• ***Merry X-Mas NBA***

Straight 147-142 -.94 units

Dog MLs 12-27 +6.46 units

Hope everyone is enjoying the holidays :beerbang:

Hornets+5.5

Spurs/Suns u200.5

Celtics+2-101

3 units each

Hornets- While the Magic have been money @ home this season, I think we have too high of a number here. The Magic recently beat the Spurs & Lakers (by 3), but both were on the back end of b2b games. Pretty favorable spot to face two powerhouse teams. Besides these two wins, the Magic have faced 3 other teams with above .500 records @ home- The Hawks, Blazers & Rockets. They lost all 3. While for the most part IMO the Hornets have underachieved, this is a spot where I am willing to back them. They have 4 road losses, @Boston, @Houston, @Port & @ Char. The games vs Houston & Portland were both on the backend of b2b games, & the Blazershad revenge. Of course there is no shame in losing to the best team in the NBA, so IMO they have 1 bad road loss. I don't think a su win is out of the question here....

Spurs/Suns under- Spurs with revenge as the Suns won @ SA 1-3-98, when the Spurs were without Manu, Hill & Oberto. No Oberto today either, but the Spurs are playing much better now. Lean to the Spurs to win here, but IMO the under is the best option. Plain and simple I just don't think the Spurs are going to want to run here, & defense will prevail.

Celtics- Best team in the game. I could easily make an argument either way here, which just goes to show you really how objective writeups can be. Lakers with playoff revenge & @ Staples, Phil Jackson going for 1,000 win- many will point to these factors as motivation for LA, but they easily could ignite the Celtics. Do you really think the C's want to be Phil's 1,000 win? Should be a battle, but in the end I'm rolling with the better defense to get enough stops & win this game.

leaning on the Mavs +pts as well....
    Champagne for my real friends, real pain for my sham friends...

Stocking stuffer

Hornets+180
    Suns team u101.5
    Celtics team over 99
    Mavs+4.5

1 to win 17.75 units

Comment

I've been going back and forth all week with the Lakers/Celtics game. The one thing that keeps sticking in my mind is that the ESPN bozos, amongst other national broadcasters, have been touting basically all week now how "weak" of a team the Lakers are, both mentally and more importantly defensively, and that's why they lost convincingly last year in the finals.

While I can certainly not dispute (nor would I attempt to because its fact) that Boston is hands down the best team in the NBA, I also can't help but think LA really shows up with a 100% effort defensively today.

So the reason I bring this up in your thread is because I see you on the C's, and now also their team total over 99, so what I was wondering is do you disagree and just plain think the Lakers are so weak defensively that it won't matter? Or is it something you didn't consider at all? Or something you may not even care about in your evaluation of this game?

Comment

Honestly I haven't watched espn (expecpt for when games are on) in quite some time, but do generally think they are good for fading. That being said I've been watching the Lakers past couple games & think that even if they put forth a stronger defensive effort, the C's should still be able to put up points. The Celtics have been offensive juggernauts the past week, so I am just riding that one out. :thumbs:

Comment

C's/Lakers o100 1sth

2 units

C's+.5 1stq

1 unit

Comment

C's/Lakers o101.5 2ndh

2 units

C's-135 2ndh
            Cavs team o51.5 1sth

1 to win 2.25 units

Comment

That offensive foul on Rondo may have been one of the worst calls ever.... Phil Jackson's comments before the 4th suggests they're gonna run....

Comment

May want to fade.....

Wizards+17-120

Wiz/Cavs o95 1sth

3 units each

Comment

Mavs+3 1sth

3 units

Mavs+170 gm

Blazers team u98.5

1 unit each

Comment

Nice to straighten things out late....

6-6 straight +1.27 units

1-0 dog ml +1.7 units

Comment

Working...
                    X