Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ***UDoggie's Slumpbustin Monday***

NBA 172-167-2 +2.74 units

Coldest streak I've ever had in the NBA, went from up nearly 30 units to almost even. Today's a new day....

76ers +6.5

Suns team o58 1sth

3 units each
    Last edited by Underdog88; 12-10-2007, 12:15 PM.
    Champagne for my real friends, real pain for my sham friends...

Philly- Houston is 6-7 su on the road this season. Of those 6 wins, 3 have been by 6 or less. So Houston wouldn't have covered this spread in 10 of 13 road games this season, yet they are backed by the public (because Philly "sucks"). They are also in a pretty bad spot situationally, being on a b2b road game, & have the lookehead factor as they play Detroit at home on wednesday. Philly has won 2 in a row vs. the Knicks, & are home. While I can't give them too much credit for beating the Knicks, it is a start. They have had some very tough opponents lately @ home.... Boston, a game which they lost by 10 but the game was much closer than the score would indicate. Utah, the Warriors (which they took to ot but lost by 2. I think they can hang with the Rockets tonight. One little added angle that could be overlooked is the last meeting between these two teams. Last year, Houston came to Philly & handed them their biggest home loss in franchise history, winning 124-74! I'm sure the Sixers coaching staff has reminded the players of this, & I would think out of pride they will be playing with a little extra focus tonight. I may add a small ML play as well.

Suns 1sth team over- Couple factors here.... the Suns are off a road loss to Minny as 10 pt faves on the last game of their roadtrip. I'm still kicking myself for pussying out on the Wolves that day, as the Suns were tired & on a b2b. Tonight, they face the Heat, who are on a b2b, & the final game of a 6 game West coast roadie. The Heat finally managed to win a game on the road yesterday, beating the Clips by 6 pts. However, Wade, Haslem & Quinn all put in 40+ minutes, so there is definitely a fatigue factor. I can't think of a worse game to finish a long road trip ( Warriors?) than the Suns, but add the fact that they are off a loss & it's even stronger to me. For all of these reasons, I like the Suns to win this game, & likely big. However, I just can't pull the trigger on that large of a spread. I probably would here, if there wasn't the revenge angle for the Heat (the Suns beat them by 6 Nov. 9th). Instead, I'm on the 1st team over. I think the Suns will look to run, & score off fast break pts (like always). The Suns generally build large leads out of the gate, as evidenced by their 1sth totals all season. I'm pretty mad that I didn't look into their 1sth totals earlier. The Suns have totaled 60 or more pts 1sth in 7 of their last 10 games. The 3 that didnt? T-wolves (as i said a bad spot in general for Phx, they scored 56). Houston- a revenge game for the Rockets, & the Suns scored 52 (they shot 40% from the field). The last one was a 51 pt 1sth vs the Clippers, where they started off slow. That one could have something to do with the fact they had a 80 pt 1sth the game previous vs. the Kings....

Comment

Originally posted by Underdog88 View Post
      Philly- Houston is 6-7 su on the road this season. Of those 6 wins, 3 have been by 6 or less. So Houston wouldn't have covered this spread in 10 of 13 road games this season, yet they are backed by the public (because Philly "sucks"). They are also in a pretty bad spot situationally, being on a b2b road game, & have the lookehead factor as they play Detroit at home on wednesday. Philly has won 2 in a row vs. the Knicks, & are home. While I can't give them too much credit for beating the Knicks, it is a start. They have had some very tough opponents lately @ home.... Boston, a game which they lost by 10 but the game was much closer than the score would indicate. Utah, the Warriors (which they took to ot but lost by 2. I think they can hang with the Rockets tonight. One little added angle that could be overlooked is the last meeting between these two teams. Last year, Houston came to Philly & handed them their biggest home loss in franchise history, winning 124-74! I'm sure the Sixers coaching staff has reminded the players of this, & I would think out of pride they will be playing with a little extra focus tonight. I may add a small ML play as well.

