Dallas Mavericks @ San Antonio Spurs **Discussions**

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dallas Mavericks @ San Antonio Spurs **Discussions**

I'm looking forward to hit this game big. I thought we can gather everyones input and maybe get a consensus on something.

In my opinion Dallas games are a bit slower since the arrival of Kidd, he's rebounding abilities for a PG is extraordinary and limits fast second chance opportunities. Also he's assisting more often than he scores so he's always back to defend. As for the Spurs, I see Ginobili as the LBJ of the team, he's scoring big. Besides him and Duncan I don't see another person scoring a majority of their points so Parker is important to the match up IMO. Series is level @ 1-1, there is some sort of revenge factor for Dallas but at the end of the day I believe this stays a low scoring affair with teams relying on their defenses. I also think Spurs cover, if the line is around -2.5.

What ya guys thinks? Anything appreciated .. :thumbs:

take it to the UDog discuss thread you'll probably get more interest

Comment

Probably, haha.

Maybe it's a little early. There is 3 days of ball to play before this. Maybe we should get Udog in here! :sm:

Comment

I'll probably have more thoughts on it after both teams play tonight. :thumbs:
        Champagne for my real friends, real pain for my sham friends...

Comment

I'm trying to find box scores for games between SAS/NJ in 06/07 (to see how Kidd does against the Spurs), I couldn't it find it on nba.com and yahoo.com, you guys know of any site storing archives?

Comment

Originally posted by philthy_rich View Post
            I'm trying to find box scores for games between SAS/NJ in 06/07 (to see how Kidd does against the Spurs), I couldn't it find it on nba.com and yahoo.com, you guys know of any site storing archives?
            That info doesn't exist.

Comment

Originally posted by EdwardHaney View Post
              That info doesn't exist.
              Never say never. I eventually found some. Kidd didn't play enough against Spurs in 06 so I had a look at 05 and I have to say he hasn't played very well. Maybe more of the same.

Comment

Hours of work. This is what I got.

DAL/SA u182.5 5u

DAL/SA -4.5 4u

GLTA :sm:

Comment

I agree, Philthy....I like SA at home...people seem to be talking about this Dallas turnaround with JKidd...but their three recent wins with him were all over terrible teams....I don't see them beating a top team like SA...especially in SA.
                  :beerbang:

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnyMapleLeaf View Post
                    I agree, Philthy....I like SA at home...people seem to be talking about this Dallas turnaround with JKidd...but their three recent wins with him were all over terrible teams....I don't see them beating a top team like SA...especially in SA.
                    :beerbang:
                    Agreed :thumbs: . The only worthy team they've played since the Kidd trade was NO and they got a beating which was blamed on the fresh arrival of Kidd - granted, however, I believe the whole team got outplayed. Kidd can't dish out 17 assists and create easy shots for Nowitzki, Howard and Terry against a Spurs team who will come out defensively. Kidd is going to have two choices - force it (then rack up the TO's) or shoot (and we know he is a poor shooter, no wonder he is a pass first PG). Obviously, Dallas knows this aswell so they'll be prepared defensively - low scoring. The only thing I'm worried is about Spurs not being able to score a field goal for an extended period ie. 8.5 minutes w/out a fg against NO & ATL.

Comment

I'd like to pipe in with some thoughts.

Now I understand that most people here like to bet on games for entertainment, so this doesnt pertain to everybody...

In my opinion, a game like this is unbettable unless your throwing down lunch money on it.

There are too many unknown variables. Anytime you make a major change to a teams chemistry unexpected results can or will happen. In my opinion, Devin Harris was a much better fit at the point than jason kidd. Kidd has had a great career and has accomplished a lot, including my respect, but he changes this team for the worse. He'll need weeks if not months to fit in and when he does I expect the team to start playing better ball. In summary, his presence creates change which imo creates unexpected results.

Also, two good teams playing each other leaves very little advantage either way

For newbies here or those looking to be serious about betting on games for the sole purpose of making money, I'd just like to point out that you need to cherry pick games and only make a play when the value is clearly on your side.

I like a big matchup just as much as anybody else and may even contradict myself and bet on it anyway, but at that point Im looking for entertainment and not so much paying attention to trying to win long term which is one of the major reasons most sports bettors lose long term.

Anyhoo, just thought I'd throw that thought in.
                      Last edited by Kevin; 02-28-2008, 06:26 AM.

Comment

Dallas 4-2 su last 6 meetings... lost last meeting by 2, & lost last year by 6 at home. I expect a close game. At 5 I think i would lean dog, but pretty tough going against the Spurs at home...
                        Champagne for my real friends, real pain for my sham friends...

Comment

Originally posted by Underdog88 View Post
                          Dallas 4-2 su last 6 meetings... lost last meeting by 2, & lost last year by 6 at home. I expect a close game. At 5 I think i would lean dog, but pretty tough going against the Spurs at home...
                          Good point but situation is different - Dallas have a new PG, Ginobili is not coming off the bench anymore .. just to name a few. I'm expecting a DD loss for Dallas. We shall see.

Comment

Wise Words

Kevin,
                            i just would like to to praise those wise words ....any capper can take that advice in...and true that sometimes we lose control and play plays that are exciting rather than wise...and for those people that would rather try to win then let the hype or anticipation of a big game.....me for being one to playing too many games that i shouldnt of played...but i guess cause i played those cause they were such highlight big games.....but i applaud u for that food for thought...:beerbang: CHEERS
                            DISCIPLINE AND SELF CONTROL....WILL HELP YOU CONQUER THIS GAME CALLED SPORTS CAPPIN.

MONTH OF APRIL
                            MLB STRONG PLAYS=9-2
                            MLB REGULAR PLAYS= 3-2

MONTH OF APRIL
                            NBA- 2-4

Comment

0-2 (-9u)

Oh boy, this has been a horrible day. :bang:

Comment

Working...
                              X