• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EdwardHaney NBA Sunday (04/13/08)

NBA OVERALL (+4.80 UNITS)

1 UNIT PLAYS: 44-40-2 (+0.00 UNITS)
    2 UNIT PLAYS: 2-1-0 (+1.80 UNITS)
    3 UNIT PLAYS: 1-0-0 (+3.00 UNITS)

Okay I haven't made any plays for over a week and a half. I was hot when I took a short break but I've been consumed by my job and still in fantasy land trying to let it sink in that the Jayhawks won the NC. Haven't been in the right frame of mind to be betting. I hate betting on late season NBA games anyways, but today was the first day for a while that I've been able to sit down and analyze with a clear mind.

The Houston/Denver game is very intriguing. Houston can still win the West if they win tonight. Denver will likely miss the playoffs if they don't win tonight (Golden State is going to win out IMO). To me this one looks like it might have a close ending. Both teams need it, but Denver needs it more. Denver is more inconsistent. Pepsi Center will be rockin though and the Nuggets could feed off the energy. I'll probably have to stay off this game unless something hits me later on as I'm watching the Rockets pre-game.

The game I'm really looking at though is Dallas/Seattle. Dallas has beaten Seattle something like 13 times in a row. They're coming off a loss last night to Portland. But this game is pretty meaningless for Dallas as they've already clinched and they can't move up to the 6th position (as if it matters). For the Sonics, it is likely their last game in Seattle ever. 91% are taking Dallas to cover. No thanks. I'll be glad to fade the public at the peak number while at the same time betting on the team that is in a better position emotionally. A lot of the players were quoted as saying they don't want to move to a new city and the fans will come out and support tonight and probably plea harder than ever for their team to stay in Seattle. I picture them playing hard and getting it done tonight. (No matter what happens in KeyArena tonight the truth is that the Sonics will not be in Seattle next year.)

Dallas
    Seattle +11 -110
    Last edited by EdwardHaney; 04-13-2008, 04:22 PM.

Big win by Denver. Nothing against Denver, they were one of my favorite teams growing up (mainly because KC has no team), but this Golden State team would have been fun to see in the playoffs again. They're still hanging on by a thread though. Gotta win at Phoenix tomorrow to keep hope alive.

Comment

Good call on the Sonics :thumbs:
      Champagne for my real friends, real pain for my sham friends...

Comment

Working...
      X