~~ BIFF'S 1 PLAY - MAR. 3rd ~~

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ~~ BIFF'S 1 PLAY - MAR. 3rd ~~

A small card tonight, but there's a few plays that I really like tonight.

First in the NBA I like the Jazz -5½. I know I got burnt last night on the Nets by fading the Spurs winning their last 5 on the road, but I think I might do it again. The Mavs are looking to cover their 5th straight on the road. Been far from impressive and probably low minutes on Terry tonight, this very likely to be my POD. What are the chances of this trend going down on back to back nights?

Then in college hoops I like a couple plays. First I like the UNDER in the San Diego game. First year head coach Grier has made this a very defensive minded team. They averaged over 75 points per game the last 3 seasons... this year they are averaging 64. Coincidence... NO. He knew that with the talent he had that was the best way to combat a very offensive WCC, and it's worked! This spread is god awful, as I would not lay any more than 10 with this team in a conference game. The WCC tournament is in San Diego, and honestly I think they could care less about this game, as they know they have the 3 seed locked up. I think this is more of a 60-45 type of game and should be well below this number.

I also like St. Mary's tonight -13. I know that's a big number and I just went against that, but St. Mary's is playing with passion tonight. If they pull a blowout tonight, it is going to make that loss to Gonzaga look not so bad, and they can pretty much count on an at large bid into the tournament. They have manhandled Portland in the past, and I don't think the 1000 fans that DO show up will be hard pressed to pump up a team without their point guard legacy Nik Raivio.

Back soon with the POD, but I'll probably be on all three of these in some fashion.

--

March Starting Bankroll = $5,000

March Current Bankroll = $4,700

--

March Past Results (1-1)

MARCH 1st = GONZAGA BULLDOGS (BB) -6 = WIN +$250
    MARCH 2nd = NEW JERSEY NETS +5½ = LOSS -$550
    Last edited by Biff_Tannen; 03-03-2008, 07:38 PM.
    "Half of life is luck... the other half is discipline..."

Ok, I know I haven't been good with picking the right forum lately, but deal.

I'm rolling with the Under tonight. I expect the Mavs to fall short, but I'm laying off the trend tonight. I do have a small play on the Jazz in a ML parlay. I'm also laying off St. Mary's tonight even though I think they'll run the house. I just feel I have a better read on the USD game. I think Grier will likely rest his scorers Jones, Johnson, Pomare as they are going to get Pepperdine or San Fran in the 2nd round on March 8th in the WCC tourny. Both teams that have given them some trouble. No reason for them to shoot the lights out or tax their starters. (and no, this isn't "senior night") This seems like an opportunity for a newly coached defensive team to perfect their domination against the sick donkey of the conference. I've been solid reading this team so far, let's hope it continues. I believe this is my first stab at college basketball total, so for what it's worth, tonight I'm on...

MARCH 3rd = LOYOLA MARYMOUNT/SAN DIEGO - UNDER 130½

*RISKING $275 to win $250.

Good Luck! :thumbs:

Comment

GL tonight Biff.

Comment

I like it Biff - read up on it as well and think the under is a good play...

GL tonight - :thumbs:

As for your other picks - UTAH is always tough at home (16-5-1 in last 22 meetings head-to-head and Utah is 26-11-1 ATS in last 38 home games.) I know I know - you don't care about ATS - but this game smells fishy...

I'm liking the 76ers -5 at Clips...

BTW - I'm tailing you on the LM/SD UNDER 129.5(for me)... Let's crush it!!!

Comment

The other two plays I liked tonight hit each by a point, the IRONY! I only took a small loss thanks to the ML parlay I had tonight. However, I couldn't have been more wrong about this total tonight. I think totals have a lot of value just due to the wider range you see with them as opposed to team spreads, they are just something I have not mastered yet. At least not in college basketball.

San Diego didn't sit any of its stars and they did in fact shoot the lights out on a very weak opponent and not even focus on defense in my opinion. They averaged over 75 points per game the past three seasons, and only 64 points per game this year. 100% due to the coaching change, and I feel this was very uncharacteristic game for this team this year. So I'll take my loss and make an pledge to continue to offer a warning if I ever decide to play a college total again, which is highly unlikely. Sorry to those who tailed, I hope the Jazz and Gaels made you money. Ready to stop the skid tomorrow, and lets hope I can do it because it is my birthday.

--

March Starting Bankroll = $5,000

March Current Bankroll = $4,425

--

March Past Results (1-2)

MARCH 1st = GONZAGA BULLDOGS (BB) -6 = WIN +$250
          MARCH 2nd = NEW JERSEY NETS +5½ = LOSS -$550
          MARCH 3rd = LOYOLA MARYMOUNT/SAN DIEGO - UNDER 130½ = LOSS -$275

Comment

Happy Birthday

Comment

Biff - pull it together and crush it tonight..

Comment

Working...
              X