Watching the NBA Playoffs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Watching the NBA Playoffs

Is such a huge waste of time, IMHO. Could it be any more predictable? Honestly?

Home teams (sans the beat up Rockets who are missing their starting all-world Center and starting Point Guard) are 14-1. And the better team won in Houston too everyone will admit. So basically, 1 game went not as predicted out of 17 that have been played as of right now and if Houston wins tonight in the toughest place to play in the NBA, hell has frozen over. Even if you thought the Rockets had a chance to win Game 1 (which I'm not sure if they were favored or not, I'd imagine yes), then at most it's 2 games out of 17.

There is quite possibly nothing worse in sports than the first round of the NBA Playoffs. It takes half a century to complete the round of games and 85% of it is unwatchable basketball. How many woodshed beatings has their been already? 8-10? Two sweet games tonight so far, eh?

NBA Action, it's (not at all) faaaaaaaaaantastic.... :puke:
    Last edited by CuseFan10; 04-24-2008, 10:07 PM.

Cold night in hell...

Houston 94

Utah 92

Comment

Ha, I know. Of course, after I post that a team that was 2-30 down at halftime in the last 2 years on the road (or whatever that stat was they showed) comes back to beat the best home team in the league over the past two years.

Funny.

Comment

if its that predictable why aren't you betting it?

Comment

lol...Cuse...can you say that the Raptors have a snowballs chance in hell to beat the Magic?

Rockets win notwithstanding...I agree....NBA playoffs is boring, IMO....especially when compared to march madness...

Comment

Originally posted by Daws1089 View Post
            if its that predictable why aren't you betting it?
            Because I don't bet on the NBA. I'll maybe play 1 game a month on the NBA and it's usually just tossing a money line fave into a parlay like I did the other night with the Magic.

My point, until I went off on a wiseass tangent, the NBA Playoffs are hideously boring compared to the MLB Playoffs, March Madness, the NHL Playoffs and the NFL Playoffs. I know last year had Golden State beat Dallas and that was fun to watch, but overall is a snoozefest or faves advancing all the way through. Anyone could have predicted the Lakers, Hornets, Spurs, and Jazz would all advance in the West and in the East the Celtics and Pistons are obvious no-brainers and Magic and Cavaliers will proably adavance too via home court domination.

Where's the intrigue was my point I guess... :thumbs:

Comment

I agree...at the start of the year, it is quite obvious there are only a handfull of teams that have any real chance of making the NBA finals. Whereas in the other three major sports, there are always surprise teams that make runs...

Comment

thats the attitude you get, when your team don't make the playoffs.. :beer2:

there have been some good games to watch so far, and they get better, deeper in the playoffs. :beerbang:

Comment

I don't know, I think watching LeBron dominate that series last year and score however many points in a row was amazing and of course the warriors series. I kind of like to see the playoffs because I'm finally getting to watch some good teams play that I rarely saw all season long i.e. the hornets, magic and houston. Not sure if houston is good, but I rarely got to watch them this year and I enjoy watching mcgrady.

I understand your points about the excitement, but I'm down for any game I guess. I just love basketball so I would watch the griz and knicks if it came down to it.

Speaking of other sports, how about the montreal/philly game last night. Great game.

Comment

[QUOTE=homedawg;148356]thats the attitude you get, when your team don't make the playoffs.. :beer2: QUOTE]

My team is the 76ers. Nice try though.

Comment

Suns vs Lakers playoff series 2 years ago when Kobe took over in the last 20 seconds of 2 games (forcing one to go into OT and forget exactly the circumstances of the other) was the most exciting stuff I have still seen in any sporting event I can recall...anyone remember what I talking about?(Reggie Miller type stuff)

IMHO
                      Last edited by SRN1985; 04-25-2008, 02:11 PM.
                      "Assumption is the mother of all f**k-ups!"

Comment

Originally posted by Daws1089 View Post
                        I don't know, I think watching LeBron dominate that series last year and score however many points in a row was amazing and of course the warriors series. I kind of like to see the playoffs because I'm finally getting to watch some good teams play that I rarely saw all season long i.e. the hornets, magic and houston. Not sure if houston is good, but I rarely got to watch them this year and I enjoy watching mcgrady.

I understand your points about the excitement, but I'm down for any game I guess. I just love basketball so I would watch the griz and knicks if it came down to it.

Speaking of other sports, how about the montreal/philly game last night. Great game.
                        YEP! i love it too! All of it....

But thats just me.,...
                        NBA: About evenish

1 Unit = $50

To the new season :beerbang:

Comment

Originally posted by CuseFan10 View Post

My team is the 76ers.

Comment

Shake it girlll..........

Clearly, Mo Cheeks and Rick Adelman used my thread to motivate their teams. SIXERS BABY!!!!!

Comment

the +1050 still lookin' good :beer2:

Comment

Working...
                              X