76ers/LAC Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 76ers/LAC Discussion Thread

Im leaning heavily on the Clippers. This looks to be a big let down sport for the 76ers coming off that huge victory, this is also there 3rd game of thier 4road game tour of the western conference...

Anotyher cappers thoughts too.....

CLIPPERS
    Game: Philadelphia 76ers vs. Los Angeles Clippers Game Time: 3/3/2008 10:35:00 PM Prediction: Los Angeles Clippers Reason: I'm taking the points with the LA CLIPPERS. Recent results have given us excellent value with the home underdog Clippers. These teams faced each other at Philadelphia a few weeks ago. The 76ers won that game convincingly and have continued to play well ever since. The Clippers, on the other hand, have struggled since the game at Philadelphia. However, a closer look shows that the schedule hasn't been very kind to them either. Since the previous meeting, the Clippers have played only three teams with losing records. They played well in those games too as they won outright at Milwaukee, lost by two vs. Washington and defeated Memphis by double-digits. The other games came against the likes of the Jazz, Lakers, Celtics, Nuggets (at Denver), and Pistons. Their recent improved play notwithstanding, the 76ers don't belong in that group and represent a step down in class from LA's recent opponents. Note that the Clippers had recently been playing without center Kris Kaman but got him back for their last game. While he was "rusty" vs. the Pistons, the Clippers' leading rebounder is a huge part of the team and his return is significant. He should be much better with a game under his belt. Despite failing to cover at Detroit, the Clippers remain a profitable 19-13-1 ATS the last 33 times they were coming off three or more consecutive losses, 8-6 ATS in that role this season. Meanwhile, the 76ers, who come off an "offensive explosion" at Phoenix, are just 2-5 ATS (1-6 SU) after scoring 105 or more points in their previous game. The 76ers are 0-4 their last four trips here and 2-11 their last 13. I expect their struggles here to continue and for them to fall to 1-7 ATS the last eight times that they were road favorites of three points or less. *Non-Conference GOW
    NBA: About evenish

1 Unit = $50

To the new season :beerbang:

?? Just reposting tout write-ups?
    "Half of life is luck... the other half is discipline..."

Comment

man that aint my write up, above it i said another cappers thought...
      NBA: About evenish

1 Unit = $50

To the new season :beerbang:

Comment

What happened? I see the ML went from -140 to -200, and the spread jumped 2 points as well. Glad I got Philly early!! Although I think it's an easy DD win...

Comment

Well it's no secret that's Ben Burns... a HUGE public tout. I'd take anything he said lightly. Just reading his analysis you can see he doesn't offer any information you can't find out for yourself on covers.com. He's a bit "rusty" himself. :laughing:
          Last edited by Biff_Tannen; 03-03-2008, 06:46 PM.
          "Half of life is luck... the other half is discipline..."

Comment

Kaman is probably out.

Philly -5 is a wack line. I took the Clips +5 once it got that high. That line is way in the LAC favor.

Maybe I'm wearing my homer glasses for the Clips, lol, but this line should be a pick em at the most.

Guess we'll find out later....

Comment

It does worry me however that this dumb ass tout here has some kind of idiotic game of the week play on the Clips tonight though :bang:

Comment

Originally posted by Stifler's Mom View Post
                Kaman is probably out.

Philly -5 is a wack line. I took the Clips +5 once it got that high. That line is way in the LAC favor.

Maybe I'm wearing my homer glasses for the Clips, lol, but this line should be a pick em at the most.

Guess we'll find out later....

I think Philly should be favored, but -5 is a bit high. I'm pretty sure Tim Thomas will be out, plus Maggette is just getting over food poisoning. IMO with everyone healthy, Philly would win this game. For those that have books that offer props, I would look into a Miller pts prop. He should go off tonight....
                Champagne for my real friends, real pain for my sham friends...

Comment

Working...
                X