• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ***UDoggie's Monday NBA***

NBA 546-541-10 +94.66 units

First losing week in quite some time, looking to get back on track

Sixers -2.5-107

3 units

Philly- Good old fashioned Clips fade here. IMO Philly is the better team & should get the road win. I think Philly's guard play has a huge advantage tonight- Miller/Green with Louis Williams off the bench vs. Knight/Mobley & Ross? Give me Iggy over Maggette all day. Tim Thomas has a groin pull, & Mobley is coming off having food poisoning, so there's no telling how that affects their play. IMO Dalembert will keep Kaman busy, & the Sixers guards will take their team to victory.....
    Last edited by Underdog88; 03-03-2008, 03:26 PM. Reason: updated record
    Champagne for my real friends, real pain for my sham friends...

Leaning on the Knicks tonight, waiting to see if Randolph will be playing... Hornets on a b2b road game, off a 17 pt loss @ Washington. Many people look to back a good team after a bad loss, but looking at the Hornets past results, it seems as if that may not be the best option...

lost vs. Houston 100-80---------> lost @ SA 98-89

lost @ Utah 110-88--------------> won @ Phx 132-130

lost @ GS 116-103--------------> lost @ Sac 112-103

Earlier in the season they beat up on the Heat after a dd loss, but also won by 2 in ot @ home vs. Memphis in a similar situation. Just something that stuck out at me. I'm not sure how much merit it has, given the fact that SA, PHX, Sac are pretty strong home teams....In addition to that the Hornets haven't been destroying teams on the road lately, 3-3 su in thier last 6 road games....

Lost by 9 @ SA

won by 4 @ Mil

won by 14 @ Chi

won by 2 @ Phx

lost by 22 @ Utah

lost by 9 @ Sac

so in thier last 6 road games, they have only won 1 game by more than 4pts.

The Knicks have been playing pretty solid at home lately, beating Charlotte 113-89 last time out. They beat the Raptors su as dogs & took the Spurs to OT, losing by 6. I think this line is a bit inflated, & the Knicks can keep this close. However, I'm not sure I can play it without Randolph....

Comment

Isn't missing Randolph a GOOD thing? lol.

The guy blows....plays no defence, and takes many a bad shot...

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnyMapleLeaf View Post
        Isn't missing Randolph a GOOD thing? lol.

The guy blows....plays no defence, and takes many a bad shot...
        He is boneheaded for sure, but is still a big body underneath/ good rebounder. He's avg 17.5 ppg/ 10.2 rpg, but has averaged 25/ 11 vs the Hornets in their last 4 matchups. Jared Jeffries would start in his place, & I don't give them much of a chance at slowing down West with Jeffries.... IMO for a Knicks cover, they'll need a great game from Crawford, plus be able to outrebound the Hornets. JMO

Comment

Originally posted by Underdog88 View Post
          He is boneheaded for sure, but is still a big body underneath/ good rebounder. He's avg 17.5 ppg/ 10.2 rpg, but has averaged 25/ 11 vs the Hornets in their last 4 matchups. Jared Jeffries would start in his place, & I don't give them much of a chance at slowing down West with Jeffries.... IMO for a Knicks cover, they'll need a great game from Crawford, plus be able to outrebound the Hornets. JMO
          But the Knicks haven't even played N.O. yet this year, have they?

So those numbers are from when "Z-Bo" played with Portland, and were against a different/worse Hornets team. Do you think they're even relevant?

Comment

Originally posted by Stifler's Mom View Post
            So those numbers are from when "Z-Bo" played with Portland, and were against a different/worse Hornets team. Do you think they're even relevant?
            probably not too relevant lol... should have just said he's the #2 scorer/ #1 rebounder....

Comment

Hornets/ Knicks o97 1sth

1.5 units

Going to wait until halftime to (possibly) play on the knicks....

Comment

Dallas/Jazz- Seems as if every post i look at has the Jazz- pts. Could very well be the right side, but I think they aren't in quite as good of a situation as some would think. Although the Mavs are playing their 4th in 5, Utah is also playing their 5th in 7. Dallas has been playing good ball imo, & is off an ot loss to the Kobe's. It isn't like the Mavs have been losing badly on the road- 4 pt loss to LAL, 3 pt loss to the Spurs. I think the Mavericks can keep it within the number tonight, but am a bit hesitant going against a 25-3 home team. Considering the under as well, for a couple reasons...

Utah's first game home off b2b road games have been held under 200 pts this season....

L @ Clev
                L @ Indy

W vs. NJ 102-75

L @ SA
                L @ Dal

L Vs. Port 97-89

W @ Wash
                W @ Mem

W vs NO 110-88

Also, 6 of their last 7 home games have totaled under 200 pts...

Another reason I lean to the under is the Mavericks recent totals on the road....

108-104 OT @ LaL

97-94 @ Spurs

99-83 @ Min

98-83 @ Mem

104-93 @ NO

3 of the Maverick's last 14 road games have gone over 200.

Comment

Wow, can't believe how I won that 1sth over, but jesus, you'd think it would be gravy after a 58 point 1stq.... adding what I should have been on from the get-go, only at a crappy number.

Knicks+4.5 2ndh

Mavericks+5.5-102

2 units each

Lost value on both plays, hopefully it doesn't bite me in the ass..

Comment

Mavs/ Jazz u101 1sth

1.5 units

Comment

wow

Sixers -4-102

Sixers team o96

1.5 units each

Fading a lock on a play I already liked quite a bit....

Comment

Originally posted by Underdog88 View Post
                        Wow, can't believe how I won that 1sth over, but jesus, you'd think it would be gravy after a 58 point 1stq.... adding what I should have been on from the get-go, only at a crappy number.

Knicks+4.5 2ndh

Mavericks+5.5-102

2 units each

Lost value on both plays, hopefully it doesn't bite me in the ass..

Line goes from 6.5 to 5.5 and the game lands on 6. :puke:

Comment

Originally posted by EdwardHaney View Post
                          Line goes from 6.5 to 5.5 and the game lands on 6. :puke:

I stared at +6.5 all afternoon & didn't pull the trigger- I was close to buying up to 6, but by the time I played it would have been -120 :bang:

Luckily I added to the Sixers play.... 4-3 +1.61 units

Comment

Working...
                          X