• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thor's NBA Hoops 2008 Playoffs:Friday 5/9

...YTD...287-236-9...Reg Season
    ...YTD...28-26-1...2008 Playoffs

LA Lakers (63-25) at Utah (58-32)....{LA Lakers Lead 2-0 in Series}

LA Lakers are Coming into Tonites Game Playing Great Winning 10 Straight Games Including 6 of Those in Playoffs by Sweeping Houston..4-0....Utah is Down 0-2 to LA Lakers and Only 13 Teams have came Back from 0-2 Down in 7 Game Series and Still Won..One of Those Teams was Utah just Last Year Vs those Same Houston Team that LA Lakers Sweep to Beat Houston in 1st Round and Utah Won last Year with a Road Game 7 W....So Utah is in the Same Place as Last Year going Back to Their House were at the EnergySolutions Area Utah was 37-4 During the Reg Season and 39-5 Adding the Playoffs..But One of the Reg Season Loses was Vs LA Lakers on March 20th..(Without Center Pau Gasol Playing)..and Ending the Utah Home Winning Steak at 19 Games (Which was a Record Tying Home Streak by Utah)..LA has Been Solid Playing in the Post Season (And even Before) 6-0 Not Losing a Game..Plus LA has Won 14 of Their Last 15 Games Played...(Which Utah was 3-16 at Staples Center All-Time vs LA and 0-4 this Season)..Stats/Trends...LA is 8-0 ATS in Last 8 Games Played Overall....Utah is 6-2 ATS as the Favorite in Last 8 as the Fav...Over is 11-5 in Last 16 Meetings between LA and Utah..Over is 21-7 when Utah is VS a NBA Pacific Team in Last 28 Games...Also Utah got to Watch Kobe get his MVP Award while Playing Them by Commissioner Stern...LA Took Off to a 33-18 1st Q Lead and Never Looked Back in Game 2..Also Once Time Utah Guard Derek Fisher Scored 22 Points Including Hitting 4 Treys with the Last One Coming with a LA 7 Point Lead to Seal the W Pretty Much Inceasing the LA Lead to 104-94 Lead...The Lakers Shot 57.4% from the Floor and Utah Shot 44.6% from the Floor...BUT the BIG Difference was the Free Throw Shooting Amounts were LA had 43 FT's (Yes Some were at End of Game But Still High) Hitting 35 of them for 81.4%...While Utah ONLY Shot 16 FTs Hitting 13 of Them for 81.2%...But Only 16 Free Thows (That is an Average of Only 4 FTs per Each Quarter)...Huge Difference of Almost 3 Times the Amount of FTs...Good Home Court Advantage..Utah Boozer had a Very Bad Game going Scoreless in 1st Half with 3 Fouls to Deal with and Got his 3rd with Only 19 Seconds into 2nd Q...Guard Deron Williams Finished with 25 Points but Only 3 Points in 1st Half...(1 for 6 Shooting Treys)..By Boozer and Williams Not Getting into an EARLY Rhythm to Start Game 2 Utah was not able to Get Going the way they would have Liked...Also Matt Harpring was Only 2 for 9 in Game 2 and 4 for 17..(23.5% Shooting in Series) and is Struggling..Then on the Rebounding Side of the Ball..LA Lakers Odom had 16 of LA Lakers 37 Rebounds while Utah did Outrebound LA and did have 41 Rebounds...But Big Difference was that LA Only had 16 Offensive Rebounds which Greatly Increased LA Lakers 2nd Chance Scoring ABILITY while Utah Only had 4 Total..Repeat 4 TOTAL Off Rebounds...Offensively Tonite Utah Must "Click" and Play a Great Game with Those 3 Players Stepping Up at Home with Crowd Support and LA Lakers is Due for a Average or Off Nite After All of those Wins/and Be Games that REsulted into a Winning Streak and will be Happy to Be Back to their Home Court were they have Had that Great Home Court Advantage with the 39-5 OVERALL Record with a Fast Pace Game (Look for D Williams to REALLY PUSH the Ball up the Court Tonite)...Maybe the Fastest of Any of the Games So Far...So..

Pic: Utah -5

Pic: LA Lakers/Utah...Over 215

Hoop Time..!!

Good Luck to Everyone...Hammer em..!!
    Lo there do I See my Father.....Lo there do I See my Mother.....and My Sisters and My Brothers... Lo there do I See the Line of My People Back to the Beginning...Lo they do Call to Me...They Bid Me...Take My Place Among Them...In The Halls of VALHALLA...Where the Brave...May Live...FOREVER..!!

2nd Half Pics LA Lakers/Utah: Game 3

2nd Half Pics:

Pic: Utah +1 1/2
    Pic: LA Lakers...Over 108 1/2

BOL to All..:sm:

Hoop Time..!!

Good Luck to Everyone...Hammer em..!!
    Lo there do I See my Father.....Lo there do I See my Mother.....and My Sisters and My Brothers... Lo there do I See the Line of My People Back to the Beginning...Lo they do Call to Me...They Bid Me...Take My Place Among Them...In The Halls of VALHALLA...Where the Brave...May Live...FOREVER..!!

Comment

Well......BOOZER had 2 Free Throws at end of GAME and ONLY Had TO HIT 1 OF 2 shots AND That DAMN Duke BBall Player ONLY HITS.....ZERO...Can Not even hit 1 Freaking FT.....UNREAL.....I Would have at Least HIT 2 of 4 Pics Tonite....BUT NOOOOOOOO....Damn Dukie Can not even make 1 FT...Cost me the Side at -5...Get Push and Loose 2nd Half Total...Only 108 2nd Half Pts and I Just Needed 1 More...so a 0-3-1 Nite...Should have been 2-2 Nite..My 12 Year Old Girl would have hit 1 and Most Likely Both FTs....Maybe Boozer is Helping Pay Back some of his $$$ Education......BOL to All the REST of the WAY..:sm:...I THINK I"M DONE......!!!!

Comment

Tough beat for sure Thor, no way that should have even been close... keep your head up still way too much ball left to throw in the towel :thumbs:
        Champagne for my real friends, real pain for my sham friends...

Comment

Working...
        X