NBA Wisdom - Wednesday, 11/18

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NBA Wisdom - Wednesday, 11/18

Hello all. New here...just looking to improve upon my handicapping skills. I am going to try and cap all NBA games...I know this an an unwise betting strategy, but I want to see how it goes. I hope to improve throughout the year. Any advice would be appreciated. Good luck to all....

Cavs -4.5 UNDER 197

Heat +7.5 OVER 188.5

76ers -3 UNDER 185.5

Pacers -6.5 UNDER 216.5

Thunder +12.5 UNDER 196

Warriors +16.5 UNDER 209.5

Clippers +5 UNDER 199

Rockets -5.5 UNDER 196

Bucks -10 UNDER 187.5

Jazz -9 UNDER 209.5

Mavs -1.5 UNDER 197.5

Pistons +10.5 OVER 177

....all plays 1 small unit each....

Wisdom - NBA (0-0-0)
    Last edited by danny_wisdom; 11-18-2009, 05:08 PM.

...and I got the date wrong in my very first post. Not sure how my selections are gonna be if I can't even get the date right. At least I got the day right. It is Wednesday, right...? :sm:

:thumbs:

Comment

Welcome aboard newbie!
      Delivering previews and picks to your computer 365/days a year!

Comment

hey, thanks Mailman!

:sm:

Comment

NBA Wisdom - - Wednesday -- 11/18

Hello all. New here...just looking to improve upon my handicapping skills. I am going to try and cap all NBA games...I know this an an unwise betting strategy, but I want to see how it goes. I hope to improve throughout the year. Any advice would be appreciated. Good luck to all....

Cavs -4.5 UNDER 197 LOSS LOSS

Heat +7.5 OVER 188.5 LOSS WIN

76ers -3 UNDER 185.5 LOSS WIN

Pacers -6.5 UNDER 216.5 LOSS WIN

Thunder +12.5 UNDER 196 LOSS LOSS

Warriors +16.5 UNDER 209.5 WIN WIN

Clippers +5 UNDER 199 LOSS WIN

Rockets -5.5 UNDER 196 WIN WIN

Bucks -10 UNDER 187.5 WIN WIN

Jazz -9 UNDER 209.5 WIN WIN

Mavs -1.5 UNDER 197.5 WIN WIN

Pistons +10.5 OVER 177 WIN LOSS

....all plays 1 small unit each....

Wisdom - NBA (0-0-0)
          Last edited by danny_wisdom; 11-19-2009, 12:32 AM.

Comment

...I wanted to post my thread with the correct date on the title...and I couldn't figure out how to delete my older thread with the wrong date. I thought it would be a simple procedure -- obviously not simple enough for me. I apologize for the two threads now...

...off to a rough start here...

good luck to all...

Comment

LOL, I don't think you can delete your own thread, and I know you can't edit your title once you submit the post. I'll take care if it for you.

:welcome:

Comment

All done.

GL tonight :beerbang:

Comment

..thanks, man.

good luck to you as well....I think we are opposed on a lot -- but that is probably good for you. I am just looking for that 55% or above for the long run...You can win the one's we're opposite on, as long as I can win the others...

best of luck to you, tonight....

Comment

windycity

Hello Wisdom,

I think playing every game is like flushing your money in the toilet. The other reason is that you are not sure which game to play. I suggest that you concentrate on two or three good games. There is no way that you can win on every game wo why spend time on every game. It just how I play. GLA

Comment

you are absolutely right...if I told you my "unit" play for this, you would probably laugh -- it is not much. I am in an NFL pool each week where I have to pick every game against the spread -- I am always on the plus side of the ledger and am actually in 1st place right now amongst 50 other people. But in the NFL, I do what you say -- choose 3 or 4 or 5 games that I like -- those may not hit -- but my enitre card for the pool is doing quite well. Well above .500. If I played every game in the NFL this season, I would be up.

I just want to improve my capping, so I am capping all the games. Again, my unit size is quite small for this endeavor. So, I am not too worried about it. I appreciate your advice and I am sure you are correct. Just wanna take a whirl at this.

thanks -- and good luck to you!

Comment

With you on one of the 20 plays tonight (rockets under) :toast:

:welcome:

Comment

GL Danny and :welcome:
                          Champagne for my real friends, real pain for my sham friends...

Comment

...thanks...:sm:

good start in the NBA...better than I expected...still trying to get a feel for tendencies and situations...I don't think I would have done as good if I had just played 3 or 4 that I felt I liked better than some others...

Wisdom - NBA (15-9) +4.5units 62.5%
                            Last edited by danny_wisdom; 11-19-2009, 12:41 AM.

Comment

Working...
                            X