btk NBA Thursday Barkley's

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• btk NBA Thursday Barkley's

Looking into New Orleans +4 at Phoenix. Both teams played last night and will have to travel to Phoenix. I generally like to fade teams traveling who play on B2B nights but with both teams on the move I tend to lean with the younger Hornets in this one. Phoenix also with a big win in San Antonio last night, possibly an early let down game? NO didn't have to many problems putting up 108 last night and shouldn't have a problem with the defensless Suns who allowed 98 points to a Spurs team minus Ginobli.

Also going to be watching a potential first quarter trend tonight with teams, who have played one or more games, playing openents in their first game of the season. The play would be on the teams who are playing their first game of the season. Last season the the team playing their first game of the year against an opponnent with one or more games under their belt was 7-0 in the first quarter.

Wed Oct. 31 2007

San Antonio @ Memphis: Memphis ahead after 1 QT 26-23

Thursday Nov. 1 2007

Milwakee @ Charlotte: Charlotte 24-18
    Dallas @ Atlanta: Atl 29-19
    NYN @ Cleveland: Knicks 34-32
    Washington @ Boston: Celtics 21-18
    Denver @ Minnesota: Minnesota 27-21
    Golden State @ LA Clippers: LAC 34-27

Now all of these teams, with the exception of the knicks were at home. Obviously this trend would only be available the first 3-4 days of the season but it may be somthing worth noting. Tonights plays would be the Charolette Bobcats @ Cleveland and the Dallas Mavericks vs. Houston Rockets. So far this season the trend is 0-2 with

Milwakee @ Oak: Milwakee 24-14
    LA Lakers @ LA Clippers: Lakers 30-27

will be looking up the 2006-2007 season totals for the trend and posting them later. Might be a long shot but could be somthing to keep in the back of our minds. Persoally like the Mavs in the first QT tonight anyway.

2006 Trend Results
    1-1-1

Nov. 1, 2006

Phoenix vs LA Clippers: Phoenix 24-20 L
    LA Lakers @ Golden State: 22-22 tie game after 1 QT

Nov. 2, 2006

LA Clippers vs Denver: Denver 24-18 W

2005 Trend Results
    3-3

Nov. 2, 2005

Milwakee @ New Jersey: New Jersey 29-17 W
    Detroit vs Philly: Detroit 28-20 W
    Cleveland vs NO/OAK City: Cleveland 35-19 W
    Houston vs Sacramento: Sac. 27-18 L
    LA Lakers @ Denver: Denver 28-26 L
    Utah vs Dallas: Dallas 25-19 L

***NOTE***

The first QT spread for these games was not taken into account when looking at the winning team for QT. In 2007 however the only 2 games IMO that would be effected by the first QT line would be the Celtics (who won the QT by 2 points), and the Lakers (who won QT by 3 points). The rest of the games first QT's were won by wider margines or by underdogs.
    Last edited by Billy The Kid; 10-30-2008, 11:17 AM. Reason: updated with 2006 and 2005 trend resutls
    NFL '12

The 2005 and 2006 reults are exactly even witch could throw this out the window as there may not be much of a trend after all. I was actually looking for a trend that benefitted teams playing games before their opponent when I stumbled accross the 2007 stats and was shocked that teams in their first game of the season were 7-0, the opposite direction I had anticipated. With that said I will most likely still be on the Mavs tonight in the first QT.
    NFL '12

Comment

NO Hornets +3
      1 Unit
      NFL '12

Comment

Working...
      X