btk Holloween Ball

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• btk Holloween Ball

1-0 last night, added an extra unit to the NO play but won't count it on the record since it wasn't posted...YTD 8-5 +2 Units.

Heres what Im liking tonight.

Toronto Raptors -7.5 - The Raptors were a surprise in their first game upsetting Philly. Chris Bosh was a beast and IMO he has another good night against Golden State who don't have a big who is athletic enough to stop him. Golden State is also not a very deep team and it is going to take alot of scoring from their top two Magatte and Jackson to keep them in many games. IMO both of these players are hit or miss everynight and the fact that the team is traveling accross country prob. wont help. Tyson Chandler grabed 16 boards on the Warriors and IMO the duo of Bosh and J. O'Neal could cause some rebounding problems tonight. I think the 7.5 is an interesting number for a Raptors team to be laying after being 6 point dogs to the 76 sixers and IMO is looking for GS money.

Sacramento Kings +6 - The Heat really looked terrible the other night against the Knicks and their offense was out of sink when wade didn't have the ball. The final score doesn't indicate how the game went as the Knicks controlled the tempo throughout and were victim of a bit of a let down the final 6 minutes after being up as many as 23 points. The Kings have some offensive weapons in Martin and Salmons. Rookie Jason Thompson was huge off the bench with 18 points and 10 boards. The Heat just didn't look like a team who should be laying this many points to anyone yet IMO.

Chicago Bulls/Boston Celtics Over 191 - The Bulls can put up points and like to push the tempo in games. IMO the Celtics will not shy away and play a half court game. Rajon Rondo loves to push the ball and Garnett is athletic enough to get up and down the court. Both teams use a pretty deep rotation so IMO things won't slow down as much with the second units. Tony Allen is a put your head down and go type of player and Eddie House looks to do the least amount of dribbiling possible and often advances the ball quickly up court with long passes. The combonation of Gordon/Hinrich/Rose all keep up the pace for the Bulls and IMO will look to beat the C's down court before they can get into their defensive set.

San Antonio Spurs -2 - Still the same old spurs and any time I get them laying a low number I like to play them. Personally I would have preferred Oden played becuase IMO there may have been an even lower number and I think Pryzbilla is a tougher matchup for Timmy. IMO Duncan would have embarressed 40 yr old Greg who looked sketchy with his bites on pump fakes during the preseason. The Blazers will be looking to rebound at home after the big loss to the Lakers but I like the veteran Spurs in this one.
    NFL '12

GL BTK :thumbs:

Originally posted by Billy The Kid View Post
    San Antonio Spurs -2 - Still the same old spurs and any time I get them laying a low number I like to play them.

No Manu or Oberto tonight. Same old Spurs? I kind of agree, they are the same in that they don't really care until mid season. Should be a good game....
    Champagne for my real friends, real pain for my sham friends...

Comment

Yea I have a bias towards the Spurs. Always been a fan and IMO Coach Pop is the most very underated. Kurt Thomas fills Oberto's role on the defensive/rebounding end. He won't give you any offensive numbers but Oberto isn't a scoring threat anyway and only gets garbage points around the basket and layups off of Timmys double teams. IMO thats nothing Kurt Thomas can't do. No Manu is big, he is a spark plug for this team, but I still like the experience of Duncan, Parker, and Bowen. Finley isn't a bad addition and picks up a little of the scoring thats missed from Manu's absence but won't give you the same output on the defensive end. I just wasn't too impressed with Portland, I know it was just one game but the Lakers D really kept the Blazers off balance and San Anotonio is definitley capable of applying pressure on the defensive end. Bowen/Roy matchup will be fun to watch!

one in so far

Chicago/Boston Over 190

2*
      NFL '12

Comment

Working...
      X