A. I. to Motown

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A. I. to Motown

Iverson to Detroit for Billups and McDyess.

Denver gets better, Detroit gets worse.

AI is a team killer. The 76ers were under .500 in all his years there. Too many ill-advised shots.

Does this open the door for Amir Johnson to get big minutes? Id love to see what that guy can do for 35 mins a game.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin View Post
      Denver gets better, Detroit gets worse.

AI is a team killer. The 76ers were under .500 in all his years there. Too many ill-advised shots.

Does this open the door for Amir Johnson to get big minutes? Id love to see what that guy can do for 35 mins a game.

what it opens the door for is Iverson's and Wallace's contract expire at the end of the year and the Pistons are gonna have huge money to spend:thumbs:

Comment

Originally posted by Larry View Post
        what it opens the door for is Iverson's and Wallace's contract expire at the end of the year and the Pistons are gonna have huge money to spend:thumbs:
        I was just going to say that.. .Larry what has local the media been saying bout the trade so far?

Chauncey getting older (I know AI old as well but he won't be around longer than this season), he is to slow to guard anyone quicker than him. Also Dumars has wanted AI ever since he took office for the Stones.. Should at least make the team more exciting to watch..

Comment

Originally posted by emv01 View Post
          I was just going to say that.. .Larry what has local the media been saying bout the trade so far?
          Mostly that Chauncy has been slow on the defense side of the ball. They are more than ready to let Stucky take the point. A. I. is a low risk for 1 yr. Like I stated he's in the last year of his contract, so if it dont work out no big deal. Also hearing that Denver might buy out McDyess's contract and the Pistons could resign him in 30 days. Also with McDyess gone (if he don't come back) it opens up room for Johnson and suprisingly Walter Herman, who has played well the first two games.

Next off season the Pistons could have as much as 36 million a year to spend.

Comment

This next summer isn't the big key but the summer of 2010 there will be all kinds of free agents.

Comment

It is a win win. We get someone that is not a team killer and can distribute first shoot second, and Motown gets the expiring contract!We'll take it!

Comment

They're saying that Detroit could have enough money in 2010 to offer 2 max contracts to free agents. Tiny step back for a huge step forward(hopefully):thumbs:

Comment

Good article... Dumars is a man with a plan.

Pistons get Iverson now, LeBron later? - NBA - Yahoo! Sports

Comment

Originally posted by CuseFan10 View Post

yeah I saw that, I think he's laying down a good plan, but seriously no offense to Detroit, but for someone so glitzy and glamour like LeBron, why would he go there?

money is not an issue, but mainly championships (which Detroit could conceivably deliver), and the "global" icon fetish James has.

assuming NBA championships are important, why is this guy still so bad at FTs and Jumpshots?

I mean I honestly think (don't give me this he was too busy with Olympics) anyone with his talent, if he had any serious drive aka Kobe Bryant or Michael Jordan to get better, he would shore up any or ALL of his deficiencies. Not like he's Shaq or several 7 footers who have trouble with FTs.

just my two cents
                    :hide:

"Schooly D is fat cake yo."
                    -Big Pimpin-

Comment

Just stay away from Bosh :nono:

Comment

what we say here in Detroit is.."in Joe D. we trust":thumbs:

Comment

Looks like a solid plan Dumars is plotting. In the end I don't see LBJ going there, but it's not like they're screwed if he doesn't...

The Pistons have arguably the best bench in the NBA- Stuckey, Maxiell, Afflalo, Herrman, Kwame. I have always admired the way they biuld their team, they always seem to find the right guy for the job. Herrman is averaging 10ppg in 19 minutes to start the season. Amir should respond well to being the starter. Maxiell is very scrappy & should get 20+ minutes every game. I think it was highway robbery getting him for 4yrs/ 20 mil. He's that bench player that will always give you 100% & come up big when you need him. I think people are quick to bash AI, but I think he's one of the greatest pgs I have watched. Nobody mentions how solid he is defensively, & I'd be willing to bet Stuckey could pick up something from playing with AI. It's crazy to think Detroit will let AI just jack up shots, that's not their offensive style. He has a better shot at winning a title there than he ever would with Denver, so I think he will be willling to play his role.....

As far as Denver goes, this works out pretty well. AI will always be the focal point, & Billups will give steady play at pg. I think his aging is a bit overblown at this point, not that it matters in Denver's no-defense playing gameplans. I think he'll put up good numbers in their offense. Adding McDyess is solid too, given how fragile Kenyon Martin is these days. He's already day to day with a hammy issue. At least this way they don't have to rely on Kleiza as much, who has really struggled offensively to start the season. I wouldn't be surprised to see McDyess getting more minutes than him eventually.

:thumbs:
                          Champagne for my real friends, real pain for my sham friends...

Comment

Originally posted by Underdog88 View Post
                            Adding McDyess is solid too, given how fragile Kenyon Martin is these days. He's already day to day with a hammy issue. At least this way they don't have to rely on Kleiza as much, who has really struggled offensively to start the season. I wouldn't be surprised to see McDyess getting more minutes than him eventually.

:thumbs:
                            McDyess is suppose to be bought out, and has said the only team he is intrested in playing for is the Pistons. If this is true the Pistons will have to wait 30 days to sign him.

Comment

I agree that I don't see LeBron going to DET in the end, but I could def see Dwayne Wade going there if things don't get better in MIA. Would be a steal of a trade if DET can get mcdyess back.

Comment

Working...
                              X