Pizza anyone?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pizza anyone?

CLEVELAND -- Papa John's Pizza issued an apology to Cleveland and the Cavaliers for making T-shirts with LeBron James' number and the word "crybaby" under it.

To apologize, Papa John's will sell Cleveland residents a large, one-topping pizza for 23 cents (James' jersey number) Thursday. The company also will donate $10,000 to the Cavaliers Youth Fund.

:beer2:

To: The City of Cleveland

From: Irene & Abe Pollin, owners of Washington Wizards, and John "Papa John" Schnatter, owner and founder of Papa John's Pizza

Dear Cleveland:

On behalf of the Washington Wizards, and Papa John's Pizza all around Washington, D.C., we would like to apologize for our stupidity and ignorance in regards to one of your icons, LeBron James.

At the time, we thought we could get inside your boy's head. We thought we could mess him up before the series even started.

Man, were we so wrong?

Instead of knocking him off his game, he stepped it up another notch. He flat out ripped us a new one.

It kind of bites us in the ass to know that we could have traded up for him, but we didn't think that far ahead into the future. Instead, our players will have to sit at home and watch TIVO'd reruns of "The Hills" and “American Idol.”

We would also like to apologize for Mr. Brendan Haywood's immature comments prior to the ending of the series.

Even though it made a great sound bite for the series, we would like to make it known that we do not condone our players turning themselves into inconsiderate third graders.

Know that Mr. Haywood has been placed into timeout and his Playstation 3 was taken away for one week.

I (Papa John) would like to apologize for the creation of the shirt that most likely cursed the Wizards more than doing them some good. The shirt was boring, not thought out, and irresponsible.

Besides, we couldn't even get the team's color on the shirts prior to game time.

Even though the fans won't be as apologetic as we are, just know that I would have loved to give you all free pizzas, but I still have to earn a profit... So I can pay for the shirts, of course.

Hopefully the pizza will be enough to make up for our ignorance.

We (The Pollins) again apologize on behalf of our fans, our team, and our pizza chain. Good luck against Boston in the next round. Hopefully, they don't make the same mistake we did.

And as an added bonus, please accept this coupon for free breadsticks and use it when you order your $0.23 pizza.

With our Humble Apologies,

The Pollins and Papa John's

__________________________________________________ _____________

I knew that was a bad business move, when I seen it in the sundays paper.. :laughing:

Lol!
    Delivering previews and picks to your computer 365/days a year!

Comment

I hope they take it in the ass tomorrow! These local outlets should send the bill to the washington chain stores! :thumbs:
      Gonna get me some! :beer2:

Comment

I'm sure the Cleveland area pizza makers and delivery drivers are tickled at the proposition of going into work tomorrow! lol. Going to be 3 hour delivery time and a board full of orders piling up all night. Papa John's is gross anyway...but I'd have to take up that offer!

Comment

Papa johns was by far the best when they first came out! :thumbs: Still better than most chains, but now, its better to get your pizza pie from a local (non-chain). :beer2:

Comment

Originally posted by homedawg View Post
            Papa johns was by far the best when they first came out! :thumbs: Still better than most chains, but now, its better to get your pizza pie from a local (non-chain). :beer2:
            I agree...I always order from Toronto's Little Italy from "mom & pop" Italian restaurants. Fresh dough, flavourful homemade sauce with herbs, fresh toppings, not skimpy, etc. It amazes me that people order from the chains...cardboard and ketchup...
            Last edited by JohnnyMapleLeaf; 05-07-2008, 06:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnyMapleLeaf View Post
              cardboard and ketchup...
              :laughing: My thoughts EXACTLY!
              There's nothin' like the local "mom & pop"! They dont have to pay the chain, so they can give better quality, & more toppings! :thumbs:

Comment

Walkin orders only, no phone, no internet orders.

I just went down to the papa johns, there are some 300 people in line already. :eeek:
                The plaza this pizza joint is in, is packed, cops are there, traffic jammed everwhere.
                This joint is about a mile from my home, and there are cars parked all the way up my street, and loads of people walking down there to get 1 per person 23cent pizza.

:nuts:

Comment

Working...
                X