X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saturday

Utah Jazz -5

3 units

I'll have a few more later, but this one I wanted to get in early. Line is moving up, and will most likely hit 6 or more by game time, imho.

I've been waiting for this game ever since Orlando squeaked out a W vs the Clips on Monday. The Clips got off to a terribly sluggish start in that one, then dominated for 2 or 2.5 qtrs, and led by 9 after the 3rd, and then took a **** all over themselves in the 4th, while Orlando got hot and didn't seem to miss a single 3 pointer.

Then the next night they got a 1pt win vs Portland, with Portland in what amounted to just a horrible spot, with 1 game @ home after an east coast road swing, before heading back out on the road to face divisional rival Utah. I contemplated playing Portland there, but had to pass because of the spot they were in, as other wise i think they would have covered that line or -5 or -6 or whatever it was most nights, all things equal.

Then I jumped on the Suns against the Magic last night, despite the Suns being minus 3 key players, and quite honestly feel a bit screwed taking the loss, having gotten Phoenix at -1.5, and them winning by 1. That was again, a game where Phoenix dominated MOST of it, except the beginning where they got down big, and at the very end.

I believe Orlando is a good team, but they're not 17-5 good. They've beaten alot of average to weak competition in the east, and caught some of these western conference teams in bad spots lately.

Utah will be the best team they've faced this year with the exception of Boston, and they got throttled by the Celts 107-88.

Barring any unforeseen injuries or weirdness, I'd be very surprised if Utah doesn't cover this number tonight....
    Last edited by Stifler's Mom; 12-13-2008, 12:23 PM.

added:

Charlotte +2

2 units

Trying to wait for +5 or better if i can get it on both Atlanta and LA Clippers....

Comment

Best Of Luck ; the thing that scares me about betting the Jazz here is "no Boozer" I think that position will be a big factor tonight. Okur prefers to shoot , can't matchup with Howard...
      Or will it be AK ?
      If your actions inspire others to dream more,learn more,
      do more and become more,you are a leader.

Comment

GL Stif! Agree that it's a solid situational play on the Jazz @ home here. :thumbs:
        Champagne for my real friends, real pain for my sham friends...

Comment

I'd think AK before Okur....although that poses a huge size disadvantage. Then again, Howard is a match up problem for just about everyone. I assume he will get his, but if Utah can keep the 3 ball under control, I think they can put up more than enough to control the game and win by a pretty comfortable margin. Besides, Okur poses the same problem on the other end, as I doubt Howard will be out on the perimeter guarding him too often, or at all.

Don't know if this will matter or not, but patience paid off:

Atlanta +5

2 units

Still waiting for the Clips, which is currently at +4.5....

Comment

Tailing Overdog88....

Denver/Golden Shower over 228.5

2 units

Comment

Sac Queens -1
              LA Clippers +4.5 (-105)

2 units each

Tough to lay points (or even a point, lol) with the Queens, but if they can't beat the Knicks at Arco, just who are they going to beat?

Clips warming up a bit, starting to gel maybe? Z-Bo a huge addition, making the guys around him better too.

Apparently no Artest again for Houston, in addition to Battier and Barry still being out, and a hobbled T-Mac on a back to back after having to run around with Golden St last night? Doesn't sound like a recipe for success to me, and they're laying road chalk? Looks like a bit of perception vs reality maybe. Game probably really should be a pick em.

Then again, who can trust the Clippers this year? Hopefully they show up again tonight....

Comment

Originally posted by Stifler's Mom View Post
                Tailing Overdog88....

Denver/Golden Shower over 228.5

2 units
                need GSW to start shooting the ball at a higher percentage.
                I am the M'bah a'Flyers Fan !

Comment

Q: How do you get outscored 34-12 on your home floor in the 3rd qtr after leading by 10 at the half?

A: You suck

**** Utah

Wonder if the Knicks will hit 200? I think I may be avoiding the Queens all together the rest of the year....

Comment

wow........Utah folded...lol..i didn't check the score, and i was just saying i should have played stiffy's utah play
                    I am the M'bah a'Flyers Fan !

Comment

Working...
                    X