• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JohnnyMapleLeaf View Post
    (as per HDs smiley),.
    wasn't watching it, long game? :beer2:

Comment

Or how about Steve "the tortoise" Traschel...king of the 5 hour starts...god he is so slow...

That's one reason I love going to Halladay starts...guy is all business and doesn't waste any time....very fast....Buerhle too...

Comment

Or how about Steve "the tortoise" Traschel...king of the 5 hour starts...god he is so slow...

That's one reason I love going to Halladay starts...guy is all business and doesn't waste any time....very fast....Buerhle too...
        Or minor league games where at least the beer is cheaper(or its easier to sneak your own in). :beerbang:

Watching baseball on TV is pretty tough to do IMO. I love the Pirates will all my heart, and I'd consider myself a "die hard" fan, but good lord, who the hell can watch that much baseball on TV?:bang:

ESPN should be renamed to RYPLN(RedSoxYankeesPatriotsLakersNetwork). Because God knows they ain't care about nobody else :puke:

Comment

couldnt agree more about your last comment concerning espn. its headed and has been headed in an awful direction for a few years.

Concerning the nhl, if it is so exciting and great atmosphere why do none of the major networks carry the games? Now dont get on my case because one of the major networks could carry the stanley cup finals but i really dont know. Maybe its the league doing an awful job of marketing, but i dont think that is the case. and i find hockey fans few and far between these days. Maybe its my location geographically, but out of all of the people I know in my life from wherever, not many meaning less than 20 even talk about hockey. just my opinion though.

Comment

Originally posted by Daws1089 View Post
            couldnt agree more about your last comment concerning espn. its headed and has been headed in an awful direction for a few years.

Concerning the nhl, if it is so exciting and great atmosphere why do none of the major networks carry the games? Now dont get on my case because one of the major networks could carry the stanley cup finals but i really dont know. Maybe its the league doing an awful job of marketing, but i dont think that is the case. and i find hockey fans few and far between these days. Maybe its my location geographically, but out of all of the people I know in my life from wherever, not many meaning less than 20 even talk about hockey. just my opinion though.
            After the lockout, VS made the best offer. But I think this network is sort of big:

But then again, I don't know much.

Comment

:toss:

Comment

they show like a sunday game once in a while

Comment

they show like a sunday game once in a while
                  If by that you mean Saturday and every weekend, then I agree.

Comment

Odds To Win 2007-2008 NBA Title

Atlanta Hawks +15000

Boston Celtics +185

Cleveland Cavaliers +4346

Dallas Mavericks +3032

Denver Nuggets +4433

Detroit Pistons +685

Houston Rockets +4609

L.A. Lakers +387

New Orleans Hornets +1943

Orlando Magic +3751

Philadelphia 76ers +15000

Phoenix Suns +1042

San Antonio Spurs +831

Toronto Raptors +10000

Utah Jazz +1529

Washington Wizards +5000

Conference to win 2008 NBA title

Western Conference +109

Eastern Conference -125

Comment

Bos +185 & WC +109 :beer2:

Comment

Stones +685 :beer2:

Comment

Awesome discussion about possible upsets guys...:boog:
                          Champagne for my real friends, real pain for my sham friends...

Comment

I might take Nugs 1st game, but Lakers all the way after that. Lean towards over just cuz nugs don't play D, and Lakers haven't played d lately in their last few games, except in 4th qtr.
                            NCAA YTD: 2-3-2 -3.9 units.

"If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself, but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle." Sun Tzu- The Art of War

Comment

Originally posted by homedawg View Post
                              I'm thinkin' philly...
                              will lose in 5? Me too...
                              gotta happen in 6

Comment

i will wait. hey, i could be crazier and take atlanta lol

:beer2:

Atlanta was +3500 to win the series before game 1, maybe even higher at some point. Who knows what it was before game 3, but congrats to anyone who was willing to play on that- would be a great hedging opportunity game 7. Game 7 Boston ML is -2000. So if you played the Hawks to win +3500, you could just put up -2000 to win 1 unit LOL, & get the Hawks +1500 for a free play. Damn you vegas....
                                Champagne for my real friends, real pain for my sham friends...

Comment

Working...
                                X