Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shaq to Phoenix??

Wtf??

A 36 yr old gimp making 20 mil for the next 2 years. WTF am I missing?

Comment

If this really goes down, it could possibly be the worst trade of the past 5 years. Shaq will collapse in the 1st quarter playing the Suns tempo. The Heat will be getting away with murder here! Marion would likely opt out of his contract after the season's over, & the Heat can make a big name offseason acquisition....
      Champagne for my real friends, real pain for my sham friends...

Comment

Wow.. I was in PHX on business yesterday and all they talk about on sports radio is the suns. They don't think that Marion will opt out, he's due 17 mil on his option.

It's funny how the Laker trade forced them into doing something like this. Even funnier is how the local sports talk host blames Kobe for the Suns lacking a big man. He kept saying that the Suns thought they were going to land Kobe a couple years ago, so they opened up salary cap room and cut Jahidi White. :laughing: I'm a Clipper fan, but I must say I found this comical listening in from a Suns point of view.
        NCAAB (53-28 +62.9 units) :beerbang:

1 unit= $50.00
        HUGE PLAYS (10 unit= 1-1)

Comment

This has Barkley/Hornacek written all over it.......

By the way, its finalized pending Shaq's physical.

Here is the Physical Report:

36 years old
          Bad Knees
          Past his prime
          Not worth 40 million

See Also - Chris Webber

NFL: 14-12 (+7.75)

CBB: 07-08: 54-43(+11.25) RD 3-1

Comment

i guess this is that big man that phoenix has needed for all those years they have lost in the playoffs. Its coming about 5 years too late with shaq. who is to say he will even get on the floor with all his problems. That hip problem certainly isnt going anywhere and like stif said, he will not fit this scheme. Suns are turning into an aging team... shaq, grant hill, and nash is getting up there too. 3 guys who are either declining or about to decline.

Comment

Big gamble to try & make a championship run this year for the Suns, IMO. At first I was thinking about how horrible of a trade it is, there could be an upside. Having him draw doubles could open up shots in the halfcourt offense. He still has to be respected when healthy. His health is the biggest question of all though! Say he gets healthy in time for the playoffs (& assuming Hill isn't injured somehow), that's a pretty formidable lineup with Barbosa, Diaw off the bench.
              Champagne for my real friends, real pain for my sham friends...

Comment

hmmm....interesting...not sure how the hell shaq is gonna fit into the Suns offense....I know one thing though...the networks are going to love a Shaq vs Kobe western conference finals if that happens....I'm pretty confident about the Lakers half of that equation....not too certain about phoenix....didn't think I'd make that statement a few months ago:beer2:

Comment

Next thing you know Haweem Olijawon, Dr J, and Moses Malone will be coming out of retirement....and maybe Jordan will give it one more go and suit up for Charlotte :laughing:

Comment

Originally posted by Stifler's Mom View Post
                    Next thing you know Haweem Olijawon, Dr J, and Moses Malone will be coming out of retirement....and maybe Jordan will give it one more go and suit up for Charlotte :laughing:
                    They did mention on the PHX radio that they had tried to lure PJ Brown to play for them this year. I think the Suns are too in love with Barbosa. Although he is a nice piece, he's just a scorer (which isn't a issue with the Suns). They should have pieced the ATL pick they have with Barbosa for something.
                    NCAAB (53-28 +62.9 units) :beerbang:

1 unit= $50.00
                    HUGE PLAYS (10 unit= 1-1)

Comment

Working...
                    X