• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gasol A Laker

here's the link, Gasol traded to Lakers : Grizzlies : Commercial Appeal

not on espn.com or nba.com yet.

looks like great trade for the Lakers

and swift for collins swap made me :laughing: , jason collins is the most inefficient player in the nba imo

Lakers got butt raped, IMHO. Is Gasol really gonna be the guy to get LAL over the top and take out the top teams in the West? I don't really see it. I don't think he's physical enough or dominating enough in the post at all to make a real difference.

Forget crappy Kwame Brown and the rookie Memphis got who I know nothing about....trading just 2 first round picks for freakin always hurt Pau Gasol? Horrible. Yea, they won't be lottery picks, but seriously, they should be able to pick up very good players with those picks regardless. Plus they get draft rights to Gasol's younger brother, whom I know nothing about other than that he's 7'1" and plays in Europe right now, and the rights to some McKee fellow whom I also know nothing about.

Sounds to me like the Lakers basically sold the farm for freakin Pau Gasol....not something I would have done, that's for sure.

Maybe if they were smart, they might want to use Lamar Odom a little more instead of the 10 or so touches he seems to be getting per game. What a waste of a very talented player.

Why didn't they just go ahead and sign Chris Webber? If you're looking for a 1 year wonder to try and win the Finals, I think he had just about as much to offer as Gasol, and they wouldn't have had to give up anything to get him. They don't even need him once Bynum comes back anyway, IMHO. They were going great until he got hurt....which makes this deal seem even stupider to me.

Speaking of which, I don't see how old ass Webber is going to fit and be productive in the Golden St running type game either....
    Last edited by Stifler's Mom; 02-01-2008, 03:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Stifler's Mom View Post
      and the rights to some McKee fellow whom I also know nothing about.
      Hahaha, this post is great for various reasons. One, it's spot on and insightfully correct. Second, the (second) guy you "nothing about" is Aaron McKie. It's just he hasn't played in so long that you don't even realize he's still in the NBA (probably making $8 million a year). The Grizz got Kwame expiring contract and McKie's expiring contract and now are free of a pantload of tied up money after the season ends and can spend it on someone who isn't hurt every other day of his life like Gasol is. The big winner in this deal is Juan Carlos Navarro who will now break out and average about 15-16ppg down the stretch here for the Grizz.

Comment

Actually, is McKie in the league still? Anyone know? I heard he was in the trade too but I haven't seen his name listed anywhere (but then again, most places aren't listing Marc Gasol's name either yet).

Weird... ANyway, point is - I agree with Stiff.

Comment

Actually, Fisher/Kobe/Odom/Gasol/Bynum sounds like a pretty scary lineup to me. Either way Lakers got the better end of the deal.

Comment

Aaron McKie? LOL. He's like 40 something, isn't he? I thought he retired right after Dr J :laughing:

Seriously though, if that's who it is, I had no idea he was still under any type of NBA contract. I sure as hell haven't seen him play in years.

Still, if I were Memphis, I would have traded Gasol for just the 2 draft picks. Not to mention the salary advantage and draft rights to Marc Gasol and the benefit it gives them in the salary dept.

Gasol is so extremely overrated of a player IMHO, even when he is healthy. He's a decent NBA player, but that's about it....which is why I made the Chris Webber comparison. Not because I think Webber is gonna step up and help anyone win anything, but because if you're just looking to fill someone in who is better than stone hands Kwame Brown until Will Bynum comes back, Webber would have been more than adequate, and wouldn't have cost the Lakers any draft picks.

Comment

Working...
            X