• Show
Clear All

• NBA Wed 3/21

Milwaukee -3.5 (-105)
    Cleveland +3 (-106)

2 units each

Seattle -1.5

4 units
    Last edited by Stifler's Mom; 03-21-2007, 07:08 PM.

Loving the cavs as well tonite GL Stif

Comment

All over those Bucks Stif, GL :THUMBS:

Comment

GL stif.... on the cavs as well

Comment

Thanks guys. For some reason, I really like alll 3 of these plays tonight. The one I like the most though is Seattle.

I am adding 2 more units to it for a total of 4 units on Seattle at -1.5

This line is so out of whack. While Seattle isn't a great team, they do have a respectable 18-15 home record. They're a better team now that Rashard Lewis is back now too.

Washington on the other hand is just 11-20 SU on the road, and 4-10 in back to back games (home and away), with their last win on a back to back coming against Boston on Jan 20, who was without Paul Pierce then and getting stomped by everyone on their way to those nearly 20 straight losses.

The opening line of Seattle -4 was probably about right. Seattle -1.5 is horrible. IMO Washington has only about a 30% chance of covering the line tonight line....if that....which is why I've made it a 4 unit play.

Comment

GL Stif...:beerbang:

Comment

Great call on the Blazers last night...I knew it would be tight , but am stubborn LoL. I agree with Sonics tonight, but played the over. I'm hoping the Wiz come out hot so I can get more value with the Sonics 2ndh. Thinking it will be a Ray Allen/Arenas back & forth kind of night. GL tonight Stif....:th:
              Champagne for my real friends, real pain for my sham friends...

Comment

Originally posted by Underdog88 View Post
                Great call on the Blazers last night...I knew it would be tight , but am stubborn LoL. I agree with Sonics tonight, but played the over. I'm hoping the Wiz come out hot so I can get more value with the Sonics 2ndh. Thinking it will be a Ray Allen/Arenas back & forth kind of night. GL tonight Stif....:th:
                Looks like Ray Allen is out for the game.
                “So back during college basketball season my buddy Shecky tells me he’s got this system. He says it’s an absolute lock when you have this combination: Big East team, on the road, given less than 6 points with a white point guard.” ---Artie Lange in Beer League

Comment

Tough loss Stif but you have to admit Gilbert was great tonight. I lost a bet myself tonight by taking the under in the 2ndHalf. Funny I actually bet an under in a half where the total ended up 124 :bang: I was very proud of Chris Wilcox tonight by dropping 27 pts and 22 rebs. Not everyday you see a guy drop 20/20. He's definitely a player to watch. Sonics put up a great fight to end the game but in the end the Wiz prevailed.
                  “So back during college basketball season my buddy Shecky tells me he’s got this system. He says it’s an absolute lock when you have this combination: Big East team, on the road, given less than 6 points with a white point guard.” ---Artie Lange in Beer League

Comment

Yea, well what sucks is that Ray Allen was not listed as out, or even questionable on the injury report. I don't always look at those, but I made it a point to in this case because of the big line shift. I would still have made it a 2 unit play with no Allen, but not 4. Rediculous.

Wilcox....former Clipper, lol. He was average at the vest best with the Clips though. I think he fits into Seattle's style of play much better.

While I'm at it, the Clippers need a dominant big man, and a point guard who isn't hurt. While I think Sam Cassell is one of the best things to ever happen to the Clippers franchise (no way they take the Suns to 7 games last year without Sam), his constant little injuries are really starting to suck....and well, Livingston WAS doing OK as Sam's back up. He wasn't at the level to be a star or carry a team yet though, and who knows if he ever will be now. ****, I watched the Clips game last night I don't even remember the guy's name who was playing the point. Never heard of him.

And back to the dominant big man issue....I'm getting very tired of seeing Kaman bumble around out there, grab a few rebounds, and otherwise just get in foul trouble every night and have to sit. He'd be better as a back up....much better....and it's too bad the Clips failed to see the need to get a big guy before the deadline, because they have MOST of the roster positions filled with extremely good players.

I bet they're wishing they had given Livingston and Maggette for Garnett now. Rumor is that's what Minny wanted....and IMO the Clips vault right to a title contender with a guy like Kevin in the middle to compliment Brand, and get Mobley a few more looks from long range. There's a reason the Clips are near the bottom of the league in threes attempted and made....there's no need to leave anyone open on the perimeter when defending them....cause Mobley and Sammy can both shoot the 3 well when they're OPEN :bang:

Comment

Oh yea....the Clips defied Lawlor's law last night :beerbang:

Comment

Originally posted by Stifler's Mom View Post
                        Yea, well what sucks is that Ray Allen was not listed as out, or even questionable on the injury report. I don't always look at those, but I made it a point to in this case because of the big line shift. I would still have made it a 2 unit play with no Allen, but not 4. Rediculous.

I looked specifically to find the reason for the shift (I had played the total @ 211 when it dropped as low as 207), but found nothing even suggesting Allen would be out....
                        Champagne for my real friends, real pain for my sham friends...

Comment

I don't think anyone is gona wanna take Livingston now, JMO. Clipps are worthless, almost losing a 22 point lead tryn to make a playoff push, yikes. I agree w/ you on Kaman, he got his contract and money so he's pretty much done.

Comment

Yea, I know. I meant back before the trade deadline, I had heard or read somewhere that the T'wolves wanted Maggette, Livingston, and someone irrelevant for Garnett....and the Clips wouldn't give up Livingston.

I could sorta see their point, but at the same time, IMO with a quality big man, the Clips are built to win now. Cassell will play in the playoffs, and make a HUGE difference over the rook playing PG now. Although the sad fact remains that if they get there, they'll play Dallas in the 1st round and lose anyway.

Phoenix I believe they could give a run to, just like last year....but not Dallas. Reason being because Dallas plays better defense and smarter basketball. In a 7 game series, Phoenix will "let" just about any decent win at least one, if not two, by playing average defense, and having an bad offensive night. Then they'll blow the other team out at least once cause they'll be on fire. The other 3 or 4 games will decide the series. Mavs are far more consistant IMO.

I liked Kaman until this year. Now he could just go jump in the ocean as far as I'm concerned. I doubt anyone would miss him.

Comment

lol, yea I know what you mean. Personally, I want the Hornets to make it over the Clippers but I doubt that will happen. I just think there is too much talent on the Hornets for them to be out of the playoffs. I mean Paul, West, Mason and Chandler w/ Peja comming back in a week or so, it would just be a shame if they missed. Good luck w/ your Clippers though.

Comment

Working...
                              X