FINALS: GAME II MAGIC VS LAKERS

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FINALS: GAME II MAGIC VS LAKERS

Just Stopped by to say Hello and Best of Luck to All in the Finals.....Best Pick of Year would have been Game 3 between LA and Denver....Knew LA had to win to turn Series..Next best Spot is Game II Which will be tight and come Down to the Last Seconds...Take Magic Plus Points....BOL..!!

Thor24
    Last edited by Thor24; 06-05-2009, 02:53 PM.
    Lo there do I See my Father.....Lo there do I See my Mother.....and My Sisters and My Brothers... Lo there do I See the Line of My People Back to the Beginning...Lo they do Call to Me...They Bid Me...Take My Place Among Them...In The Halls of VALHALLA...Where the Brave...May Live...FOREVER..!!

Great to see ya stop in Thor.

Hope you don't mind me adding my thoughts in your thread here, but since you started the conversation, it seemed like the appropriate place.

I agree with your assessment here. Everyone will over react to one game where it could easily be said that the Magic were terrible as much as the Lakers were great, bet the house on the Lakers in game 2 at an unfavorable line, and probably lose when Orlando shoots better than a stinkin ass 30% from the field, and possibly holds on to the ball a little better, amongst other adjustments they need to make, and have proven they can and will do. I remember people having these guys written off after they lost game 1 to Philly, and when Howard got suspended vs Philly, about 3 times in the Boston series, and certainly prior to the Cleveland series, before they clowned Mr James and dethroned the already crowned Eastern champ Cavs in 6 games. Oh yea....and I remember a game in that series where the exact same thing happened. CLE came out all motivated, down 3-1 in the series, and won by a decent margin. What happened next game? ORL came to play, stepped on their throats, choked em out, and sent em packing.

I mean the line says it all. Lakers are -6 in game 1, win by 25, now everyone has a boner for them, and the books put out a -6.5 for the next game?

Also, the series price only went to +400 for Orlando (up from +280). That's not a huge jump for a team who dropped game 1 in ugly fashion, and whom pretty much every public Joe has losing this series in 4 games now....maybe 5 if they can muster up one lucky home win.

The public will also ignore that Orlando has a great road record, road wins @CLE and @BOS in these playoffs (including a game 7 win in BOS), and that they have proven all year they are fully capable of playing with anyone, anywhere. Not to mention they won both reg season meetings vs LAL. One big loss where they came out pretty flat and the other team came out at the top of their game and blew them out doesn't automatically make them suck. I mean what a major overreaction we're hearing from the media and public alike here. They've all but crowned the Lakers, and deemed Kobe as the greatest of all time (again)....yet the books release basically the same line as the first game? :dunno:

All of this could be a bit of a motivator for ORL, if you ask me, and it's no secret what this team has done when motivated.

The books aren't scared of the public pounding they're taking on the Lakers in game 2, and rightly so, imho....
    Last edited by Stifler's Mom; 06-05-2009, 06:12 PM.

Comment

STIF....Thanks for the Words and You are Always Welcome to Post Your Thoughts in My Post...I Agree Completely and Game III should be Bet Small with a Larger Bet on Game after the Result of Third Game in Game IV..Would be the Logical Best Pic...BOL to Ya...!!!

Well Magic Cover But a Tough Hard Loss for Magic Fans Not Winning with a Layup with 0.6 Seconds at the End of the Game Only to Lose in OT...BOL to All and Hope ya Hammer the Man...!!
      Lo there do I See my Father.....Lo there do I See my Mother.....and My Sisters and My Brothers... Lo there do I See the Line of My People Back to the Beginning...Lo they do Call to Me...They Bid Me...Take My Place Among Them...In The Halls of VALHALLA...Where the Brave...May Live...FOREVER..!!

Comment

I Just Thought I Post in this Thread...

Game III....Lakers Vs Magic

I Really Think the Best Biggest Play is the Over..Both Game I and II would Been Under But OT Pushed the Score in Game II..On the Lakers Floor D will be more Bright but at the Magic House Both Team's O will Roll and Howard will have his Best Game with More 3's Outside than 1st 2 Games..Then Small Play on Magic Side....Just My Thoughts...BOL to All and Hammer the Man..!!

Comment

Hope Everyone had a Good Nite...Push on the Side Small Play and Magic/Lakers Cover on Over..BOL to All on Game IV....Hope ya Hammer the Man..!!...(2-0-1)

Comment

Good call Thor! :thumbs: Thanks to Rashard I hit on ingame Magic -3.

Comment

Thanks..GKL68..Hope All had a Good Thursday Nite in Game IV..My Kids were on my Comp (Married with 3 Children) and Lost my Link and Info...I was Going to Post during the Afternoon But I Could get On..When ya Get Old ya Forget Things..Like Password..LOL then the Computers at Work Got Messed up by Lightning Got Modem and Router and I was there until 10 Pm..Sorry I Missed Post Because Lakers +2 was the Play..(Even Though Magic Started Fast and Did not Finish as Strong at End of Game)..The Logical Play was LA Lakers...Here is Why:

In Football..Pro and College..There is Only 1 Game and Emotion comes into Play Sometimes..BUT in Basketball Playoffs..NBA..Series can be Cut Down by Game by Game..(Like a Few Years Ago I had Some Good Luck)..But ya Got to use Logic and Count for Variable Change and Pic without Emotion..Basic Math..Game I was Best Spot for Lakers..Result LA Blowout..Game II Magic to Come Back and Cover and Line Showed Itself..Game I was 6 Game II was 6 1/2 to 7..Result Magic Covered and Should have Won..Game III Play would Be Magic at -4..Line was 2 to 2 1/2 less for Then 1st Home Game than Lakers But Home COURT is a Great Medicine and The Adrenaline is Pumping that is the Best OVER Game but also Small Play would be Magic side..Result OVER Covered and 3 to 3 1/2 Covered and 4 Pushed..Over $$...Game IV was a Game that Lakers wanted to win 1 at Magic House and was the Best Spot with Line Know Dropping to -2 Magic...Now in the Game V..Magic should Win by their BEST Performace..ie- Last Home Game of Season and Adrenaline will Pump Sky High..Over for 1st Q or Half should be the Play and Magic Side and Game Total Over should be the Right Spot...

Now Play What Ya Feel But that are my Thoughts and Once again I am Sorry I Did Not get to Post....NOW Please Watch Movie.."21" Based on Novel "Bringing Down the House" about MIT Students that Counted BlackJack in Vegas and Won $$$$$..Used Nonlinear Math Accounting for Variable Change..Thus Play/Pic on % or Best Spot by Picking Based on Best % or Spot and Not EMOTION..Which Most People Play in Football or other Sports..

Now that is the Most I have Typed/Said in Years LOL...and I Know Everyone is Saying "get off here Thor so Time to Go and Let You Good People Alone..Game V the Best Spot would Be Magic Side..Over for Game and 1st Q and Half..Crowd will be Rocking and as an Ex Ballplayer Nothing and Mean NOTHING comes Close to Hearing 10 to 20,000 Peolple Yelling your NAME and Cheering for You..!!

BOL and Hope ya Hammer the Man..!!
              Thor24

Comment

Had some Time so I will Post: Writeup is Above

LA Lakers at Orlando Magic: Game V

Pic: Orlando Magic -3....Game Best Big Pic Play

Pic: Orlando -1...Half Small Play
                Pic: Orlando Over 198...Game Big Pic

Hope Everyone Cashes

BOL on Whatever ya Do and Hope ya Hammer the Man..!!

Comment

Working...
                X