• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EdwardHaney NBA Friday (03/14/08)

NBA OVERALL (-7.20 UNITS)

1 UNIT PLAYS: 23-30-1 (-10.00 UNITS)
    2 UNIT PLAYS: 1-1-0 (-0.20 UNITS)
    3 UNIT PLAYS: 1-0-0 (+3.00 UNITS)

1-1 yesterday with a couple of close ones. I was 1/2 a point away from being 2-0, but 1 point away from being 0-2. Where are the easy wins? Been a while since I've had a below .500 day however, and we have a nice big Friday night card.

I'll be unavailable most of the day, so once again I'm making some early plays.

San Antonio +3 -110
    Detroit

The Spurs are due for a good performance and a feel good win, but Detroit is entering this game off a home loss. This one is gonna be physical. Billups won't let his team lose this one, but Ginobili won't let his team lose either. Something's gotta give.

Charlotte
    Houston -11.5 -110

The Rockets have been my bread and butter, I'm just glad I got on board early because they're due to start blowing some of these covers eventually. The Bobcats have been able to string together some wins, and the Rockets could be looking ahead to their monstrous matchup on Sunday with the Lakers. But as long as the talking heads keep saying they aren't the real deal, they're going to keep playing with the same tenacity that has won them 20 games in a row.

Indiana
    Dallas -12 -110

The Mavericks (along with the Suns) keep looking better and better since their questionable trades. The schedule hasn't been nice to the Pacers and after a home game they are right back in Texas where they've been out-classed. But the Pacers have held their own against the Mavericks recently, so I wouldn't be shocked if they came in the back door in this one. I worry about the Mavericks not having the inside presence to make the Pacers pay for their perimeter-oriented style. If I suffer a really close loss, so be it. I'm going to take a chance though because I feel that the Mavericks will be the outright winner and be up by double digits for the majority.

Toronto
    Denver -9.5 -110 (2 UNITS)

The Raptors have had a tough stretch and are playing their 3rd game in 4 days. If the fatigue starts to settle in, Denver is not the place to be. The Nuggets are chasing the Warriors for the final playoff spot and I believe they will take this game as an opportunity to gain ground with Golden State's loss last night. I'll call this my favorite play of the day, and go for 2 units.

Good luck everybody!

GL with the Nugs. They are pretty good at home. I normally go against them.
    NCAA YTD: 2-3-2 -3.9 units.

"If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself, but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle." Sun Tzu- The Art of War

Comment

Working...
    X