• Show
Clear All

• ***Udoggie's NBA Finals***

Regular season 709-699-11 +117.20 units

Playoffs 87-80-3 +32.79 units

Updated record includes future losses, with just one still kickin'

Celtics win it all +240

2 units

I'm leaving the futures alone for now. Lakers-175 is pretty steep IMO considering they don't have home court. I simply don't believe the Lakers will win all three home games, so I think in order for them to win, they'll have to steal one of the first two. The fact that this number is so high worries me, as I would have made the series a pick em. Lakers have the edge in coaching as well as the best player on the court. The Celtics have home court & the better defense. Should be great to watch. I do think the home team takes game 1 so...

Celtics-1.5-105 1sth

Celtics-138 full game

Lakers/Celtics o191.5-107

2 units each

The total opened at 195, yet has dropped down to 191.5? I have to play it... the Lakers will most likely look to push the ball, & IMO a 45% shooting performance by both teams should produce a number over the total. I think this will be a closely played game- throwing out a 99-97 final C's win.
    Champagne for my real friends, real pain for my sham friends...

bol in the finals udog.

Comment

good luck Udoggie with ya on the celtics game 1, not sure about the total... both teams are off for a bit and not many teams have come to the boston and shoot better than 45% and the lakers 2 losses to the celtics they shot 37.5, and 42% respectively, so im pickiing the under. Good luck with the finals

Comment

:bang: :bang:

Comment

horrid 2nd quarter, was so close to playing 1stq instead. Total will be a nailbiter IMO....

Lakers team u47+103

Celtics-1.5 3rdq

Lakers/C's u48-105 3rd quarter

2 units each

Comment

Well thanks to the 4th quarter slowdown, the over misses & I lose some juice. Going out of town for the week today, & I'll be taking time off posting for the duration of it. I'll still be playing this series, but just sides. I have the next 3 games mapped out as follows...

Sunday

Celtics+1-102

3 units

Boston wins the series 4-2 +560

Celtics team u95+100

Lakers team u95.5-105

half unit each

Game 3

-if Celtics win game 2, Lakers ats up to 7.5 for 3 units

-if series is tied 1-1, no play for game 3

Game 4

Celtics ML for a 2 unit wager

This is how I will wager these games. Game 4 is a ml play on the C's regardless of what the series is at. I will be back Sunday to evaluate how things have progressed. Basically this is how I expect things to go.....

C's win tonight

Lakers win tuesday

C's win Thursday

If the series is split going into LA, I would no longer consider them a strong play, which is why I will lay off game 3 altogether should LA win tonight. This could potentially ruin my whole scenario. Boston will win a game in LA IMO....

As for tonight, I simply can't pass up on a line that has moved more on perception than reality. Everyone is playing up the Pierce injury- I think he'll be ok. Bottom line is a great home team is now dogged, when the line opened at -2. 3 point swing on perception, no other choice but a play on the C's. Smaller play on the team totals, but I think this will be a defensive game. Thinking the winner gets into the low 90's.

That's it for me until Sunday.... GLTA :beerbang:

Comment

Originally posted by Underdog88 View Post
              Game 4 is a ml play on the C's regardless of what the series is at. I will be back Sunday to evaluate how things have progressed. Basically this is how I expect things to go.....

C's win tonight :thumbs:

Lakers win tuesday :thumbs:

C's win Thursday :beerbang:

Back a little early from vacation. Things went as planned from a su standpoint. The game 3 line was -9.5 so it was a no play- thankfully the line wasn't set at 7.5, as I would have lost anyway. Game 4 was just perfect though, as I got +285 on the Celtics. Damn near fell out of the chair I was sitting on when I called to place that wager. Some pretty inflated lines in LA! Books throwing a 7 out there, when just 1 game was decided by more than 6. Not sure I can back the Celtics here though, I think Kobe will lead the Lakers to victory. Only question to me is whether I sit on the sidelines or lay the chalk. Also thinking the total is a bit high. Be back with some thoughts...

