract?:laughing:

Ricky Davis and force in the same sentence....:jiggy:
                              You are pretty ignorant. READ UDOGG'S POST. No player on the Heat averaged more than 10.9ppg. There's a pretty big difference between having a legit 3rd option on offense (and Top 30 scorer in the entire league) and not having one. The fact that wrote this post proves you ahve no idea what you are talking about, since a guy already disputed your point before you even made it.

You obviously don't think Ricky Davis is a good NBA player and you are obviously not too knowledgeable for thinking that.

Comment

Working...
                              X