Scottie Pippen to play again?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scottie Pippen to play again?

I just caught part of an interview during the Heat/Pistons game and heard him say something about considering deals to "come back"....which I assume he means to play.

Isn't he like 40 something?

i think he said he wants to play for the cavs or the mavs....i really hope the mavs are smart and dont bring him into there lineup.....hell, while these guys are at it, maybe sir charles is gonna announce a comeback too.....

Comment

Maybe we can get Bird and Magic back. And lets try to hook the paddles up to Wilt the Stilt - who knows - maybe modern medical technology can bring him back too.
      可你住在有趣的时代 - May you live in interesting times.

Visit wagertracker and participate in free contests and track your picks.

Comment

I heard Denver may want him.

Who knows, maybe with some time off he'd be real fresh and be able to hold up.

He is indeed pretty thin and in good shape. Im not sure I like these studs like clemens and pippen coming out of retirement and signing LATE SEASON contracts with winning teams though.

Kinda like being a kid and skipping your dinner and going straight to the desert. It just don't seem right.

Comment

Fish,

Please dont tease me about bringing bird back. (lol) Id give my left nut to watch that guy for just one more game.

(my fav player of all time, any sport)

Back when we were kids and you and I used to play on Atherton's court, I used to try to emulate his form. Ahhh the memories.

ATHERTONS COURT. What a great neighborhood we grew up in man. Dora Ct. baseball diamond, athertons court and steves backyard football field and coignys smelly downstairs video game room. lol
          Last edited by Kevin; 03-02-2007, 10:04 PM.

Comment

That's what I was thinking too. Why do these guys who were once great, but are now too old to play keep thinking they can come back?

Sir Charles could barely outrun that 70 year old ref....Dick Bevetta or whatever his name is, LOL

Comment

I read somewhere that Pippen said he hasn't played competitive basketball like a 5 on 5 game in a while...if what he said is true, what makes him think he can play in the L at his age?

If any team would acquire him I think it would be the Lakers because he knows Phil's system.

Comment

Pippen is a disaster waiting to happen.

The day Sir Charles come back and play in the NBA is the day I will get down on my knees and kiss everyone's ass for 30 days straight.
                Rowdy Rowdy Red!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Stifler's Mom View Post
                  That's what I was thinking too. Why do these guys who were once great, but are now too old to play keep thinking they can come back?

Sir Charles could barely outrun that 70 year old ref....Dick Bevetta or whatever his name is, LOL
                  lololol i watched that....barkley was all proud because he beat a guy almost twice his age in a running contest....what a joke

Comment

Pippen would like one more shot at easy NBA money.

Payscale for NBA Players is way out of whack...

Comment

im sure barkley can use some NBA money....hes probably broke from gambling.....

Comment

I'm gonna agree with ya ATB....Pippen is not going to help a team right now. When is the last time this guy played basketball conpetitively...I mean the only possible suiter would be the lake show with the triangle and phil but even that would be difficult to throw at him. He is gonna be much more of a burden for teams than a helpful teammate.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin View Post
                          Fish,

Please dont tease me about bringing bird back. (lol) Id give my left nut to watch that guy for just one more game.

(my fav player of all time, any sport)

Back when we were kids and you and I used to play on Atherton's court, I used to try to emulate his form. Ahhh the memories.

ATHERTONS COURT. What a great neighborhood we grew up in man. Dora Ct. baseball diamond, athertons court and steves backyard football field and coignys smelly downstairs video game room. lol
                          Re: Bird - Don't they do the old-timers game during the all-star break anymore :nuts:

Re: Athertons' Court - jesus - we used to count as a 3 hitting a shot from by his garage door on the perimiter - something like 8 feet away. I think Drexler would have been able to dunk from there without a running start during the day.

Much more fun was trying to hit that basket from my backyard with a nerf football - over the old guys house, over the street, into the basket. I think you pulled that one off once (then again, we could be confusing that and the time we poked holes in his moms diaphram with a pin - lol)

Can't forget baseball at the end of the cul-de-sac every damn day in the summer. If we weren't riding our bikes at 11 years old 4 miles away to pick up the 1984 fleer packs they had at Albertsons so we could land a Darryl Strawberry rookie card (oh, if we could tell the future - lol).
                          可你住在有趣的时代 - May you live in interesting times.

Visit wagertracker and participate in free contests and track your picks.

Comment

I agree with Charles Barkley on the Scottie Pippen comeback:

http://www.matthom.com/archive/2007/...urn-to-the-nba
                            “So back during college basketball season my buddy Shecky tells me he’s got this system. He says it’s an absolute lock when you have this combination: Big East team, on the road, given less than 6 points with a white point guard.” ---Artie Lange in Beer League

Comment

Story is Pippen lost a lot of money when he retired and now he needs to make some money... I'd like to see him play, but it sounds like he's just doing it for the money!

Comment

Working...
                              X