Comment

Lakers-7-104

4 units

Lakers team o99.5-105

Lakers-300

Lakers-4 1sth

2 units each

Lakers-12.5+200

Lakers/
                Celtics o197.5+190

1 unit each

Seriously considering a play on the Lakers ML. I can grab -300 right now @ 5D, & don't expect any major moves honestly. I am pretty confident they get the su win (obviously given the larger play ats). Should they lose, my future @ +240 cashes so it's not that large of a risk- laying 6 to win 2 units & losing would be a 1.2 unit loss including the future play. In a perfect world, the Lakers win & cover tonight, then the C's finish them in 6, & I cash the half unit future on Bos in 6 +560....
                Last edited by Underdog88; 06-15-2008, 03:27 PM. Reason: added plays

Comment

hey UD, hope all is well.

What are your thoughts on 1st quarter bet tonight of Lakers -2?

I'm thinking Lakers come out strong. I still think -7 is good for the game, but just wondering your thoughts on 1Q.

Comment

Originally posted by stillmatic View Post
                    hey UD, hope all is well.

What are your thoughts on 1st quarter bet tonight of Lakers -2?

Normally when I look into playing a 1st quarter, I expect a team to come out gangbusters. While I'm not sure if LA comes out firing, I would think Lakers or no play. IMO playing them 1sth may be the better option for a couple reasons.

The Lakers traditionally come out 1stq with Kobe looking to get his teammates involved & into a rythym. If Boston comes out fired up it could be tight. The Lakers jumped ahead 35-14 1stq last game, something I think the C's will be focused on preventing tonight. Not saying it couldn't happen again, but I am wary of a 1 pt lead or tie going into the 2ndq. The Lakers have fared pretty well in the 2ndq, outscoring the C's 30-23 game 1 (after trailing 1stq by 2) & 23-17 game 3 (after a 20-20 1stq). In game 4, they were outscored 26-23 2ndq, but were still up dd at the end of the 1sth. For these reasons I would lean harder to the 1sth -4.5. JMO, hope ya cash stillmatic :thumbs:

Comment

hope you had a good vaca, UD, GL bro!
                      :beer2:
                      ...toke on...

Comment

Originally posted by Underdog88 View Post
                        Normally when I look into playing a 1st quarter, I expect a team to come out gangbusters. While I'm not sure if LA comes out firing, I would think Lakers or no play. IMO playing them 1sth may be the better option for a couple reasons.

The Lakers traditionally come out 1stq with Kobe looking to get his teammates involved & into a rythym. If Boston comes out fired up it could be tight. The Lakers jumped ahead 35-14 1stq last game, something I think the C's will be focused on preventing tonight. Not saying it couldn't happen again, but I am wary of a 1 pt lead or tie going into the 2ndq. The Lakers have fared pretty well in the 2ndq, outscoring the C's 30-23 game 1 (after trailing 1stq by 2) & 23-17 game 3 (after a 20-20 1stq). In game 4, they were outscored 26-23 2ndq, but were still up dd at the end of the 1sth. For these reasons I would lean harder to the 1sth -4.5. JMO, hope ya cash stillmatic :thumbs:
                        Great insight, thanks as always UD! Hope you cash tonight as well.

How are you taking Tim Russert's death? I know he was a Buffalo guy like yourself. Honestly, I didn't think his death would hit me as hard as it did. He was truly a great man and really one of a kind. This upcoming election would have been his time to shine, such a shame to see him go at such an early age.

Comment

GL UD :beerbang:

Comment

Thanks Rah, Stillmatic & HD :thumbs:

Terrible 2nd quarter to blow the 1sth play- hope you ignored my reasoning stillmatic :hide:

Still think the Lakers pull away late though.....

Lakers team o24.5 4thq

1 unit

Comment

IMO, the books are beggin' for celt $$$ right now. :beer2:

Comment

Working...
                              X