Celtics team u98

Lakers/Sonics u208.5-105

Nets-5-105

Bobcats+4.5-102

2 units each

Wizards+750

Bobcats+180

1 unit each

Some big spreads out there tonight, methinks someone gets upset. Usually my discussion thread ends up being me talking to myself, so jump in & say something! Nothing played as of yet, waiting for reduced juice lines. Here's what's on my radar so far....

Washington+12 & ml

Wash/Celtics under (or Celtics team under 98)

Lakers team u107.5

Charlotte+ pts & ml

Bucks+pts

Nets- pts

Regarding Spurs, I think they win easily, but trying to guess by how much is not something I'm interested in. More thoughts to come....
    Last edited by Underdog88; 01-14-2008, 03:46 PM.
    Champagne for my real friends, real pain for my sham friends...

Opposite thougts on jazz game as I see DD win for them as Bucks keep losing close games and need to recoup off this road trip....However, I want to pull trigger so bad on Wiz, but might throw a unit on ML.

Really like that lakers TT Under!

I like nets for some reason, but cant justify the play....your thoughts???

GL Today:thumbs:
    "Assumption is the mother of all f**k-ups!"

Comment

Wizards- Going against the revenge angle as the Wiz beat the C's su Saturday, but 12 points? I'm sure some are thinking, Boston's pissed, they're gonna crush the Wiz tonight. After looking a little deeper, I think this is a perfect opportunity to cash in on an inflated line. Looking at the last game, the C's shot better than the Wiz yet choked down the stretch & blew the game. The Wiz shot just 36%, & went 2-18 from behind the 3 pt line. They did capitalize on fts, going a remarkable 27-30 from the charity stripe. Butler/Jamison combined for 26 rebounds. I think ther Wiz match up pretty well with the C's- especially with how the C's are banged up right now.

It's looking as if Rondo will miss tonight's game, which would leave House as the pg. While he can get hot, IMO he tends to rely on the 3 rather than moving the ball around, & when he's cold, it's ugly. If he doesn't go, I would expect more time for Posey, a nice liability offensively imo. Ray Allen is seemingly still bothered by his neck, & was just 3-13 for 8 pts Saturday. He has only gone over 10 pts 1x in his last 4 games played. Big Baby isn't 100%, & only played 10 minutes last game with little impact. The Wiz have Haywood to double Garnett, & Blatche to throw at him as well (he played well last meeting 8 pts 19 minutes). I think the C's may be coming down to earth a bit, so I'm gonna grab the points vs a team that hasn't broke 86 pts in the last 3 games.

I'll likely be on the under as well, teams combined average 198, & total is set at 184.5, so it looks pretty strong system wise. I expect a defensive battle rather than a run & gun type game, & would be surprised to see eithe team get over 90 pts....

Comment

Originally posted by SRN1985 View Post
        Opposite thougts on jazz game as I see DD win for them as Bucks keep losing close games and need to recoup off this road trip....
        IMO the Bucks have been playing good ball. Before the 2 close losses, they won 3 straight (2 on the road). It's not like the Bucks are on a long roadie, & they aren't on a b2b, so I really don't see fatigue being a factor. IMO Utah has been getting by because of out of this world shooting. This team sucks defensively IMO.....They beat the Magic by 5, & shot 53%/ 45% 3pters. They beat Philly by 3 while shooting 53%/ 70% 3pters. They shot well over 50% 1sth in route to blowing out the Suns. They shot 51% vs Portland in a 10 pt win. I think this could be a spot where they come out flat, & even if they don't there's a good chance the Bucks can stay within the number. Bogut should be able to have his way in the paint, & is coming off a 29 pt 11 reb performance. Also Redd & Williams should have plenty of open looks. The Bucks have lost 2 of their last 10 games played by 10 or more.

Comment

I like nets for some reason, but cant justify the play....your thoughts???
          My reasoning- Nets with 2 days rest off a home loss to the Celtics, where they had the lead in the 3rd but managed just 9 4th quarter pts. Portland off a 2 ot loss to Toronto, & at the start of a long East coast road trip. Although the Blazers have been playing great ball, I think they are due for a little regression... they are still just 5-11 on the road & playing a b2b. They are 2-4 on b2b road games this season, with a 1 pt win @ mem & a ot win @ Chi. Tough spot for them IMO....

Comment

Im convinced ^ ...gonna add nets and tail you on lakers team total:thumbs: ....I see them getting 98 tonite

Thanks for the info Udogg!

Woah...see that 2.5 point drop on LAL game, bynum must really have thrown action on Seattle:dunno:
            Last edited by SRN1985; 01-14-2008, 12:49 PM.
            "Assumption is the mother of all f**k-ups!"

Comment

Im convinced ^ ...gonna add nets and tail you on lakers team total:thumbs:

I didn't even play the Lakers team total yet LoL! GL today :thumbs:

Comment

i agree on the wizards. getting twelve against a team who plays a slower pace and good defense is a nice play. plus, the wiz know they can beat the celtics so its not like there will be any lack of confidence on their part.

Comment

I'm taking the Wiz play as well. Like you said, it's a huge line and I think they can cover. I like the under as well. But the Bucks play is scary to me. Keep Rolling! :thumbs:

Comment

My thoughts exactly Daws :thumbs:

Thanks GKL! Often, the plays that look scary often turn out to be winners :sm:

Added Lakers/Sonics under. Was originally looking to play on just the Lakers team under, but I'm opting for the full total. Flushing Hearts has solid reasoning for this one in his thread. IMO the Sonics could take this one su, but the huge line move down has taken most of the value out of it. I would really want more than +205 to play on the Sonics, who have beaten just 2 teams with a record over .500 LoL.

I also added the Nets. I can't believe I'm laying chalk with NJ, but I think the line is begging for Blazers money. Waiting on the status of Felton before playing the Bobcats, but I'll likely be on them regardless....

Comment

Opposite on the Jazz, they are at top 3 team at home and facing a team that has 7 road wins granted they have been playing a lil better now still think JAzz cover..

Im liking the Nets under, esp knowing that Portland comes off a hard fought 2OT loss, should be a little tired..

WIzards + the points looks good as well. Boston has not been blowing out teams as of late, their defense is winning games, offense is out of sync past couple games...

Also takign the SOnics + the points dont ask me why lol

Comment

gl udoggy, like that sonics/lakers under tonight as well :thumbs:
                        **ALL PLAYS ARE TO WIN 1UNIT UNLESS OTHERWISE NOTED**

Comment

HMHA- yeah, I figured the Bucks play would be a very unpopular one LoL. I was looking at the Nets under as well, Blazers burned me yesterday on the under with it going into ot (under was good before ot). GL with your plays :thumbs:

MML- thanks & gl to you...

Bobcats- The Cats have been playing good ball lately. They took both the Piston & Cavs to ot (losing both) & beat the Celtics in their own house. Felton is returning today, which can only help the cause. Denver is a very risky play on the road.. in their last 10 road games they are 4-6 su. During that span they have had just 2 wins over 4 pts. I think the Cats have an advantage in the paint, gimme Wallace/Okafor over Kenyon/Camby any day. Nene out again along with Atkins makes for a thin bench, never good for road games...

Comment

Originally posted by Underdog88 View Post
                            I didn't even play the Lakers team total yet LoL! GL today :thumbs:
                            YET being the key word :beer2:

GL UD :thumbs:

Comment

Anyone notice how badly home faves have been doing ats? Looked earlier & they are something like 8-12 ats last couple days. Just thought I'd throw that out there.... off to dinner with the wife.... go doggies (except the Blazers) :beerbang:

Comment

Working...
                              X