Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dallas sells its soul for 52 year old Jason Kidd...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dallas sells its soul for 52 year old Jason Kidd...

"The Nets trade All-Star point guard Jason Kidd and Malik Allen to the Mavericks for Devin Harris, Jerry Stackhouse, Devean George, DeSagana Diop, $3 million and two first-round picks", sources tell Tony Mejia of CBSSports.com.

Why not just trade your whole team? I mean while none of these guys are what I would call spectacular, Stackhouse was still a solid contributor, Diop kinda sucks, but saw important minutes, George is a good defender who can also shoot the 3, and has championship experience from his LA Laker days.

Besides that, I don't know how they expect an aging Jason Kidd who has got to be the worst shooting point guard i've ever seen, to carry them to a championship. And when it doesn't happen, and Kidd retires, they are left without Harris as well for the future. I know Kidd is a great point guard (minus his shooting), but seriously....is this the player to get you over the top so much so that you give away half of your roster?

Maybe they plan to fill the hole they left by losing Diop at the center position by going out and re-signing Shawn Bradley? :laughing:

Then again, Dallas never really did give a **** about having a good big man anyway...

Monkey see, monkey do. The Lakers make a trade and everyone else has to follow. What a bunch of idiots, IMHO.

At least Phoenix didn't give up half of their team and their future for Shaq, as much as I don't think that trade going to make em better either.

They lose badly on this deal.

Devin Harris goes on to have an all star career and kidd calls it quits soon.

And you can call me nuts, but in that offense with their style of play, STACK has more value than Jason Kidd does to the team. Im no fan of Stack's but he complimented that offense VERY nicely off the bench along with Jason Terry.

Talk about a chemistry buster.

Cuban is a moron and I will look like a bigger one if the Mavs go on a fat run lol!
    Last edited by Kevin; 02-13-2008, 03:15 PM.

Comment

I agree Dallas gave up way too much... especially Harris who's on the rise. Well, those guys will definitely give Nets A LOTTA help in the East.

Comment

dallas gonna have alot of depth now ............................NOTTTTTTTTT
        ****all plays 4.4 units to win 4 units unless otherwise noted****

NBA 20-22 -16.8 units
        NHL 1-0 +4.0 units
        MLB 0-1 -4.8 units
        CFB 12-6-1 +21.6 units

Comment

this deal makes the lakers deal look like a steal:beer2:

I love it...the lakers deal is making these teamns PANIC!

phoenix panics and gets shaq, who i have no clue as to how he will help them in their style of offense...

mavs panic and give up a whole helluva lot to get a player who has probably 2 good years left..max!

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin View Post
            They lose badly on this deal.

Devin Harris goes on to have an all star career and kidd calls it quits soon.

And you can call me nuts, but in that offense with their style of play, STACK has more value than Jason Kidd does to the team. Im no fan of Stack's but he complimented that offense VERY nicely off the bench along with Jason Terry.

Talk about a chemistry buster.

Cuban is a moron and I will look like a bigger one if the Mavs go on a fat run lol!

Stackhouse would get bought out become a free agent and after 30 days resign with Dallas.

Comment

Can some please explain to me how the ******* world Devean George has a "no trade" clause in his contract when he sucks? WTF? What genius gave him that contract? Was it his contract from LA that's carried over or did Dallas give him that little piece of insanity?

Comment

Originally posted by CuseFan10 View Post
                Can some please explain to me how the ******* world Devean George has a "no trade" clause in his contract when he sucks? WTF? What genius gave him that contract? Was it his contract from LA that's carried over or did Dallas give him that little piece of insanity?
                Cuban...........George probably asked him at the DQ on a friday night when Cuban was working the drive through cause Avery didn't show up and he was super swamped and just was like yeah, whatever sure......Welcome to Dairy Queen, can i take you order?
                I am the M'bah a'Flyers Fan !

Comment

If the Mavs were able to get Stack back, which is what was being planned, I don't think this would be a bad move at all to make a run for the finals. The Mavs may lose offense bringing in Kidd, but they get one of the best defensive pgs to ever play the game, IMO. After all, it's not like it's offense they need, & Kidd has the same 3pt % & ft % as Harris. Kidd avg 11ppg, while Harris was averaging 14.4, so it's not some crazy offensive loss. Kidd is averaging 8 rebs per game (Harris- 2.3), 10 assists per game (Harris- 5). Kidd is a walking double double who will be able to feed Dirk, Howards & Terry all day. Yes he's old & this isn't the best move for long term, but it's not like Harris is healthy & playing his best ball right now. I honestly don't think Harris will be an all star in his career. Something had to be done to shake this team up, IMO. George hasn't done much of anything this season, & is holding the trade up as he has a virtual no-trade clause. Do I think they overpaid? Of course, but it's not like the Nets were going to gift Kidd away for nothing.....
                  Champagne for my real friends, real pain for my sham friends...

Comment

i agree with stifler. It's a big man that dallas has always needed and never had it. So why go get a pg? Just because other teams make a trade, now dallas has to? Thats dumb logic. Who the hell are their big men? Dampier and juwan howard? That sucks and it will get dominated by stoudemire, duncan, and such.

Comment

Juwan Howard? I didn't even know he was on the Mavs roster....or even still in the NBA for that matter :laughing:

That was alot of my point though. #1, that they STILL aren't going to beat the big teams in the West without a legitimate center, who can play 35+ minutes a night. Erick Dampier is ok in limited doses, but that's about it.

It's not AS terrible if they get Stackhouse back, but it's still a senseless move IMHO. I was never questioning giving Harris for Kidd....that's a no brainer for a team in position to make a run at the title....but what I was saying was foolish was giving away one of their "platoon" centers with Diop, and the first round draft picks. While Diop basically sucks, i think he's more improtant to the Mavs and this equation than it appears. Dampier can't effectively play a full game every night, so unless they have their sights set on a Cherokee Parks signing, or some other useless tattooed bum coming out of retirement and signing with them, or giving away the rest of their roster to get a legit center from someone, I don't see where they're gonna have anyone to combat Duncan, Stoudemire, Gasol/Odom/Bynum (or whoever else the Lakers decide to toss in there at center) or even an over the hill Shaq....for the half of the game where Dampier needs to go sit cause he's either tired and/or in foul trouble.

I was never questioning Kidd as a nice addition, but rather saying it was stupid giving up all they did to get him....and especially because I don't think he's the piece they needed to get over the top in the first place.

At least the Lakers and Suns addressed a position that they're gonna need in the playoffs.
                      Last edited by Stifler's Mom; 02-14-2008, 02:40 PM.

Comment

The deal ainīt done yet , you nitwits

Comment

ok joeey. you might as well see yourself out the door because your attitude isnt gonig to fly when you are already calling people out with 3 posts... we know the deal isnt done yet smarty.

Comment

I just hope the team can make the right moves in order to get to its former self soon!

Comment

NITWIT is a funny word

Comment

Working...
                              X