Sleepers this year in fantasy

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sleepers this year in fantasy

Anbody want to offer some suggestions this yr for break out players or diamonds in the rough? I follow nba but not as close as i do other sports.

Not sure if it's a diamond in the rough as he should be pretty well-known by now, but I like Gerald Wallace to have a very productive year for the Bobcats. Teams will be forced to put bodies on Okeafor underneath. Now the Bobcats have a threat at sg with JRich, & I think that will benefit Wallace. Morrison won't be playing, so Wallace will likely have a ton of minutes all season long.
    Champagne for my real friends, real pain for my sham friends...

Comment

I like Brandon Roy for Portland. He will be much better this year, IMO.
      NCAA YTD: 2-3-2 -3.9 units.

"If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself, but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle." Sun Tzu- The Art of War

Comment

Michael Redd
        Carlos Boozer
        Marcus Camby
        Luis Scola
        Kevin Durant

I can't think of anyone else on top of my mind. I'll back to post a few more for ya...
        Rowdy Rowdy Red!!!

Comment

Originally posted by AddictedToBetting View Post
          Michael Redd
          Carlos Boozer
          Marcus Camby
          Luis Scola
          Kevin Durant
          You guys need to read up on what a sleeper is. How is Michael Redd, a guy who scored 26ppg last year a "sleeper"? :laughing:

And ATB, those guys you listed aren't "sleepers" either except Scola who is a GREAT sleeper pick. Boozer and Camby are late 2nd/early 3rd round picks, and everyone in the world knows who Durant is and he's going in the 4th round (sometimes higher in drafts).

Some REAL sleepers (7th round or later) for you are: Al Horford ATL, Rajon Rondo BOS, Walter Herrmann CHA, Tyrus Thomas CHI, Nene DEN, Jason Maxiell DET, Marco Belinelli GS, Luis Scola (love this guy) HOU, Al Thornton LAC, Darko Milicic and Rudy Gay MEM, Corey Brewer MIN, Martell Webster POR, Nick Collison SEA, Jose Calderon and Andrea Bargnani TOR, Ronnie Brewer UTAH.

With the exception of maybe Gay and Bargnani, none of these guys are getting drafted before Round 7 and they are all soild players that can really help your team.

I would particularly go after Herrmann, Thomas, and Scola if you can get them :thumbs:

Comment

Originally posted by CuseFan10 View Post
            You guys need to read up on what a sleeper is. How is Michael Redd, a guy who scored 26ppg last year a "sleeper"? :laughing:

And ATB, those guys you listed aren't "sleepers" either except Scola who is a GREAT sleeper pick. Boozer and Camby are late 2nd/early 3rd round picks, and everyone in the world knows who Durant is and he's going in the 4th round (sometimes higher in drafts).

Some REAL sleepers (7th round or later) for you are: Al Horford ATL, Rajon Rondo BOS, Walter Herrmann CHA, Tyrus Thomas CHI, Nene DEN, Jason Maxiell DET, Marco Belinelli GS, Luis Scola (love this guy) HOU, Al Thornton LAC, Darko Milicic and Rudy Gay MEM, Corey Brewer MIN, Martell Webster POR, Nick Collison SEA, Jose Calderon and Andrea Bargnani TOR, Ronnie Brewer UTAH.

With the exception of maybe Gay and Bargnani, none of these guys are getting drafted before Round 7 and they are all soild players that can really help your team.

I would particularly go after Herrmann, Thomas, and Scola if you can get them :thumbs:
            :thumbs:

don't forget Kobe Bryant :beer2:
            :hide:

"Schooly D is fat cake yo."
            -Big Pimpin-

Comment

Originally posted by Q-Unit View Post
              don't forget Kobe Bryant :beer2:
              :laughing:

I hear that Garnett guy who went to Boston is due for a breakout type season too :thumbs:

Comment

JJ Redick
                Shane Battier
                Corey Maggette
                Chris Duhon
                Josh McRoberts
                Shavlik Randolph
                Shelden Williams
                Grant Hill
                NCAAF: 50-39-5 (+6.35 units)
                NFL: 36-35-6 (-2.00 units)
                NHL: 4-8-0 (-2.80 units)
                NCAAB: 7-4 (+1.75 units)

Comment

Originally posted by GamblinMan03 View Post
                  JJ Redick
                  Shane Battier
                  Corey Maggette
                  Chris Duhon
                  Josh McRoberts
                  Shavlik Randolph
                  Shelden Williams
                  Grant Hill
                  Ha... See, that's a good post. Made me laugh, nice job.

Comment

Originally posted by CuseFan10 View Post
                    Ha... See, that's a good post. Made me laugh, nice job.
                    lol i figured you would have a laugh out of that one:thumbs:
                    NCAAF: 50-39-5 (+6.35 units)
                    NFL: 36-35-6 (-2.00 units)
                    NHL: 4-8-0 (-2.80 units)
                    NCAAB: 7-4 (+1.75 units)

Comment

lol i figured you would have a laugh out of that one:thumbs:
                      is Danny Ferry still the only Duke player to win an NBA title?

-Big Pimpin-

Comment

I guess Gerald Wallace doesn't fit the sleeper mold, but I do think he has a big year, & may be slept on as he plays for the Cats. Also I think Bargnini will have a huge role this season in T-Dot.

JJ Redick
                        WTF is up with this guy? I don't know if anyone has been watching the preseason, but I watched a little the other day- he looks lost out there. Just a very bad defender, no way can he check the better guards in the league- I would go so far as to call him a defensive liability. The thing that shocked me is he had a wide open look & missed badly. Like embarrassingly bad. although I didn't think he would be a starter, I did think he could be a good specialty shooter off the bench, but he can't seem to stay healthy. Looks as if he's sidelined again with a hand contusion. Best player out of that group right now IMO is Battier. I'm sure many will disagree & say Maggette/Duhon, but I think Battier is a top 5 defender in the league. That wrinkly headed bastard is solid as they come defensively, & can score too. Grant Hill is probably my all-time fave Duke player, so sad to see him sidelined so pften due to injuries....

Comment

I'm not sure how scoring goes for NBA fantasy (I've never done it), but I think Tyson Chandler will have a very productive season for the Hornets. He's likely going to average a double double for the season. Last season he averaged 9.5 ppg & 12.3 rpg. Great rebounder, & should get plenty of tip ins, not to mention a great guard in Chris Paul. He is also very efficient, as he shot over 62% fgs for the season.

Comment

Originally posted by Underdog88 View Post
                            I'm not sure how scoring goes for NBA fantasy (I've never done it), but I think Tyson Chandler will have a very productive season for the Hornets. He's likely going to average a double double for the season. Last season he averaged 9.5 ppg & 12.3 rpg. Great rebounder, & should get plenty of tip ins, not to mention a great guard in Chris Paul. He is also very efficient, as he shot over 62% fgs for the season.
                            rotisserie or head to head?

IMO Chandler is indispensable in a rotisserie league :thumbs:

-Big Pimpin-

Comment

My bad Cuse. When he said sleepers, I thought he meant underrated players.

I consider these guys as sleepers...

Devin Harris (Dallas Mavs)

Luke Walton (LA Lakers)
                              Rowdy Rowdy Red!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X