Clear All

• ***UDoggie's Thursday NBA***

NBA 639-633-11 +104.29 units

Blazers+11.5-102

Heat/Pistons u179.5

Mavericks+8.5-103

Mavs/Nuggets u214.5-105

2 units each
    Last edited by Underdog88; 03-27-2008, 06:48 PM.
    Champagne for my real friends, real pain for my sham friends...

Pistons off a road loss, & likely without Rip again. Once again, I don't see this as a game that the Pistons can really get up for. They're going to win this game, but I don't see how anyone in their right mind can lay 21 pts! I honestly don't think you can cap that- I fully expect Flip to play the bench & swap combinations of players on the court. At the same time I don't see how you can back the Heat at any number, especially after their last road game a 96-54 loss. One thing the Pistons have not lost is their defensive tenacity. I see this as a defensive low scoring affair. The last meeting between these two @ the Palace ended in a 100-95 Pistons win. In that game, the Heat shot over 50%, & Wade had 30 points. I don't see where the offense will come from tonight. I would be surprised to see the Heat get out of the 70's here, thinking something along the lines of a 96-76 final......

Comment

Blazers- Roy done possibly for the year, & Aldridge is a game time decision. GSW desperately need every win they can to keep pace with the Nuggets. However, I still don't think the Warriors should be favored by DD right now. They do not have a strong inside presence, & now Pietrus is hurt as well. The Warriors will have the advantage in the backcourt, but I would expect the Blazers to slow things down & focus on playing well defensively. In the Warriors last 10 games played they have won by more than 11 2 times. Those were both road games vs. the 2 worst teams in the league in Miami & the Clippers.

Leaning on the Dallas/Denver under. The only chance Dallas has is to slow down the pace & play a great defensive game. Howard, Terry, Kidd all are good defenders, but Bass will have to play well in Dirk's place for them to make it to the post season. I think the spread is a bit too high, but I don't think I will be fading the Nuggets here. Past history indicates this could be an under...

Comment

I don't know about that under Udogg. Normally, the Nugs arre a different monster at home. The crowd at home really fuels the Nuggets pace. They should be running at home, I know, I know the altitude affects away teams. But in recent games even against, bad teams, the nugs are able to score and run,IE Toronto, who is supposed to be a fairly good defensive team. Nets normally play slow the pace and they had to keep up cuz Nugs don't play D except for Camby and AC, Kmart
        NCAA YTD: 2-3-2 -3.9 units.

"If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself, but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle." Sun Tzu- The Art of War

Comment

Originally posted by Ming the Merciless View Post
          I don't know about that under Udogg. Normally, the Nugs arre a different monster at home. The crowd at home really fuels the Nuggets pace. They should be running at home, I know, I know the altitude affects away teams. But in recent games even against, bad teams, the nugs are able to score and run,IE Toronto, who is supposed to be a fairly good defensive team. Nets normally play slow the pace and they had to keep up cuz Nugs don't play D except for Camby and AC, Kmart
          I just think since the Spurs Detroit & Hornets all slowed the pace of game down @Denver, Dallas will make a strong effort to do the same. It gives the Mavs a better chance of winning, so you can bet Avery will be yelling at them to slow down. I normally do well playing Nuggets overs, but IMO today it stays under. GL Ming :thumbs:

Comment

Mavs+350
            Blazers+175 1stq

.25 to win 2.85 units

Comment

Heat & Pistons both shooting 75% :laughing:

Comment

Pistons -5.5 4thq

1.5 units
                Last edited by Underdog88; 03-27-2008, 08:23 PM. Reason: -5.5 not -4.5

Comment

Nice 33 point 3rd quarter there. Under looking good. I agree with your 4th quarter play as well but didn't hit it myself.

Comment

Quite the lineup the Heat have on the floor. Blake Aheard, Stephane Lasme, Alexander Johnson, Kasib Powell...this is an NBA team?

Comment

Working...
                    X