Suns 1sth team over- Couple factors here.... the Suns are off a road loss to Minny as 10 pt faves on the last game of their roadtrip. I'm still kicking myself for pussying out on the Wolves that day, as the Suns were tired & on a b2b. Tonight, they face the Heat, who are on a b2b, & the final game of a 6 game West coast roadie. The Heat finally managed to win a game on the road yesterday, beating the Clips by 6 pts. However, Wade, Haslem & Quinn all put in 40+ minutes, so there is definitely a fatigue factor. I can't think of a worse game to finish a long road trip ( Warriors?) than the Suns, but add the fact that they are off a loss & it's even stronger to me. For all of these reasons, I like the Suns to win this game, & likely big. However, I just can't pull the trigger on that large of a spread. I probably would here, if there wasn't the revenge angle for the Heat (the Suns beat them by 6 Nov. 9th). Instead, I'm on the 1st team over. I think the Suns will look to run, & score off fast break pts (like always). The Suns generally build large leads out of the gate, as evidenced by their 1sth totals all season. I'm pretty mad that I didn't look into their 1sth totals earlier. The Suns have totaled 60 or more pts 1sth in 7 of their last 10 games. The 3 that didnt? T-wolves (as i said a bad spot in general for Phx, they scored 56). Houston- a revenge game for the Rockets, & the Suns scored 52 (they shot 40% from the field). The last one was a 51 pt 1sth vs the Clippers, where they started off slow. That one could have something to do with the fact they had a 80 pt 1sth the game previous vs. the Kings....

Great analysis....played Philly as well.

GL :beerbang:
      Go Boilers!
      thru 2/3

NCAAF ’20 215-187-5 +75.19
      NCAAF ’21 200-169-7 +37.80
      NCAAF '22 239-216-14 +24.41

NFL ’20 128-110-8 +50.21
      NFL ’21 94-102-3 -15.37
      NFL '22 186-165-9 +54.63

NCAAB ’21-22 908-771-42 +196.07
      NCAAB '22-23 510-488-9 -43.13

NHL '20-21 171-154-2 +42.97
      NHL ’21-22 223-241-5 -65.79
      NHL '22-23 153-149-3 -21.97

NBA ’20-21 241-223-7 +11.97
      NBA ’21-22 282-266-6 -1.93
      NBA '22-23 225-246-9 -94.88

Comment

Like that suns 1st half over, I expect them to come out playing well. On the opposite side for the rockets/philly game for the first half, but, like you, I'm not a huge fan of houston laying all that road chalk for the game. Hopefully houston wins the first half but you cover for the game :thumbs:

Comment

Thanks BB, hook' em:thumbs:

lean to the Knicks (Dallas as a big road fave should be a fade right now), but I couldn't pull the trigger. Hawks are playing good ball, but Orlando has won by DD each time off a ooss, so that's a no-go. Leaning on the Kings at home & the under late, but I'm off to work now. May add later, but until I get some winners strung together the cards will be smaller. Maybe :beer2:

Comment

Originally posted by Underdog88 View Post

Coldest streak I've ever had in the NBA, went from up nearly 30 units to almost even. Today's a new day....

I feel your pain.. :bang:
            "Assumption is the mother of all f**k-ups!"

Comment

gl sixers up 24 at the moment:beerbang:

Comment

Thanks Daws... Sixers :beerbang:

Miami leads 40-29 end of the 1st! right now I'm wishing I would have just played the 1sth over :bang:

Hopefully the Suns put 30 2nd quarter pts up...

Kings-1.5 1stq

3 units

Like the Kings for the game as well, as the Bucks are in a pretty bad situation. They are on a b2b & off an ot loss. this is also their 5th & final road game before headed back home to play Orlando. I think the Kings have the lead at the end of the first, but this is more of a play against the Bucks than a play on the Kings (though even without K-mart, they should be ok at home). The Bucks have lead at the end of the first quarter 1 time in the last 11games! That was against the Knicks, who were off a b2b infamous beating @ Boston. The only other game in the last 11 that they weren't down by 2 or more at the end of the first was vs. the Hawks- Atlanta was also on a b2b, & these two were tied at the end of the first. The Bucks have been down by 3 or more in their last 4 road games, vs Port, Sea, GS, & the Clips. :thumbs:

Comment

Suns-10.5 2ndh
                  Kings-3-175

1 to win 2 units

Comment

Suns 2ndh- Heat shot .681, yet are only up by 4? Nash spent the first half feeding the team (already has 8 assists), but only scored 1 pt. I like him to take some more shots 2ndh, & I also will take the Suns bench to outscore the Heat bench..... I like the 3rd q o55, but I'm leaving it alone. Looks trappy tha the 2ndh line was -10.5 & is now 10, even though I'm sure the Suns are the public play. I just had to bite for reasons posted above....

Comment

Working...
                    X