2 to win 2 units

Hawks+355

Hawks team o90.5

Heat+8-105

Heat+340

Bobcats+9-104

1 unit each

As you can see, I like the Hawks. Alot.
    Last edited by Underdog88; 12-29-2007, 12:20 PM.
    Champagne for my real friends, real pain for my sham friends...

Wow, just saw that Utah traded Giricek for Korver! I have to believe Utah got the better end of that deal. I'll be looking into Jazz overs in the near future- terrible D & very good offense :thumbs:

Comment

Love that Hornets Under, also like em to win the game....GL:thumbs:
      "Assumption is the mother of all f**k-ups!"

Comment

wow i like korver, wonder what sixers motive was to do that trade, on hawks with ya gl

Comment

Giricek blows. Philly is stupid if it was a 1 for 1 trade :laughing:

Comment

Originally posted by Stifler's Mom View Post
            Giricek blows. Philly is stupid if it was a 1 for 1 trade :laughing:
            If I may defend my squad here a bit. Stefanski is going to be a very, very good GM in my opinion. He was tutored by one of the best in Rod Thorn, and I'm very excited that he's the guy in charge of rebuilding the Sixers. They have a great coach who gets the team to play hard every night, and now they have a guy who isn't an idiot running the team and making the decisions - which is nice.

The Sixers got Giricek and a protected first round pick (which I assume is a lottery protected pick one would think) for Korver. Giricek doesn't "blow" either, IMHO. I'm not saying by any means that he's good and will be a huge difference maker, but neither is Korver. His trade value has plummeted since a couple years ago, and neither guy plays defense, but at least Giricek is a little more athletic plus they should get a pick in the low 20's out of it which maybe they can package or get another useful player out of. Sloan is a great coach but is insanely fickle about who he likes and who he doesn't - which I guess makes him a good coach, haha.

Anyway, I'm rambling but I think the Sixers did good on this one.

Comment

Yes, Giricek does blow, lol. I agree, however, that Korver isn't exactly the greatest player alive either. Still, Giricek IMHO is lucky to even be tagging along in the NBA with anyone. What has he done for anyone lately except ride the bench or play meaningless minutes? Or ever for that matter? I find it difficult to believe there aren't better players out there coming out of college that at least do SOMETHING well who could take his place.

In addition, I was unaware that Philly also got a first round pick....which is why i said IF it was just a 1 for 1 deal.

I have no idea about either player's salary either. If Korver has a much higher salary (which I have no clue about), then, combined with the first round pick, the trade is good for them.

If the trade was 1 for 1, or if they ate salary with Giricek, then they're morons.

I do like the way the Sixers are playing, and where they seem to be headed. Getting rid of Allen "I'll play and practice when I feel like it" Iverson was a great start...and I definitely think they have some quality young players on their roster.

Comment

I dunno about Giricek but isnt Utah eating Korver's salary?

the guy has one of the most overblown salaries for someone who ONLY shoots threes.

IMO if sixers get a draft pick and is able to unload a salary deadweight like Korver, then its a good move.

that is predicated on of course if Giricek isnt a deadweight salarywise himself!
                :hide:

"Schooly D is fat cake yo."
                -Big Pimpin-

Comment

Looked it up. Giricek is an expiring contract (the most coveted thing in the NBA) and makes $4 million this year. Korver makes $4.4 this year, and then is due another $15 million over 3 years - '08 = $4.7 million, '09 = $5.1 million, and '10 = $5.5 million.

Looks like a very good deal to me considering they are trying to rebuild. Good job Eddie Stefanski :thumbs:

Comment

Yup...it's all about the expiring contact in the nBA (and now in the NHL)...that was the main part of the trade...Philly is re-loading....Korver an over-paid marksman anyway...and didn't Philly get a 1st rounder too?? Good trade for Philly, IMO, especially considering their direction...

GL UD...
                    Last edited by JohnnyMapleLeaf; 12-29-2007, 06:46 PM.

Comment

Yeah didn't look too much into the salary implications, just the trade... also didn't see Utah gets a pick out of it.

T-poopies/Sonics o99.5 2ndh

2 units

Oh & btw, f the Hawks :bang:

Comment

Working...
                      X