Dwight Howard Suspended for Game 6

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dwight Howard Suspended for Game 6

Wow I did not think the NBA had the balls to do this. I saw the elbow and I agreed with the technical, but suspending a team's best player and one of the best in the nba for an elbow is really bad. Huge break for the sixers...

yup

I really think if there was just a sliver of doubt, they would have "talked" their way out of it full of excuses for why he isnt suspended, but as it was clear on tape they had no wiggle room.

Howard saying he's disappointed has to be the PC answer, I mean he may not have intended it, but he's not a child he knows they have him on tape making contact, and that even though he wasnt the instigator, the rule of thumb is that they always catch the 2nd man, the person who reacts, not the instigator.....
    :hide:

"Schooly D is fat cake yo."
    -Big Pimpin-

Comment

Man I love the NBA as much as the next man, which in this forum may be Underdog among others lol, but the higher ups in the NBA league office are running a sorry product.

(even as a Spurs fan), taking two steps off the bench and you get suspended (following the letter of the law).

yet if you hit a player in the face, and you were no where near the ball, and because this was not the regular season and the beloved Celtics against the post-Jordan Bulls, its not a flagrant?!?

The Howard decision I agree with, but I honestly believe without such a clear angle of that shot, they would have weaseled their way out of it.

then again no offense, but as it was "only" the Magic vs. Sixers, they wouldnt have cared either way to try to weasel out of it
      :hide:

"Schooly D is fat cake yo."
      -Big Pimpin-

Comment

How is that a flagrant on WAde? Just don't get it all he did was go for the ball..

Comment

Working...
        X