One game, one play....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One game, one play....

I know i haven't played any nba in forever. I've been too busy to attempt to follow and handicap more than one sport, and chose to do baseball as soon as April rolled around, instead of finishing out nba and then trying to catch up with what was going on in baseball come june.

Anyway, I really like one play today.....

Cavs ml +345

2 units

To me, Lebron is the best all around player in the league. An argument could easily be made for Kobe, but, Kobe won't be participating in this game. Therefore, Lebron is easily the best player in this game. I do not believe he will allow his team to come up short here....that's what great players do.

Boston had a great season, but during these playoffs their true colors are showing a bit. They can't win a road game to save their ass. That is a tell tale sign of a team who just isn't as good as they appear to be. It's also gotta put some doubt in their minds as to how good they really might be. I mean it's not like they're not trying to win on the road. They just can't. Not at Atlanta, not at Cleveland. FREAKIN ATLANTA!! Yea, i know, Atlanta was pretty good this year, and they're obviously a team (finally) headed in the right direction....but really, if you're the big bad Celtics, you should be able to take at least 1 of 3 on their floor. But no, they couldn't.

So now it's game 7, the Celts are back home, and they're just supposed to be able to turn it on and beat the best player in the nba and his team, who has been here before. These guys took Detroit last year to get to the finals, including coming back from an 0-2 start to the series, and taking game 5 in Detroit en route to winning 4 straight and taking the series.

Boston just hasn't been in this type of spot either, unless you count the game 7 vs Atlanta, or unless you're gonna count the championship experience of Sam Cassell, who isn't even a starter. Ray Allen and K.G. have some playoff experience, and Pierce may have played in a few meaningless first round losses with Boston (i forget, lol), but these guys, as a team, have not played in a game anywhere near this meaningful, and most of the role guys on this team have zero meaningful game experience.

You just can't win every home game forever when you're facing this type of competition, and I think the Celtics find that out today, when Lebron and the Cavs make the Celts road ineptness hurt....for the rest of the summer, as their experience and the pure talent and drive of Lebron takes this game over late and leads to a Cavs SU win.

At least that's how I see it, lol

Originally posted by Stifler's Mom View Post
    and Pierce may have played in a few meaningless first round losses with Boston (i forget, lol)
    Pierce took his team to the Eastern Conf. finals a couple years back. They played the Nets and lost. but in any case gl.

Comment

game 7 line at 8 pts, doesn't it look like the books want Clevland action?

Comment

gl stif...on the otherside myself in a big way, but as always goodluck...just had to say something about your statement about lebron being the best all around player in the league.....sorry bro, but it's not even close...Kobe's the best all around player in the league, and it really isn't even close.....lebron might be the best player in this game today, but he's in no way the best player in the league....ok...sorry for the rant...goodluck on the game...one more thing...u put this cavs team in the west and they might not even be a playoff team...just my 2 cents...ok seriously, i'm done now...sorry again...just had to get this off my chest...gl bro..:thumbs:

Comment

refs keeping the cavs in this one for ya stif!!! GL... should be a great finish

Comment

Originally posted by Skinsfan View Post
            refs keeping

controlling the game! :thumbs: nba, is so obviously fixed! :beer2:

I'm just happy to have been on the right side!$$$$

Comment

Originally posted by homedawg View Post
              controlling the game! :thumbs: nba, is so obviously fixed! :beer2:

I'm just happy to have been on the right side!$$$$

isn't it pretty obvious the nba is doing everything they can to make sure its celtics/lakers in the finals for those ratings and revenue
              ****all plays 4.4 units to win 4 units unless otherwise noted****

NBA 20-22 -16.8 units
              NHL 1-0 +4.0 units
              MLB 0-1 -4.8 units
              CFB 12-6-1 +21.6 units

Comment

no comment. :guzzle:

Comment

Originally posted by dananderson32 View Post
                  isn't it pretty obvious the nba is doing everything they can to make sure its celtics/lakers in the finals for those ratings and revenue
                  I've heard this argument fro ma few different places and not sure why people think they Celtics and Lakers would get huge ratings? No one cares about the Celtics, this isn't the mid 80's ya know?

Comment

Originally posted by CuseFan10 View Post
                    I've heard this argument fro ma few different places and not sure why people think they Celtics and Lakers would get huge ratings? No one cares about the Celtics, this isn't the mid 80's ya know?
                    not to spam up stifflers thread but cuse i think the nba would love the fact of having the so called "big 3" in their first year together vs. LA and that big market with kobe and the new addition of gasol, plus the nba doesn't want Detroit or San Ant. in the finals as seen last year with the terrible ratings the finals got even with lebron but the boring ass San Ant. team, plus you got a whole east coast/west coast type market thing with the lakers/celtics, and ESPN and stations like them would hype the **** out of that finals matchup with all the flashbacks to the 80's etc...i could careless who the nba has in the finals....the league sucks since the mid to late 90's IMO.......but i think they want celtics/lakers in the finals
                    ****all plays 4.4 units to win 4 units unless otherwise noted****

NBA 20-22 -16.8 units
                    NHL 1-0 +4.0 units
                    MLB 0-1 -4.8 units
                    CFB 12-6-1 +21.6 units

Comment

Dan- I agree it's the most sexy match-up, I just don't think it will get significantly higher ratings. I 'm probably wrong though.

Comment

i disagree.... the refs, at least in game 6 and 7, were stroking lebron's cock to no end

Comment

i disagree.... the refs, at least in game 6 and 7, were stroking lebron's cock to no end
                          :thumbs:
                          Champagne for my real friends, real pain for my sham friends...

Comment

i agree.....:thumbs:

Comment

I could not agree more and I am a Cavs fan. Refs cost me in Game 6, IMO. I had Boston.
                              Go Boilers!
                              thru 2/3

NCAAF ’20 215-187-5 +75.19
                              NCAAF ’21 200-169-7 +37.80
                              NCAAF '22 239-216-14 +24.41

NFL ’20 128-110-8 +50.21
                              NFL ’21 94-102-3 -15.37
                              NFL '22 186-165-9 +54.63

NCAAB ’21-22 908-771-42 +196.07
                              NCAAB '22-23 510-488-9 -43.13

NHL '20-21 171-154-2 +42.97
                              NHL ’21-22 223-241-5 -65.79